Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What Prejudices Could Be So Deep?

simple

Don't be naive here... read again because the country can't manage if one side is pulling back. Republicans denied Obama bi-partisan achievements then spent the next few years railing about broken promises.

Neither I nor the Republicans want to talk about Bush so shove it away!

To state that the republicans denied Obama any bipartisan achievements is disingenuous at best. Bipartisan achievement to a democrat is when a republican caves in and gives them everything they want! Bipartisan in its truest form requires both sides to have a say and compromise to be met! No one was allowed to read the healthcare bill prior to voting on it, the senate has not heard or considered any bills from the House in 2 years, heck the senate hasn't even been willing to produce a budget for the last 3 years!!!! Obama doesn't have any bipartisan achievements because he never sought them!!! Heck, he appoints a bipartisan debt commission and then totally dismissed everything they recommended!!! Please look at the facts and remove your blinders!!!

• Upvote 2

To state that the republicans denied Obama any bipartisan achievements is disingenuous at best. Bipartisan achievement to a democrat is when a republican caves in and gives them everything they want! Bipartisan in its truest form requires both sides to have a say and compromise to be met! No one was allowed to read the healthcare bill prior to voting on it, the senate has not heard or considered any bills from the House in 2 years, heck the senate hasn't even been willing to produce a budget for the last 3 years!!!! Obama doesn't have any bipartisan achievements because he never sought them!!! Heck, he appoints a bipartisan debt commission and then totally dismissed everything they recommended!!! Please look at the facts and remove your blinders!!!

Stone their actions aren't hidden:

President Obama had to first fight with elected officials before tackling the country’s issues. During President Obama’s administration, the republican Mitch McConnell, with a petty partisanship statement, swore to make President Obama a one-term president. McConnell went on to state this should be the priority of all republicans.

2010 MCCONNELL: We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day, “Those of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job.”

NATIONAL JOURNAL: What’s the job?

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

Well this is hardly the birth of a bipartisan relationship in which President Obama so naively campaigned. It could be argued that any president’s momentum would be belated with this obstruction in justice. Republicans disconcerted acknowledgement for the country’s prosperity from 2009 to 2013 boosted damaging division throughout. Since Obama’s inauguration, the GOP’s main goal was trying to make sure the president fails — even if the country fails right along with him. Everyone knows it takes a working congress for country perseverance. What did this do for the country? The proof is in the pudding, as they say – and reflected in this 4-year term.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

President Obama had to first fight with elected officials before tackling the country’s issues. During President Obama’s administration, the republican Mitch McConnell, with a petty partisanship statement, swore to make President Obama a one-term president. McConnell went on to state this should be the priority of all republicans.

2010 MCCONNELL: We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day, “Those of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job.”

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

Well this is hardly the birth of a bipartisan relationship in which President Obama so naively campaigned. It could be argued that any president’s momentum would be belated with this obstruction in justice. Republicans disconcerted acknowledgement for the country’s prosperity from 2009 to 2013 boosted damaging division throughout. Since Obama’s inauguration, the GOP’s main goal was trying to make sure the president fails — even if the country fails right along with him. Everyone knows it takes a working congress for country perseverance. What did this do for the country? The proof is in the pudding, as they say – and reflected in this 4-year term.

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 2

Of course Republicans wanted Obama to be a 1 term President the same way Pelosi and Reed wanted Bush to be a 1 term president. I do recall though Republican leadership sitting down with Obama during his first year to hash out healthcare reform. Obama did not give an inch!!!! Period!!! Healthcare legislation was shoved down the throats of republicans from day 1. Pelosi and Reed made sure that a vote took place prior to anybody even having time to read the bill they were voting on!!! The stage for the Presidents form of bipartisanship was set at that point!!! If someone asks me to come in and hash out a plan for something and then completely ignores anything I have to say and does what he wants to do anyway..... I'm not sitting down again!!!

Edited by stonewall67
  • Upvote 1

Not Even If It Means The Well Being Of Our Nation?

What if you truly believe that what is being planned is detrimental to the well being of our nation. What if you truly believe that throwing more debt onto the shoulders of your kids and grand kids is morally wrong! What if you looked across the ocean and saw these same policies enacted and you saw the end results (Greece, Spain, Italy). Wouldn't you be obligated to do what you KNEW was right for the "well being of our nation"??

• Upvote 4

Woodward Gets Scarborough to Apologize for Misreporting McConnell's 'Make Obama One-Term President' Remark

By Noel Sheppard | September 17, 2012 | 10:22

picture-26.jpgFor several years, the Obama-loving media have harped on Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) October 2010 remark, "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

On MSNBC's Morning Joe Monday, the Washington Post's Bob Woodward not only proved that the media have been misrepresenting this quote since it was made, host Joe Scarborough apologized to McConnell for being part of the echo chamber (video follows with transcript and commentary):

JOE SCARBOROUGH, HOST: And Bob, you talk about this. And you see it time and time again in your book where Republicans give ideas, and every idea is rejected outright. I want to focus, though, on a quote. And I’ve got to admit, just by reading press reports, I didn't know the other side of the Mitch McConnell quote. And I think I, at least, owe him an apology here on the air because we've repeated it a thousand times where Mitch McConnell says, my one priority, my top priority is preventing a second Obama term. But you actually pull out what nobody in the media pulls out, and that's the rest of Mitch McConnell’s statement. What is it?

BOB WOODWARD: And where McConnell says, I don't want Obama to fail, I want him to change. And I agree with you. I think that that's significant. Now, there is a brazenness to the first part of the quote, and as you know, Mitch McConnell is...

JOE SCARBOROUGH: He's tough.

BOB WOODWARD: He’s a hard ass on these subjects, to say the least.

Scarborough%20917.png

JOE SCARBOROUGH: But McConnell went on to say -- and it's just never been reported -- McConnell went on to say, but if he changes, I want to work with him, and basically that's the attitude of if the guy will meet us halfway -- and I see John Heilemann rolling his eyes around the set, but time and time and time again, republicans offered suggestions, and time and time and time again, the first two years, the president rejected them outright.

For those that have forgotten, McConnell first made these comments during an interview with the National Journal on October 23, 2010:

NATIONAL JOURNAL: You’ve been studying the history of presidents who lost part or all of Congress in their first term. Why?

SENATOR MITCH MCCONNELL (R-KENTUCKY): In the last 100 years, three presidents suffered big defeats in Congress in their first term and then won reelection: Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, and the most recent example, Bill Clinton. I read a lot of history anyway, but I am trying to apply those lessons to current situations in hopes of not making the same mistakes.

NJ: What have you learned?

McConnell: After 1994, the public had the impression we Republicans overpromised and underdelivered. We suffered from some degree of hubris and acted as if the president was irrelevant and we would roll over him. By the summer of 1995, he was already on the way to being reelected, and we were hanging on for our lives.

NJ: What does this mean now?

McConnell: We need to be honest with the public. This election is about them, not us. And we need to treat this election as the first step in retaking the government. We need to say to everyone on Election Day, “Those of you who helped make this a good day, you need to go out and help us finish the job.”

NJ: What’s the job?

McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

NJ: Does that mean endless, or at least frequent, confrontation with the president?

McConnell: If President Obama does a Clintonian backflip, if he’s willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues, it’s not inappropriate for us to do business with him.

NJ: What are the big issues?

McConnell: It is possible the president’s advisers will tell him he has to do something to get right with the public on his levels of spending and [on] lowering the national debt. If he were to heed that advice, he would, I image, [sic] find more support among our conference than he would among some in the Senate in his own party. I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him.

"I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him."

You didn't see that part of the interview included in the media's focus on it, did you?

Any question why that might be?

Maybe more importantly, now that Woodward has exposed the truth on this issue, will others in the media follow Scarborough's lead and apologize to McConnell for misreporting the quote?

Don't hold your breath.

-

• Upvote 2

What if you truly believe that what is being planned is detrimental to the well being of our nation. What if you truly believe that throwing more debt onto the shoulders of your kids and grand kids is morally wrong! What if you looked across the ocean and saw these same policies enacted and you saw the end results (Greece, Spain, Italy). Wouldn't you be obligated to do what you KNEW was right for the "well being of our nation"??

YES! I Am Doing The Best I Can.

It Is NOT Romney. Sorry...

May I Say "End The Fed".

What prejudices could be so deep that voters would choose a man that consistently distorts the truth time and time again? Funny thing is these voters/supporters lean toward a man that they have absolutely no idea what he will bring to the Whitehouse besides the obvious. He doesn’t have to agree with equal pay for women. He doesn’t have to be trustworthy. He doesn’t have to be Pro-Life. He doesn't have to save the jobs of the auto workers. Doesn't have to support the country with American banks. He doesn’t even have to create jobs out of the blue. What prejudices would elect a man of no substance? It’s just not time to turn back to the policies that ran America into a recession even well into another President’s term. Time to continue forward - but with a working congress.

My link

I would further argue that it also unfair to blame Romney for collecting women by the binderful, because that claim of his appears to be what Vice President Joe Biden would call "malarkey."

I know because I called up the Massachusetts Government Appointments Project on Wednesday. MassGAP is a nonpartisan women's organization devoted to increasing the numbers of women in high-level appointed positions in state government. It was formed under the leadership of the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus in 2002, the year Romney was elected governor.

Romney didn't go to that group for help in recruiting women. That group went to Romney, saying that it was unacceptable that only 30% of high-level appointees were women.

"Following the election, MassGAP formed committees for each cabinet post in the administration and began the process of recruiting, interviewing, and vetting women applicants," Marissa Szabo, the associate director of the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus, wrote in an email. "Those committees selected top applicants for each position and presented this information to the administration for follow-up interviews and consideration for appointment."

So when Romney said, "I brought us whole binders full of women," what he meant to say was that women's groups outside his control brought him whole binders full of women. And that he was merely the target of that effort, not the initiator.

And They're coming to take me away Ha Ha

They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha

to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats

and they're coming to take me away ha ha

• Upvote 2

And They're coming to take me away Ha Ha

They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha

to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats

and they're coming to take me away ha ha

It's Ok...

Rinse and Repeat...

Gonna Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair...

smile.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

YES! I Am Doing The Best I Can.

It Is NOT Romney. Sorry...

May I Say "End The Fed".

Well we agree there.... I was not a Romney supporter during the primaries but now, he is without a doubt the lessor of 2 evils. I believe that voting true conservative candidates into the house and senate is the real key! I believe giving the Paul's and the Rubio''s some fighting partners is the key. We need a group of men and women who will slash spending, cut taxes and make end roads into taking down the fed! We need a new Andrew Jackson who is not afraid to take down the privately owned federal bank and return America back to an asset based economy and currency! I KNOW Obama is not that guy! Printing more money, borrowing more money, and spending more money will make us look like Greece in a few short years! We can't afford 4 more years of Obama!!!!!

• Upvote 3

We need a group of men and women who will slash spending, cut taxes and make end roads into taking down the fed! We need a new Andrew Jackson who is not afraid to take down the privately owned federal bank and return America back to an asset based economy and currency!...

I KNOW Printing more money, borrowing more money, and spending more money will make us look like Greece in a few short years!

Stonewall...

I honestly don't think we have another 4 years.

Just think about It... 40 Billion A Month... Started Last Couple Of Months.

They Are Going To Ramp It UP To 80 Billion A Month In January.

Happy New Years!

I Do Not Want To Sound Cold... I Do Care.

Just Maggie

• Upvote 1

Now that's funny Markinsa!!! Good ole Bill. You know though, he got it. In spite of his love of interns, he did act in a bipartisan way on numerous issues and he did sign the legislation that the republicans presented to balance the budget! That's why I hoped Hillarious would have won the Democratic nomination 4 years ago, heck Bill was survivable......

Edited by stonewall67

Of course Republicans wanted Obama to be a 1 term President the same way Pelosi and Reed wanted Bush to be a 1 term president. I do recall though Republican leadership sitting down with Obama during his first year to hash out healthcare reform. Obama did not give an inch!!!! Period!!! Healthcare legislation was shoved down the throats of republicans from day 1. Pelosi and Reed made sure that a vote took place prior to anybody even having time to read the bill they were voting on!!! The stage for the Presidents form of bipartisanship was set at that point!!! If someone asks me to come in and hash out a plan for something and then completely ignores anything I have to say and does what he wants to do anyway..... I'm not sitting down again!!!

That's not an excuse Stone. First of all, they sat down in the first year because the Dems had the majority. They knew the Dems had enough votes to carry.

Riddle me this; when a man runs for change and try to impose change, resistance will be stronger than ever. Those guys call him crazy, he call it change. They got the republican population behind them by demonizing any and all movements of the President including the incite of birther stories. It may have worked to win over a great number of voters. They caused distractions with these stories as they ignored the country's welfare. You fell for it - That's SIMPLE Stone; That's fault.

That's not an excuse Stone. First of all, they sat down in the first year because the Dems had the majority. They knew the Dems had enough votes to carry.

Riddle me this; when a man runs for change and try to impose change, resistance will be stronger than ever. Those guys call him crazy, he call it change. They got the republican population behind them by demonizing any and all movements of the President including the incite of birther stories. It may have worked to win over a great number of voters. They caused distractions with these stories as they ignored the country's welfare. You fell for it - That's SIMPLE Stone; That's fault.

It's simple, Simple... you resist where and when you can, and fight for what you believe in. And, you don't compromise with thieves or criminals... whether or not at the point of a gun. Apply as needed... FOR the benefit of the country's welfare. :)

It's simple, Simple... you resist where and when you can, and fight for what you believe in. And, you don't compromise with thieves or criminals... whether or not at the point of a gun. Apply as needed... FOR the benefit of the country's welfare. smile.gif

Congress resisted a change in how it operates. EVERYBODY wanted and insisted a change in Congress was needed, including you. They call him partisan now, which that's all he had left, his party; republicans stopped all talks after 2010 election. Country halted and POTUS had to use some EOs. I stand by my message above:

...when a man runs for change and try to impose change, resistance will be stronger than ever. Those guys call him crazy, he call it change. They got the republican population behind them by demonizing any and all movements of the President including the incite of birther stories. It may have worked to win over a great number of voters. They caused distractions with these stories as they ignored the country's welfare. You fell for it - That's SIMPLE Stone; That's fault.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com...5#ixzz29qycmogG

Kind of an argument about which came first, the chicken or the egg. Follow the timeline and you see.

Woodward Gets Scarborough to Apologize for Misreporting McConnell's 'Make Obama One-Term President' Remark

By Noel Sheppard | September 17, 2012 | 10:22

McConnell: It is possible the president’s advisers will tell him he has to do something to get right with the public on his levels of spending and [on] lowering the national debt. If he were to heed that advice, he would, I image, [sic] find more support among our conference than he would among some in the Senate in his own party. I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him.

"I don’t want the president to fail; I want him to change. So, we’ll see. The next move is going to be up to him."

You didn't see that part of the interview included in the media's focus on it, did you?

Any question why that might be?

Maybe more importantly, now that Woodward has exposed the truth on this issue, will others in the media follow Scarborough's lead and apologize to McConnell for misreporting the quote?

Don't hold your breath.

-

Galatians 6:7-9 (NLT)

7 Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. 8 Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. 9 So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.

Of course they want him to change... he held his ground.

...when a man runs for change and try to impose change, resistance will be stronger than ever. Those guys call him crazy, he call it change. They got the republican population behind them by demonizing any and all movements of the President including the incite of birther stories. It may have worked to win over a great number of voters. They caused distractions with these stories as they ignored the country's welfare. You fell for it - That's SIMPLE Stone; That's fault.

Edited by Markinsa
Expanded Quote Box for Orig Quote

Congress resisted a change in how it operates. EVERYBODY wanted and insisted a change in Congress was needed, including you. They call him partisan now, which that's all he had left, his party; republicans stopped all talks after 2010 election. Country halted and POTUS had to use some EOs. I stand by my message above:

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=7&t=131653&qpid=1050245#ixzz29qycmogG

Kind of an argument about which came first, the chicken or the egg. Follow the timeline and you see.

True... chicken or egg! But it is my right, your right, our right... individual right... NOT to participate, contribute to, nor compromise to my own demise, if that's the way I see it. It's called self-preservation... instinctual, or experienced... individually applied, or collectively through representative effort. I stand by my convictions... as you stand by yours. But, "you" cannot force me to participate in my own demise, like a relentless salesman with his foot in my door... I will resist the "sale" and fight for my right not to "buy it", no matter if he's selling live chickens or their eggs!!! LOL

• Upvote 2

True... chicken or egg! But it is my right, your right, our right... individual right... NOT to participate, contribute to, nor compromise to my own demise, if that's the way I see it. It's called self-preservation... instinctual, or experienced... individually applied, or collectively through representative effort. I stand by my convictions... as you stand by yours. But, "you" cannot force me to participate in my own demise, like a relentless salesman with his foot in my door... I will resist the "sale" and fight for my right not to "buy it", no matter if he's selling live chickens or their eggs!!! LOL

Touche!

Read more: http://dinarvets.com...5#ixzz29qycmogG

Of course they want him to change... he held his ground.

What you fail to understand is that the change Obama wanted was something republicans and most of the country felt was BAD for economy and bad for our country! Do you believe they should have just blindly follow and not stand on what they truly believe?? Name one piece of legislation the dems have tried to get done that got stonewalled by republicans over the last 2 years. For every 1 I can point out 4 the republicans tried to get done that died in the senate!

• Upvote 1