Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bite the bullet‏

moose 57

I'm going to bite the bullet, too!!!! Will you join me!
President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.
I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I spend about $2,000 a month on groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc., but it's time to get out the budget cutting axe, go through my expenses, and cut back.
I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio (1/35,000) of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2,000 a month, I'm going to have to cut that number by six cents. Yes, I'm going to have to get by with $1999.94, but that’s what sacrifice is all about.
I'll just have to do without some things, that are, frankly, luxuries – six cents worth. Perhaps I'll make it an even dime to show my true patriotism.
Did this President actually think no one would do the math?  I hope people understand how idiotic a $100 million cut is in a $3.5 trillion budget – ludicrous

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation...
One is by sword...
The other is by debt."
John Adams 1826

• Upvote 5

I think I'll pass on that second jelly donut said no politician ever!!!   <_< 

Pretty amazing how many people fall for the media hype isn't it???  I'm hearing the reported "cut backs" aren't even cut backs... just reducing the amount of increase.  That's like... well, I was going to spend an additional million bucks more but I'll just have to "settle for" $995,000... whoa is me!!!  :unsure:   Would they like some cheese with their whine???  :rolleyes: 

I have no options now.  Got my paperwork yesterday.  Beginning 21 Apr, 2013, I will be furloughed for 22 days.  MY budget is now being cut by 20%...

Sorry to hear that, Tank... best of luck to you... hope you have a back-up plan to make up the difference...

KK

Yeah it just gets crazier and crazier.

These bastards need a reality check. ALL of them.

Its like lets cut our servicemen's throats who risked it all for country or lets

stop handing out student loans so we spend the money on

seeing if a snake will strike at a stuffed squirrel .

Thanks KK - I have a few things in the works.  I have a month to pick up a bunch more customer on the one side business - which is my main push -  and my National Guard unit has said they have some school support dollars that I can tap into for a bit this summer.  They can put on orders 1 day a week (my furlough day) for most of July and August.

If nothing else, I just saw a banner at Home Depot last night saying they were hiring *lol* - and I was a manager at BK for years.  Bet I can still make a Whopper faster than most of the kids I've seen working the sandwich board...

• Upvote 1