Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I Wish You Enough

Heavyduty053

Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at an airport as the daughter's departure had been announced. Standing near the security gate they hugged and the mother said, "I love you and I wish you enough".

The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has been more than enough". Your love is all I will ever need, I wish you enough, too, mom. They kissed again and the daughter went on down the ramp and out of sight. The mother walked over to the window where I sat to watch the plane. Standing there I could tell she wanted to cry as tears were running down her face and her hand was over her mouth. I tried not to intrude on her privacy but she welcomed me by asking, "Did you ever say good bye to someone knowing it would be forever. "Yes I have", I replied and its not pleasant.

"Forgive me for asking but why is this a forever goodbye?. I am old and she lives so far away and I have medical challenges ahead of me and the reality is we both know the next trip she makes back here might be for my funeral. When you were saying your goodbye's, I heard you say, "I wish you enough to her", may I ask what that means?. She finally smiled and tried to wipe some tears off her cheeks. That's a wish that has been handed down for generations in my family. My parents used to say it to everyone as they leave each other. Now she was smiling even bigger, "She said let me explain".

When we said, "I wish you enough' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them". Then she said, " it goes like this........

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more

I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys of life will bring a smile

I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess

I wish you enough hello's to get you through the final goodbye's

I wish you enough time to have fellowship with the lord

She began to cry again as she touched my cheek and walked away

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to learn to appreciate them, a day to love them and a entire lifetime to forget them.

All of us are guilty of taking our friends and families for granted. Somehow it just doesn't register in our minds that life is only a vapor that will evaporate when our lives expire. Each passing day is one day less for all of us. If we move on into tomorrow that is grand but this moment is all we have. Someday that special chair that mom or dad used to sit in when the families would gather together will be empty and there will only sit a memory, a vision of them that once was. Never pass up a chance to tell your mom and dad and your children you love them and wish them enough, this moment is here and tomorrow may never come.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Heavy, this story touched me so much. My mom sent this to me and I cried the whole time, she is aging fast and it broke my heart but gave me peace at the same time, how time flies as we age and get older but never want to have the loss of our mothers....thanks for bringing this as a reminder to all of us...:)

• Upvote 2

Sweet Heavy, just so you know--I always wish you enough--enough pain to notice the joy, enough sickness to notice your health, and enough loneliness to love all those who so deeply love you.  Indeed, you are one of those rare souls who always deserve . . . just a little more than . . . "enough."

• Upvote 2

How grand it is to have that accompany the story.....Thanks a wonderful bunch littlesam. I think the whole time I was writing it it brought tears thinking of my own mother and dad that has been gone over 10 years now. What a wonderful blessing......Randy

Sweet Heavy, just so you know--I always wish you enough--enough pain to notice the joy, enough sickness to notice your health, and enough loneliness to love all those who so deeply love you.  Indeed, you are one of those rare souls who always deserve . . . just a little more than . . . "enough."

Thanks Francie26, this truly touched my heart and wish all of my friends on here enough of all that Heaven has to offer now and forever more........Randy

• Upvote 2

How grand it is to have that accompany the story.....Thanks a wonderful bunch littlesam. I think the whole time I was writing it it brought tears thinking of my own mother and dad that has been gone over 10 years now. What a wonderful blessing......Randy

me too....still wiping the tears away but that's just me...:)...thanks for sharing this story, needed to be reminded..:)

• Upvote 2

Heavy,  this was just beautiful, I could not help but tear up.  You once told me that their chair will be empty one day and to enjoy and treasure every moment I have with them.  My mommy is fragile, but I still see her has a strong women, she has given so much love, compassion, courage, and comfort at my time of need.  Now its my turn to be her strength and it is the most rewarding gift to give.  God said,  "to honor your mother and father"....now I see in my heart why.

Thanks Heavy for sharing this touching story.

Littlesam, your video was just as touching.  Thank you so much for sharing. 

• Upvote 3