Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

You will love this one. I loved it then,

Francie26

I've been down my own personal memory lane today, in part, a very happy time, and this song is one my special high school girlfriends (Class of '54) and I enjoyed many years later when we had a chance for all four of us to be together again. This song had just come out at that time. I don't usually listen to much music of this genré, but it flushed out so many great memories for all of us that we spent an entire evening together listening to this song, laughing and crying and telling our stories to each other, and then we laughed again--as it happens for the last time we would all be together.

By now, this song is old, but it's well worth hearing, especially since, in its own unique way, it speaks for an entire generation of special women who stepped across a wide chasm from an age when the only life women were allowed was to stay home, answer to fathers or husbands, clean house, and have children, into another age when women stepped into the world and took their own rightful place. Younger women will never know the hardships many women of my generation endured to bring that gift to them. But then does any generation ever truly appreciate the sacrifices of the one just prior to their own, even when those sacrifices open doors and create new options for them? I think most of us take for granted any sacrifices our parents may have made in their own efforts to change our culture for the better. But that's a sermon for another day. :lol::D:P:)

At any rate, enjoy this music. Since it is happy music, I think you will.

• Upvote 3

Great video my friend, sorry I'm out of pluses for the day will catch ya with one later.

Being born in 72, I love the music of the 50's & 60's, hate the 70's, loved the 80's some 90's. Most of the stuff today I will listen to, unfortunately most of it has lost any meaning or semblance of a story like the old songs did. The old videos were cool, the new ones seem to have morphed to a bunch of gangbangers hating on peeps and being derogatory towards women. Something unheard of from the old school. Surprisingly even though my kids like 50 cent, the Biebs, and such I can still force them to listen to anything from the Beach Boys to AC/DC to Bon Jovi and the gang and they enjoy it. LOL :D

Edited by DiveDeepSix

Thanks Francie...loved the video and the song...ahhhhh....memories...I go a little bit further back than the 80's but they were a good time...a different life...funny I should see this now...my husband was just playing a few songs that took me back to the 60-70's...the timing fit perfectly...Thanks again... :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great video my friend, sorry I'm out of pluses for the day will catch ya with one later.

Being born in 72, I love the music of the 50's & 60's, hate the 70's, loved the 80's some 90's.

Ahhh DiveDeep, you are just a young pup...got a few on you (decades) :lol: I caught your plus for Francie