Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saving a Whale

divemaster5734

Cool post Dive. I'm all about the preservation of aquatic species. I'm rather fond of Manatees, Dolphins and Whales.

As a diver, I believe that Sharks have been given a bad wrap. Sharks are not as aggressive as the media purports. Sharks don't hunt human flesh. They seek a food source. Anytime we enter open water we are subject to their domain. That's the risk that we take.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Cool post Dive. I'm all about the preservation of aquatic species. I'm rather fond of Manatees, Dolphins and Whales.

As a diver, I believe that Sharks have been given a bad wrap. Sharks are not as aggressive as the media purports. Sharks don't hunt human flesh. They seek a food source. Anytime we enter open water we are subject to their domain. That's the risk that we take.

Exactly.

As divers we fully understand we are only temporary visitors to another universe. It's a whole new set of natural laws related to the environment where even gravity is only relative.

Swimmers and boaters, by being on the water, are also accepting that they may be subject to that different reality.

The problem is man is the alpha predator in our natural environment, and doesn't accept being several notches down on the food chain when enjoying open water.

It is this arrogance, contempt and ignorance, that gets people in trouble.

Just because water based mammals don't have vocal chords does not mean they are not intelligent creatures capable of experiencing emotions in the same context as humans do.

• Upvote 2

Exactly.

As divers we fully understand we are only temporary visitors to another universe. It's a whole new set of natural laws related to the environment where even gravity is only relative.

Swimmers and boaters, by being on the water, are also accepting that they may be subject to that different reality.

The problem is man is the alpha predator in our natural environment, and doesn't accept being several notches down on the food chain when enjoying open water.

It is this arrogance, contempt and ignorance, that gets people in trouble.

Just because water based mammals don't have vocal chords does not mean they are not intelligent creatures capable of experiencing emotions in the same context as humans do.

Water based creatures have a way of communicating as you identified in your clip. They have a special language and use sonar amongst various spices. Diving is a great sport. Viewing marine life and coral formations is quite an experience.

Get PADI certified and jump in. I'm glad that I did. :D

Cool creatures............definitely

67156_481226825232867_1207045765_n.jpg

407981_313119482043603_1080559467_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

when we are in the water we are guests have you ever snorkeled in a clear lake in minnesota it is very cool!!

All the time and I love it here, well summers anyways! :D Lake 6 & 7 in Becker county, the Crosby mine pits, Bad Medicine lake all awesome clear water for diving and snorkeling my kids and I go all the time.

Great post Dive, I've never been a fan of the banana hammock type swimsuits either! :lmao: :lmao:

Not usually aggressive but you don't want to push your luck diving at night or in low viz water, just plain very bad news!! Most shark attacks are a cause of mistaken identity, the problem is that that mistake can take your limbs off, kinda like an 800 lb Siberian tiger getting playful, smack, OWWWEEEE!!! :lol:

Edited by DiveDeepSix

That was a very heart warming and cool post Dive. I honestly don't know how you could just walk away from that.... good for them they didn't. wink.gif

I just posted some pictures of some other aquatic life on Mack's thread... and I have to admit I wouldn't feel so comfortable around myself... unless I was behind bars of course!!! rolleyes.gif

406518.jpg