Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Villager Slashes 22 kids with Knife

krome2ez

So much for gun control....

Villager slashes 22 kids with knife

at elementary school gates in China

By NBC News wire reports

BEIJING -- A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on children in the country.

The man attacked the children at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province, the Xinhua news agency reported.

Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said. It did not give further details of the extent of the injuries.

Ax-wielding man kills 3 kids, wounds 13 in China

There have been a series of attacks on schools and children around China in recent years.

Some were carried out by people who have lost their jobs or felt left out of the country's economic boom.

Read more on China from NBC's Behind the Wall

The rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect the young in a country where many couples only have one child.

There was a particular string of knife attacks against schoolchildren across the country in early 2010 that killed nearly 20 and wounded more than 50.

In one incident that year, a man slashed 28 children, two teachers and a security guard in a kindergarten in eastern China.

Reuters and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/14/15901085-villager-slashes-22-kids-with-knife-at-elementary-school-gates-in-china?lite

Do you think they are going to take away our hammers too?

They just might.

Tampa man killed in hammer attack in Seffner

Posted: Dec 15, 2012 9:10 PM EST

Updated: Dec 15, 2012 9:12 PM EST

20354782_BG1.jpg

Brooks, 26, is facing one count of second-degree murder. He beat his victim to death with a hammer.

SEFFNER (FOX 13) - An argument between two Hillsborough County men turned deadly Saturday afternoon in Seffner.

It ended with one man dead and another behind bars following a nearly three-hour standoff with the Hillsborough County Sheriff Office's SWAT team.

Jarrett Kyle Brooks is being held without bond on one count of second-degree murder.

The suspect's weapon of choice was a hammer.

According to a HCSO report deputies were dispatched to 6427 Black Dairy Rd. in response to a disturbance call. Jonathan Acree, a 48-year-old Tampa man, was standing in the front yard talking to a friend when Brooks struck him from behind with the hammer.

He was transported to Brandon Hospital where he later died. By the time deputies arrived the suspect had retreated back inside his residence, Unit 9.

Investigators say Brooks barricaded himself inside and refused to come out. The SWAT Team and Crisis Negotiators were called to the scene and attempted to reach the suspect and have him come out.

Brooks failed to respond to their multiple requests.

At approximately 4:30 deputies fired chemical agents into Brooks' home. Within several minutes he was outside and in custody.

He was the only person in the trailer.

Detectives are still trying to determine a motive for the vicious assault.

Both men have prior brushes with law enforcement. Acree was a registered sex offender according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's database.

Nobody else was injured during the incident. About 100 nearby residents were temporarily evacuated but were later allowed to return to their homes.

Additional charges may be filed as the investigation continues.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/20354782/tampa-man-killed-in-hammer-attack-in-seffner

The difference between this incident in China and the one in Newtown is that in China the people were injured not killed. No one wants to be attacked and in a world this populated there will always be a crazy ready to do it. I bet if this guy had guns the problem would have been worse than 22 injured.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This article prooves that if this crazy guy could get his hand on a gun it would've been 22 deaths if not much more than that, so gun lovers debunk this article, but I'm pretty sure I'll hear a million excuses.

Yeah, I see this article as having weight against guns. It's laughable that it could be followed with "BAN KNIVES BAN HAMMERS" type responses.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't understand how you can arrive at this. I see a totally different picture when this article is posted. Yes, the crazies will always be present in a world like ours but this dude injured 22 people, he did not kill 22 people.

Are we reading the same article?

Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said. It did not give further details of the extent of the injuries.

There was a particular string of knife attacks against schoolchildren across the country in early 2010 that killed nearly 20 and wounded more than 50.

Yeah, I see this article as having weight against guns. It's laughable that it could be followed with "BAN KNIVES BAN HAMMERS" type responses.

Guns don't kill people . . . . PEOPLE kill People !!!!

A weapon is a weapon . . Hammer , Knife, Axe, Tire Iron, Baseball bat, oh there ya go . . . . . Ban Baseball Bats TOOO !!!!!!!

It's the demonized person that uses it that is dangerous !!!!! WAKE UP !!!!!!

• Upvote 3

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html

Says wounded here. Even in critical condition it is suggested there's a chance at survival. 26 were dead in Newtown with absolutely no chance of survival. How do you not see the difference here?

For the record, I'm not necessarily for a gun ban either. I'm just comparing two stories and coming up with what I think is a natural conclusion that one dude didn't have guns and was unable to immediately kill a bunch of people.

Edited by Lostenso

The problem is that gun lovers will find any excuse to proove that we need guns, if look up at the post of Timothy McVeigh is a perfect example, just ask them how many people die of gun shots in this country and how many die of bomb explosions a year ? It only prooves my point more and more that we don't need this many guns out there.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The Bath House Massacre: The Worst Incident of School Violence in American History

schoola.jpg

Andrew Kehoe, a farmer who served as treasurer of the local school board, was furious with new taxes levied to pay for the then 5-year-old school. Kehoe was described by those who knew him as "a surly and disliked character." He openly opposed the creation of the consolidated school in 1924, believing it would create a heavy tax burden.

For much of the spring in 1927, Kehoe strung wires and hid dynamite in the basement of the 250-student school about 10 miles northeast of Lansing. He was sble to do this because school administrators thought Kehoe, known for his penny-pinching ways, was doing odd jobs to save the school the expense of hiring an electrician. Obviously that thought would return to haunt them.

Kehoe, not the most together person in the world, was pushed over the edge when the mortgage on his farm was foreclosed. It seems that by wiring up the school he was punishing Bath's citizens. In particular the one's that had voted for the new tax, a tax that he believed had left him with not enough money to keep paying the mortgage of his farm.

So, A few minutes before 9:45 on May 18, 1927, apparently a sunny May morning, Kehoe entered the school. Most students were inside, finishing up exams the day before school was to recess for the summer. It would seem he set a timing device for his 'gift' to the townsfolk of Bath.

When Kehoe left, he was almost running. Two minutes after he drove away, the north wing of the school exploded. A malfunction kept more than 500 pounds of dynamite in the rest of the school from detonating, but what did go off tore through glass, wood and bricks, leveling the south wing. One can only imagine what would have happened if the whole lot had blown. If only he had double checked all his wiring.

As parents and residents rushed toward the blast, Kehoe drove back into the school yard. He motioned school Superintendent Emory Huyck, a man he despised more than any other, over to his car, spoke to him briefly, then aimed a shot from his gun into the back seat, setting off more dynamite.

By the time the roar from the two explosions faded, 38 children, the town's postmaster, a retired farmer, the superintendent, two teachers and Kehoe himself were dead.

The next morning, the body of Kehoe's wife was found at his farm. He had apparently killed her the morning of the blast. His house and six outbuildings on his farm had burned, set afire by explosions he'd programmed to go off after he left for the school.

Today, a granite stone with the engraved names of the victims rests next to a green plaque that tells the story of the explosion. The park with the markers is on the site of the old school. Also in this park is the cupola that once sat atop the Bath Consolidated School, its red roof topped with a small spire.

Across the street are the schools built since the blast. Newspaper accounts of the explosion are displayed near the middle school auditorium.

Link: http://murderpedia.org/male.K/k/kehoe-andrew.htm

Victims

Arnold Victor Bauerle, 8

Henry Bergan, 14

Herman Bergan, 12

Bromundt, Emilie Marian, 11

Robert F. Bromundt, 12

Russell J. Chapman, 8

Guy Cleo Clayton, 8

Forest Robert “Bobby” Cochran, 8

Ralph Albert Cushman, 8

Earl Edwin Ewing, 11

Katherine Onalee Foote, 10

Marjorie Fritz, 9

Carlyle Walter Geisenhaver, 9

Beatrice P. Gibbs, 10

George P. Hall, Jr., 9

Willa Marie Hall, 12

Iola Irene Hart, 12

Percy Eugene Hart, 11

Vivian Oletta Hart, 6

Blanche Elizabeth Buehler Harte 30

Galen Lyle Harte, 12

LaVere Robert Harte, 9

Stanley Horace Harte, 12

Francis Otto Hoeppner, 13

Cecial Lorn Hunter 13

Emory Eli Huyck, 30

Doris Elaine Johns, 8

Ellen Agnes “Nellie” Price, 52

Thelma Irene MacDonald, 8

Clarence Wendell McFarren, 13

Nelson McFarren, 75

James Emerson “Jay” Medcoff, 8

Emma Amelia Nickols, 12

Richard Dibble Richards, 12

Elsie Mildred Robb, 12

Pauline Mae Shirts, 11 (would have turned 12 the next day)

Glenn O. Smith, 33 (it was his birthday)

Hazel Iva Weatherby, 21

Elizabeth Jane Witchel, 10

Harold LeMoyne Woodman, 9

George Orval Zimmerman, 10

Lloyd Zimmerman, 12

On May 18, 1927, the worst school violence in American history (to date) occurred. Andrew Kehoe, an angry farmer whose farm was foreclosed due to taxes not paid, blew up the new school that taxes paid for. There were 45 innocent people killed and 58 people wounded, most of which were children. This also includes Andrew Kehoe’s wife who was killed probably the day before and also Andrew Kehoe himself. Kehoe left a sign at his farm that read: “criminals are made, not born”

Link: http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2007/05/18/this-day-in-history-bath-school-massacre-1927-bath-mi/

• Upvote 2

The Bath House Massacre: The Worst Incident of School Violence in American History

schoola.jpg

Andrew Kehoe, a farmer who served as treasurer of the local school board, was furious with new taxes levied to pay for the then 5-year-old school. Kehoe was described by those who knew him as "a surly and disliked character." He openly opposed the creation of the consolidated school in 1924, believing it would create a heavy tax burden.

For much of the spring in 1927, Kehoe strung wires and hid dynamite in the basement of the 250-student school about 10 miles northeast of Lansing. He was sble to do this because school administrators thought Kehoe, known for his penny-pinching ways, was doing odd jobs to save the school the expense of hiring an electrician. Obviously that thought would return to haunt them.

Kehoe, not the most together person in the world, was pushed over the edge when the mortgage on his farm was foreclosed. It seems that by wiring up the school he was punishing Bath's citizens. In particular the one's that had voted for the new tax, a tax that he believed had left him with not enough money to keep paying the mortgage of his farm.

So, A few minutes before 9:45 on May 18, 1927, apparently a sunny May morning, Kehoe entered the school. Most students were inside, finishing up exams the day before school was to recess for the summer. It would seem he set a timing device for his 'gift' to the townsfolk of Bath.

When Kehoe left, he was almost running. Two minutes after he drove away, the north wing of the school exploded. A malfunction kept more than 500 pounds of dynamite in the rest of the school from detonating, but what did go off tore through glass, wood and bricks, leveling the south wing. One can only imagine what would have happened if the whole lot had blown. If only he had double checked all his wiring.

As parents and residents rushed toward the blast, Kehoe drove back into the school yard. He motioned school Superintendent Emory Huyck, a man he despised more than any other, over to his car, spoke to him briefly, then aimed a shot from his gun into the back seat, setting off more dynamite.

By the time the roar from the two explosions faded, 38 children, the town's postmaster, a retired farmer, the superintendent, two teachers and Kehoe himself were dead.

The next morning, the body of Kehoe's wife was found at his farm. He had apparently killed her the morning of the blast. His house and six outbuildings on his farm had burned, set afire by explosions he'd programmed to go off after he left for the school.

Today, a granite stone with the engraved names of the victims rests next to a green plaque that tells the story of the explosion. The park with the markers is on the site of the old school. Also in this park is the cupola that once sat atop the Bath Consolidated School, its red roof topped with a small spire.

Across the street are the schools built since the blast. Newspaper accounts of the explosion are displayed near the middle school auditorium.

Link: http://murderpedia.o...ehoe-andrew.htm

Victims

Arnold Victor Bauerle, 8

Henry Bergan, 14

Herman Bergan, 12

Bromundt, Emilie Marian, 11

Robert F. Bromundt, 12

Russell J. Chapman, 8

Guy Cleo Clayton, 8

Forest Robert “Bobby” Cochran, 8

Ralph Albert Cushman, 8

Earl Edwin Ewing, 11

Katherine Onalee Foote, 10

Marjorie Fritz, 9

Carlyle Walter Geisenhaver, 9

Beatrice P. Gibbs, 10

George P. Hall, Jr., 9

Willa Marie Hall, 12

Iola Irene Hart, 12

Percy Eugene Hart, 11

Vivian Oletta Hart, 6

Blanche Elizabeth Buehler Harte 30

Galen Lyle Harte, 12

LaVere Robert Harte, 9

Stanley Horace Harte, 12

Francis Otto Hoeppner, 13

Cecial Lorn Hunter 13

Emory Eli Huyck, 30

Doris Elaine Johns, 8

Ellen Agnes “Nellie” Price, 52

Thelma Irene MacDonald, 8

Clarence Wendell McFarren, 13

Nelson McFarren, 75

James Emerson “Jay” Medcoff, 8

Emma Amelia Nickols, 12

Richard Dibble Richards, 12

Elsie Mildred Robb, 12

Pauline Mae Shirts, 11 (would have turned 12 the next day)

Glenn O. Smith, 33 (it was his birthday)

Hazel Iva Weatherby, 21

Elizabeth Jane Witchel, 10

Harold LeMoyne Woodman, 9

George Orval Zimmerman, 10

Lloyd Zimmerman, 12

On May 18, 1927, the worst school violence in American history (to date) occurred. Andrew Kehoe, an angry farmer whose farm was foreclosed due to taxes not paid, blew up the new school that taxes paid for. There were 45 innocent people killed and 58 people wounded, most of which were children. This also includes Andrew Kehoe’s wife who was killed probably the day before and also Andrew Kehoe himself. Kehoe left a sign at his farm that read: “criminals are made, not born”

Link: http://mylifeofcrime...e-1927-bath-mi/

WOW, you had to go back to 1924 to find another excuse that people can kill without having a gun, now show me how many more explosions have happened since 1924, and then look back just the last five years and tell me how many have died of gun shots.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

TonyDownTheShore:

"The problem is that gun lovers will find any excuse to proove that we need guns, if look up at the post of Timothy McVeigh is a perfect example, just ask them how many people die of gun shots in this country and how many die of bomb explosions a year ?"

You are making my point for me. The point is evil people will do violence whether they have guns or bombs. Thinking that taking away guns is going to stop massacres is very short sighted, as if taking away guns will somehow cleanse our society of evil.

"It only prooves my point more and more that we don't need this many guns out there."

It does.... how so? So let's say this young fellows Mother only purchased 1 pistol legally, rather than several. So he steals her one pistol, kills her with it, and then walks into a school and kills 15 more folks, mostly women and children.

In other words, how would limiting the amount of guns one can legally obtain STOP a massacre from occurring?

I think the real question is how can we stop these massacres from occurring at schools? I think the solution is that it should be school policy to either have an on-duty police officer on campus at all times (we had this at my high school in California and we had no incidents) or, there should be at least 1 teacher, but preferably more, who is trained and carries a pistol at all times during normal operating school hours. I guarantee you this would dramatically decrease not only the amount of occurrences but also the total damage inflicted would be much less if something were to happen. Not to mention it would be a teachable moment to children about how to responsibly handle and respect firearms.

I can't necessarily speak for all gun owners out there but the issue of gun control is a very serious issue, indeed. The #1 reason to own guns is to protect against government tyrrany, period. Self-defense is also a great reason but sort of falls in line with reason #1, protection of individual liberties.

Now why do gun owners need to have so many guns or why do they need to have "assault" weapons? Well, I guess a main reason is freedom. Why do some people need to have so many cars? The question is what difference does it make? If someone is a gun enthusiast, and there are TENS of MILLIONS of law abiding Americans that are (who have never committed a crime with said guns, by the way), why do they not have the freedom to enjoy their hobby in a responsible manner, just like everyone else is?

Again, the real issue here should not be about limiting guns. This point of view is largely due to gross mis-education in America today (like getting rid of the Electoral College system) and leads down a dangerous path.

WOW, you had to go back to 1924 to find another excuse that people can kill without having a gun, now show me how many more explosions have happened since 1924, and then look back just the last five years and tell me how many have died of gun shots.

While it is true that you have found an interesting tree, look up, there's a whole forest out there!

WW.

• Upvote 1

On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al-Qaeda hijacked four airliners and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. Two of the planes were flown into the towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Often referred to as 9/11, the attacks resulted in extensive death and destruction, triggering major U.S. initiatives to combat terrorism and defining the presidency of George W. Bush. Over 3,000 people were killed during the attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C., including more than 400 police officers and firefighters.

BAN AIRPLANES.

if they hadn't have had those box cutters, this wouldn't have happened?

BAN BOX CUTTERS

• Upvote 1

On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al-Qaeda hijacked four airliners and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. Two of the planes were flown into the towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Often referred to as 9/11, the attacks resulted in extensive death and destruction, triggering major U.S. initiatives to combat terrorism and defining the presidency of George W. Bush. Over 3,000 people were killed during the attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C., including more than 400 police officers and firefighters.

BAN AIRPLANES.

if they hadn't have had those box cutters, this wouldn't have happened?

BAN BOX CUTTERS

This is why you are felt up at the airport. ohmy.gif

GO RV, then BV

It does.... how so? So let's say this young fellows Mother only purchased 1 pistol legally, rather than several. So he steals her one pistol, kills her with it, and then walks into a school and kills 15 more folks, mostly women and children.

In other words, how would limiting the amount of guns one can legally obtain STOP a massacre from occurring?

One way is that if you have guns you must have a safe and all other safety measures that comes with it, I know people that leaves gun unlocked around the house where anybody can get them, in other words if you can't proove that you have all safety required you can't have a gun, exemple, an inspector that comes to your house and aprooves and gives you a permit for you to buy gun. I know this would take a long time to do but a few years down the road we would be much safer.

• Downvote 1