Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kerry Signs UN Arms Treaty!!!

divemaster5734

Thank you Rayzur, I was hoping to hear from you on this.  I agree with you 100%.

Can you see how they are hiding behind the language they are using.

This part bothers me.  I'm taking this means that they can come in anytime and add new measurements. 

Emphasizing that nothing in this Treaty prevents States from maintaining and adopting additional effective measures to further the object and purpose of this Treaty,

• Upvote 1

I have to respectfully disagree with you.

The UN is a joke and letting them have ANY power over us, even if it's only in writing like this, is a mistake. When our "leaders" willingly submit control to them, we have a problem... and that's what Kerry has done. There is no reason at all that we should be weakening ourselves, and that's all that is happening here... and we don't even have an upside or benefit resulting from this action.

Bottom line?

It's plain stupid. 

That's my :twocents:

My always respected friend. I must disagree with you.

Yes, I fully understand the UN's shortcomings. It's made mistake after mistake. From the perspective of this country, it's a real joke. Sometimes it even permits tyrants and wolves to oversee the chickens, so to speak, by placing them in charge of important human rights committees, for example.

So it's my fault, actually, for not fully explaining my point of view.

The UN is the second effort of a world seeking peace. The first was the League of Nations, as you know. As such, it has become the only hope for justice and fairness for the majority of the small countries of the world. They take pride in membership on its committees. They always seek its guidance and even its protective ability. We don't see this side of this young institution for obvious reasons.

Still, I contend that, if it weren't for the existence of the UN, WW III would have already occurred. Even for America, it represents a safety valve.

To the point, the UN represents a global 'idea'. It can be compared, at this stage of its development, to a young child only learning to walk and run. So I, too, agree that it should not have any control or influence over this country. Besides, it's not even capable of doing so, despite the unrealistic fear being generated over this concern. 

But that it exists begs the question; What should our attitude be towards it, as American citizens. For me, it's 'over all' pluses far outweigh the negatives. Until the reverse occurs, I'll continue to support this historically unprecedented idea for bringing global peace.

As they say, 'Just saying'. :)

Edited by Wayfarer
  • Upvote 1

END OF THE WORLD!! :cowboy2:

As we know it anyways..... Dog is correct, this was worded so they could use it however they damn well see fit. It is explicitly to take American freedoms... our forefathers saw this and provided us with a historical lesson and the 2nd Ammendment to keep a "tyrranical government" at bay... The only question left is are we gonna roll over and just keep internet blogging our dissatisfaction or are we gonna exercise our rights and prevent what's coming?

And btw TPSprayduster, you are either paid by the government to say the things you say (I never subscribed to the CT's government shill's thing til recently) or you are just plain ignorant. I honestly don't know which would be worse....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

As we know it anyways..... Dog is correct, this was worded so they could use it however they damn well see fit. It is explicitly to take American freedoms... our forefathers saw this and provided us with a historical lesson and the 2nd Ammendment to keep a "tyrranical government" at bay... The only question left is are we gonna roll over and just keep internet blogging our dissatisfaction or are we gonna exercise our rights and prevent what's coming?

And btw TPSprayduster, you are either paid by the government to say the things you say (I never subscribed to the CT's government shill's thing til recently) or you are just plain ignorant. I honestly don't know which would be worse....

+1 Bamagirl- This could be the straw that breaks the camels back and the proverbial SHTF !! They ARE going to keep on until they light the powder keg!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Serious questions.

There can never be a treaty that usurps a county's constitution unless that country is in egregious violation of a signed treaty. Why do you think otherwise?

Take an extreme case like N. Korea, which is in violation of many international laws for decades. If it has a constitution, I guess these violations makes it null and void. But my point is, short of war or a major diplomatic breakthrough NK's present policies will continue.

All the world knows about these violations. NK has only a few sympathizers among nations. But it's apparent that the UN does not want to invade it or to interfere in any way with its social order. It's historic posture has always been that of anti-aggression. So why is there so much fear of the UN stealthily taking our rights away when that hasn't happened anywhere in the world? It doesn't make sense. Seriously!

Edited by Wayfarer
  • Upvote 1

My always respected friend. I must disagree with you.

Yes, I fully understand the UN's shortcomings. It's made mistake after mistake. From the perspective of this country, it's a real joke. Sometimes it even permits tyrants and wolves to oversee the chickens, so to speak, by placing them in charge of important human rights committees, for example.

So it's my fault, actually, for not fully explaining my point of view.

The UN is the second effort of a world seeking peace. The first was the League of Nations, as you know. As such, it has become the only hope for justice and fairness for the majority of the small countries of the world. They take pride in membership on its committees. They always seek its guidance and even its protective ability. We don't see this side of this young institution for obvious reasons.

Still, I contend that, if it weren't for the existence of the UN, WW III would have already occurred. Even for America, it represents a safety valve.

To the point, the UN represents a global 'idea'. It can be compared, at this stage of its development, to a young child only learning to walk and run. So I, too, agree that it should not have any control or influence over this country. Besides, it's not even capable of doing so, despite the unrealistic fear being generated over this concern. 

But that it exists begs the question; What should our attitude be towards it, as American citizens. For me, it's 'over all' pluses far outweigh the negatives. Until the reverse occurs, I'll continue to support this historically unprecedented idea for bringing global peace.

As they say, 'Just saying'. :)

Thats what the UN used to be wayfarer its not what it has become.

They are in the banksters pocket.

Everything they do has nothing at all to do with world peace

It`s just another illusion that they  portray.

They are puppets dangling from a string like everyone else 

Serious questions.

There can never be a treaty that usurps a county's constitution. Why do you think otherwise? Take an extreme case like N. Korea, which is in violation of many international laws for decades. If it has a constitution, I guess these violations makes it null and void. But my point is, short of war or a major diplomatic breakthrough NK's present policies will continue.

All the world knows about these violations. NK has only a few sympathizers among nations. But it's apparent that the UN does not want to invade it or to interfere in any way with its social order. It's historic posture has always been that of anti-aggression. So why is there so much fear of the UN stealthily taking our rights away when that hasn't happened anywhere in the world? It doesn't make sense. Seriously!

You have got to be kidding me. 

You cant be that naive 

look in your history books man

You know how many treaties have been broken in regards to the native people.

My people

treaties mean nothing to these people .

They are used to obtain what they want.

In our case it was our land

in this case it may be our gun rights or something else

But one thing is certain 

when ever a treaty is signed

Somebody loses something. 

• Upvote 2

Thats what the UN used to be wayfarer its not what it has become.

They are in the banksters pocket.

Everything they do has nothing at all to do with world peace

It`s just another illusion that they  portray.

They are puppets dangling from a string like everyone else 

You have got to be kidding me. 

You cant be that naive 

look in your history books man

You know how many treaties have been broken in regards to the native people.

My people

treaties mean nothing to these people .

They are used to obtain what they want.

In our case it was our land

in this case it may be our gun rights or something else

But one thing is certain 

when ever a treaty is signed

Somebody loses something. 

I'm on your side. I have many Dakota friends. I'm on your side. I have GOOD friends on reservations still.

But I was speaking about a young institution called the UN. Not treaties in general. I know a little something about early American history, especially its many broken treaties with the First Nations. They did this despite our now beloved Constitution. And it was done callously, murderously, and greedily.

Dog, why did you bring that up? Because, it shows that 'we, the people' are our own worst enemies. What was done in the past still remains an open wound that many Americans wish would simply 'go away'.

But this is about the UN. To my knowledge, it has never broken one of its treaties. It can certainly be accused of 'non-compliance', such as when French (I believe) UN troops stood by in Serbia and allowed Muslims to be slaughtered. The same in Rwanda, Africa, when it was on the ground but would not send reinforcements for political reasons; over 800,000 Tutsis were slaughtered. Etc.!

I know its faults, but it's still young. I don't believe in kicking a still young child for falling down. I believe in it's 'potential'. It needs willful input and encouragement.

Look at what happened at the UN yesterday. It was used to create a common front against Serbia. And it was the milieu in which Iran and the US can start the diplomatic dance. THAT'S the UN I'm referring to. And if our own Constitution isn't perfect, due to its inability to protect the First Nations of this country, or descendants of slaves, women's rights, etc., then no American, IMO, can say the work of freedom is complete, even here in our own country.

Edited by Wayfarer