Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

God made a farmer

WoodChopper

http://youtu.be/attsr6iOrFg

Sure miss hearing Paul Harvey on the radio, this bit reminded me so much of my roots in Iowa!

WoodChopper

I grew up with Paul Harvey the world is not the same without him

I surly do miss the farm life

No Surrender No Retreat and No compromise

That was great! I miss the good ole days. And on the 9th day, God made a Liberal.

This one needs to be saved for it's historical accuracy

It will be the only way to show our children the truth about how we became a third world country

Or it will be evidence that we really did act in self defense

No Surrender No Retreat and No Comporomise

• Upvote 1

+1 Wood  farmers and ranchers were the backbone of this nation until the big coporates got going. After several years away from it, it's great now having cows, garden, etc again. I swore when I was a teenager if I ever got away from all that I'd never plant a garden again!!! LMAO but I guess you come full circle sooner or later

BIGSKY1, Same here, couldn't wait to leave the farm, go see the big city, see the world. Now, wish I would of stayed there and fought for keeping the family farm for myself. Raised 30-40 head of Black Angus, chickens, turkeys, had a couple of horses, 30-40 acres tillable, grew wheat, oats and corn. Had 100+ acres of woods to hunt rabbit, deer, squirrel, ring-neck pheasant, turkeys. Two streams, two waterfalls, wild mushrooms, asparagus, black berries.

WM13

BIGSKY1, Same here, couldn't wait to leave the farm, go see the big city, see the world. Now, wish I would of stayed there and fought for keeping the family farm for myself. Raised 30-40 head of Black Angus, chickens, turkeys, had a couple of horses, 30-40 acres tillable, grew wheat, oats and corn. Had 100+ acres of woods to hunt rabbit, deer, squirrel, ring-neck pheasant, turkeys. Two streams, two waterfalls, wild mushrooms, asparagus, black berries.

WM13

Yes sir exactly, same here. your location says Heart of Dixie? Alabama I presume? Ever been to Dothan?

WM13

***///

PARADISE.  A beautiful, delicious, self-sustaining, life sustaining, spirit-sustaining eden.

No wonder you want it back now.  Hard work yes, worth it - you betcha.

We are so sad that you no longer have it. :(  It's sounds like a place where peace prevailed.

Now a uncle has it, doesn't work the farm, it had a big in-ground pool, (now filled in) huge barn, another large metal shed for farm implements, a gravel pit, great hunting from a swampy area to huge ridge backs and gulleys filled with hardwoods. My dad built his house with wood he cut from there and dragged out of the woods, took it to the saw mill cut the lumber. Now it's been cut up and leased out, shame really. It was a nice little family farm, we always ate well, fresh beef, chicken, vegetables, fresh game in the woods.

WM13

Edited by waterman13

Now a uncle has it, doesn't work the farm, it had a big in-ground pool, (now filled in) huge barn, another large metal shed for farm implements, a gravel pit, great hunting from a swampy area to huge ridge backs and gulleys filled with hardwoods. My dad built his house with wood he cut from there and dragged out of the woods, took it to the saw mill cut the lumber. Now it's been cut up and leased out, shame really. It was a nice little family farm, we always ate well, fresh beef, chicken, vegetables, fresh game in the woods.

WM13

***///

Any chance of your somehow getting it back and working like it should again...?  :confused2:  we hope....

***///

Any chance of your somehow getting it back and working like it should again...?  :confused2:  we hope....

I doubt it, going home to my "roots" I believe when this RV happens. Back to "my island" - "yes, father, I'll tell them" , Is your father the almighty, or to you talk with ghosts? "aye, an Irishman has to converse with the Almighty to find his equal"

That's me the mad Irishman :lol:

WM13

Edited by waterman13

Woodchopper, Thank you very much for sharing.  Grew up in the north east on a small family farm.  Ate fresh unsprayed produce directly from the trees. Picked berries and ran through the woods as a child.  The fruits were bursting with flavor and the air had seasonal scents from rain, manure, flowers and the crisp smell of winter. Thank you for bringing back those memories.

• Upvote 1