Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WHY DID WE GO INTO IRAQ

Maggie123

Because of an alleged assassination plot against Bush, Sr.

"Hatred in the wake of the Gulf War is not unique. For instance, Wasli el-Ghazali, most assuredly hated Bush and America. Ghazali was convicted back in 1994 for his role in a plot to murder George Bush the Elder during a visit to Kuwait. "Every Arab child is worth all of America," Ghazali told Robert Fisk of the Independent. "I am an Iraqi citizen. Bush killed 16 members of my family."

In response to the failed–and some would say bogus–plot to kill Bush, Clinton fired 23 Tomahawk missiles into Baghdad on June 26, 1993 (more than a year before the conviction of Ghazali and his co-conspirators). Seven of these "precision guided" missiles missed their target (or did they?) and hit civilian housing, killing eight people, including the renowned artist Leila al-Attar. Clinton later told the American people they could "feel good" about the attack."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, there's no doubt that Saddam was a bad guy. But, before we decide to save the world, we need to take a lot of time figuring out if the pain is worth the gain. Even if our motives had been pure, a lot of innocent people have died.

YUP dry.gif I feel sorry that I did not speak up during that time... we both know the "motives" were NOT pure.

Shame on me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

in 1998 clinton signed "THE IRAQI LIBERATION ACT" into law ..

next ..

saddam tried to create a diversion ...he hired alikeda ...

al kieda got billions of covert dollars for 911 .. in order to take saddam off the minds of america ..

saddams plan back fired .. we still had a two front war in the middle east .... there is no documentation of the events .. they were covert ..the coalition forces couldnt go to city hall and pull out the supporting documentation to prove it . but the united states knows there was a ...al kieda .. iraqi .. relationship ...thats why clinton bombed the asburn factory in sudan .. claiming a bio logical weapons connection ..with iraqi intelligence and alkieda .. ..

there is no one answer to liberation of iraq from saddam .. it was alot of things over alot of years that led up to enforcing "the iraqi liberationact of 1998" .. mainly saddam not living up to the cease fire agreement ,, he agreed to after his surrender in the first gulf war .. desert storm ... .. sanctions were not working ,, the oil for food money was supposed to be used for humanitarian reasons ,, but saddam kept that money for himself ,,buildingpalaces for himself as hundreds of thousands of iraqi children were dying .. ..

the united nations set up oil for food program .. iraq was allowed to sell 2 billion of oil per month .. thats it .. and that money was to be used for humanitarin reasons ..

saddam was violating the oil for food program .. he violated 18 united nations resolutions .. then came un resolution 1441 that called for the use of force to make saddam resole the issues ..

eventually 911 happened as saddam had planned ..

he figured the us would be tied up for years in afganistan .... well we did go into afganistan .. bush warned all nations .... "do not give these terrorists safe heavon as they run away from afganistan .. he said do not let them into your country ..

most countrys were co operating with this .. but saddam flipped his nose at the united states and the world community again ..there were reports from iraq that al kieda was in northern iraq setting up training camps ,, saddam refused to co operate .. .. everything all together , over 13 years led the united states into iraq .. not one thing ..

you should read .."joint resolution 114 ".. it is the actual resolution .. the joint congress.. house and senate ,, came up with voted on and passed .. and sent to the president .. its not what the president sent to congress ,, but what they sent him..

bush told the american public .. he was not worried about saddam launching an attack on america . he said " he was worried about one small canister .. one vial .. of chemical or biological weapons " that could be smuggled into the united states .. and detonated in the form of a suit case bomb ....

saddam had plenty of chances to cooperate .... even at the very end before the invasion .. they gave saddam a choice ..to leave iraq or face an invasion .. saddam thimbed his nose .. ran away and hid in a spider hole ..while alkieda fought the troops with suit case bombs .. ied explosives .. suicide .... in the end many people died because of saddams greed for power over his citizens as their dictator

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ha Ha... What A Hoot!

Promise not to give a reply to every post... just couldn't help myself this time.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

i cant help it you buy into the enemys propaganda during wars .. .. you dont want the truth .. twelve years later your still asking what happened .. its obvious you were not paying attention from the beginning .. in 1990 .. you must not of even been born at the time and some moron educated you to the lies that surrounded the truth .. you bought into the lies.. enjoy your misinformation campaign . you should bank on it and see how far you get .. go write a non fiction book .. and base it on your facts . then if you dont get sued .. you were right

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i cant help it you buy into the enemys propaganda during wars .. .. you dont want the truth .. twelve years later your still asking what happened .. its obvious you were not paying attention from the beginning .. in 1990 .. you must not of even been born at the time and some moron educated you to the lies that surrounded the truth .. you bought into the lies.. enjoy your misinformation campaign . you should bank on it and see how far you get .. go write a non fiction book .. and base it on your facts . then if you dont get sued .. you were right

Ban me if you must... ALL I CAN SAY IS... IDIOT!!!

We Were LIED TO!!! Nothing BUT Lies!!! Very Much Like NOW!

Hugs, Maggie

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Ban me if you must... ALL I CAN SAY IS... IDIOT!!!

We Were LIED TO!!! Nothing BUT Lies!!! Very Much Like NOW!

Hugs, Maggie

oh i couldnt agree more .. you were definatly lied to there will always be propaganda against the united states .. all i can recomend is you should be a bit more careful in the future

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

oh i couldnt agree more .. you were definatly lied to there will always be propaganda against the united states .. all i can recomend is you should be a bit more careful in the future

Oh By All Means... Don't Lop Tell ME WHY The Powers That Be (whom I trusted) Lied So Bad.

All I can recomend to you is the same.

I have wised up... THE SAME STUPID LIES... won't work on me this time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just wondering...

I think it was because Suddam was wanting to switch from Pretro Dollars... to... ???

Kind of like what is happening with Iran... Forced by sanctions.

Maggie for once I agree with you. As if I'm sure you care.

Hmmm....And what makes you think that YOU weren't lied to as well? programed from the day YOU first picked up the remote control.... :lol::lol:

• Upvote 2

The reason for the war in Iraq:

1. Iraq's strategic position in the Middle East.

2. OIL. If the region falls into the hands of tyrants (aka. Saddam, Ahmadinejad, Bashar al Assad,etc.) the region would become open for the enemies of the USA.

The excuse used for the incursion:

1. WMD

2. Assassination attempt.

• Upvote 5

Hmmm....And what makes you think that YOU weren't lied to as well? programed from the day YOU first picked up the remote control.... :lol:/> :lol:/>

ah ha ha ha . pig pig . the guy whos sources are conspiracy web sites ..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just wondering...

I think it was because Suddam was wanting to switch from Pretro Dollars... to... ???

Kind of like what is happening with Iran... Forced by sanctions.

LOL there were definately many reasons.....the one you stated surely was part of it but we all know there is more....

• Upvote 2

LOL there were definately many reasons.....the one you stated surely was part of it but we all know there is more....

Would that be... OIL??? Just Stupid POWER Mongering???

I believe Bushy Jr. was a puppet... this was someone elses idea way before he was put in place.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

• Upvote 1

Yep +1 Keep that was definitly one reason. Another one was saddam himself. You can`t just kill and rape that many people and it go unnoticed. Then there`s the oil and daddys unfinished bussiness. All kinds of reasons some right some wrong. What the point of this post is though is almost as vauge as the reasons its asking for.

Your Right Again Dog smile.gif The point of this post was vague.

I posed the question for two reasons...

1) We always seem to skirt around this question.

2) This is so simular with Iran.

I was mostly curious to see if the same reasons that we were told in 2003 were still acceptable.

• Upvote 1

Your Right Again Dog smile.gif The point of this post was vague.

I posed the question for two reasons...

1) We always seem to skirt around this question.

2) This is so simular with Iran.

I was mostly curious to see if the same reasons that we were told in 2003 were still acceptable.

If you do think there will be a war with Iran, what do you think the "real reason" for the war will be? There has to be some reason, right?

-