Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Article Comments & Discussion - Post From D. Alert - 3/05/2013

ronscarpa

Article Comments & Discussion - Post From D. Alert

03/05/2013

... Posted in D.Recaps

The failure of the House of Representatives again today in a hearing to vote on the budget and decided to raise its on Tuesday.

The MP said the Iraqi List Raad Dahlaki today that "the presidency of the parliament postponed today's session to tomorrow for the lack of agreement of parliamentary blocs on the final version on the financial budget for the current year."

And was scheduled to hold the House of Representatives on Monday its usual to approve the state budget for 2013 and a National Alliance and Acardstana Alliance meetings to solve the problem of coalition requests Alcardstaneva budget but the two sides failed to reach an agreement.

Relate to the differences on the benefits of foreign oil companies operating in Kurdistan.  LINK

DARBSALAD:  The parliamentary members need to move now and replace Maliki before things get out of hand in the country.  There is a story where protestors broke into an oil field in West Qurna.  This current climate is the best opportunity for them to make a move on Maliki.  Important Shia clerics will no longer see Maliki.  It is time for parliament to develop a backbone..

TLAR:  The thing that stands out to me is not the bickering but the steadfastness of the blocks that are all still working hard to see the conclusion of the budget along with Nujaif, the POP.  We all know Iraq takes a long time to accomplish anything because of the 3 sects.  

This particular problem though is mystifying to me.  They are close on this budget.  If the central government will just do as they promised to do a month ago and fund the oil companies operating in Kurdistan, I believe we will see the conclusion to the budget immediately.  

I may be over simplifying the problem but a month ago the government agreed after weeks of negotiation to fund these companies and to honor the oil contracts that were signed by Kurdistan and were already in place.  

In return Kurdistan would ship their oil once again through the government and would agree not to build its own gas and oil pipelines through Turkey and Iran.  

This was supposed to be done already.  Now we find that the government has not paid the companies working in Kurdistan and that this has become a major sticking point for Kurdistan.  Kurdistan says now that they will not vote to approve the budget without the government paying these vendors.  

The government was supposed to send $650 million to pay these vendors weeks ago.  Shahristani has to be the principle person responsible, as he head the Oil Ministry.  Shahristani we know is Maliki's right hand man and takes his marching orders from Maliki.  

Therefore it must assumed he is not acting on his own and that Maliki is the one continuing to create this problem having not paid these companies.  The big question is why?  The government in Baghdad will receive none of the revenues until they do and they had already agreed to do it.  

Also the government is deathly afraid that if Kurds build pipelines, Kurdistan will be able to ship their oil without going through the pipelines run by the government.  Baghdad has everything to loose and nothing to gain by playing this game.  So my question is what is Shahristani/Maliki's goal in all this?  Other than more chaos, what do the expect to accomplish?  What am I missing here?  Anyone?    

DARBSALAD:  Tlar, I concur with your analysis.  I do not understand why the opposition will not remove Maliki and his cronies.  The opposition leaders hold an extremely strong position at the moment.  Maliki recently lost twenty-four party members and the most influential Shia clerical leaders will no longer receive him.  A majority of the population is demanding his removal.  

Are the opposition leaders waiting for the international community to rectify this problem?  They are playing a dangerous game with the demonstrators.  Unfortunately, the population of Iraqi is patient to a fault.

GAINSMORE:  Tlar: Just speculation- maybe the money is NOT THERE>>> gone, as in some account churning out interest for some 'soverign' entity... lets hope not.

KAPERONI:  Tlar, Kirk Sowell will be on our next CC, you might want to listen.  He has those answers.

BLUEYESLEVIS:  Kurds insist on 4.2 billion for the oil Companies... deal is this is critical to the Erbil Agreement. Parts of the Erbil agreement are in the budget.. ( HCL - 140) Barzani is in control of the oil and the money. Barzani has been collecting the money and giving Baghdad their share, lately. 

They are argueng over allocation and percentages of what Barzani must pay Baghdad. Maliki knows that this budget could well deliver the disputed lands to the Kurds. It's all about the Erbil. Paying the Oil Companies full share would be Maliki acknowledging the Kurds control of the oil and disputed lands of 140.

Kurdistan has the protection of the US and the UN. It is very well developed.. they are ready.They have agriculture and are prepared for tourism.The city of Erbil has been continuously occupied for over 4,000 years..... Erbil itself is a draw. They have been busy developing their infrastructure. 

The Tigress and Euphrates are the only rivers in the Middle East. The Kurds know what the end game is. Maliki has lost already.. but he doesn't know it yet. His resistance to admiting it by givng an inch in this budget argument just shows who he is. Maliki will force the opposition to man up and wrangle him one way or another. This aint gonna end up good for Maliki no matter how they skin this cat.

JULIE:  Does this have anything to do with al-Esawi's resignation?

TLAR:  Kap, I will listen.  Please ask him this.  What is to be gained by Baghdad continuing to not pay the companies in Kurdistan?  I can think of lot of reasons why they should pay but cannot think of one reason that is of an advantage to Bagdad to not juice this system and get the engine running again.  Baghdad and Kurdistan are both loosing big bucks while this dispute goes on.

BLUEYESINLEVIS:  Paying the Oil Companies full share would be Maliki acknowledging the Kurds control of the oil and disputed lands of 140.  It is not about what he has to gain.. it is about what Maliki is unwilling to lose.

MAXGIRL:  I take it that this is a critical step to moving the currency to float/rv? Sorry if this is the stupidest question you've heard...
  • Upvote 3

Actually this just confirms the Kurds are in charge and will be a driving force when it comes to prospering the country. Kurds want to get paid and have something in writing inside the budget and wont take any less i can say i dont blame them one bit they have been oppressed far too long even when Saddam was in power time to wise up Maliki because you wont get anywhere without the kurds.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

Well if something don't get done soon, the people's revolt will not end good for Maliki. I am sure there are plans in place to take him out if it doesn't go their way. Surprised it hasn't happened already. If they would just give the Kurds what is rightfully theirs rather than Maliki being a Big Boar Hog of ALL the money in the country, they would fair a bit better. All he is doing is funding the terrorists in Iran and fueling their nuclear interests. That needs to go or the USA will move in and take him out. For the SAFETY OF THE PEOPLE AND THEIR BRIGHT FUTURE, THEY NEED TO DEAL WITH MALIKI....ASAP.......GO GOI  >>>>  GIT 'ER DONE......THERE'S YOUR SIGN  !!!!!!!!!!!