Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What Prejudices Could Be So Deep?

simple

What prejudices could be so deep that voters would choose a man that consistently distorts the truth time and time again? Funny thing is these voters/supporters lean toward a man that they have absolutely no idea what he will bring to the Whitehouse besides the obvious. He doesn’t have to agree with equal pay for women. He doesn’t have to be trustworthy. He doesn’t have to be Pro-Life. He doesn't have to save the jobs of the auto workers. Doesn't have to support the country with American banks. He doesn’t even have to create jobs out of the blue. What prejudices would elect a man of no substance? It’s just not time to turn back to the policies that ran America into a recession even well into another President’s term. Time to continue forward - but with a working congress.

My link

I would further argue that it also unfair to blame Romney for collecting women by the binderful, because that claim of his appears to be what Vice President Joe Biden would call "malarkey."

I know because I called up the Massachusetts Government Appointments Project on Wednesday. MassGAP is a nonpartisan women's organization devoted to increasing the numbers of women in high-level appointed positions in state government. It was formed under the leadership of the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus in 2002, the year Romney was elected governor.

Romney didn't go to that group for help in recruiting women. That group went to Romney, saying that it was unacceptable that only 30% of high-level appointees were women.

"Following the election, MassGAP formed committees for each cabinet post in the administration and began the process of recruiting, interviewing, and vetting women applicants," Marissa Szabo, the associate director of the Massachusetts Women's Political Caucus, wrote in an email. "Those committees selected top applicants for each position and presented this information to the administration for follow-up interviews and consideration for appointment."

So when Romney said, "I brought us whole binders full of women," what he meant to say was that women's groups outside his control brought him whole binders full of women. And that he was merely the target of that effort, not the initiator.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 20

And what did he do with those "Binders"....His administration hired and promoted women....So thankyou for pointing this out that with Romney he will take advice from others and get something accomplished.

What prejudices could be so deep that voters would choose a man that consistently distorts the truth time and time again? Funny thing is these voters/supporters lean toward a man that they have absolutely no idea what he will bring to the Whitehouse besides the obvious. He doesn’t have to agree with equal pay for women. He doesn’t have to be trustworthy. He doesn’t have to be Pro-Life. He doesn't have to save the jobs of the auto workers. Doesn't have to support the country with American banks. He doesn’t even have to create jobs out of the blue. What prejudices would elect a man of no substance? It’s just not time to turn back to the policies that ran America into a recession even well into another President’s term. Time to continue forward - but with a working congress.

What Prejudices?....Your opening statement is Pathetic.........But I expect no less from you.....Thankyou ....Chris

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

So when Romney said, "I brought us whole binders full of women," what he meant to say was that women's groups outside his control brought him whole binders full of women. And that he was merely the target of that effort, not the initiator.

This is a lie, the Head Women's Group that Romney went to was on O'Reilly last night, and she did say they came to her, and she only had positive things to say about Romney.

-

• Upvote 6

Simple-we are not prejudiced. Romney is not perfect. I guarantee everyone would probably agree to that. We don't know for sure that he will come through with all he promises...but we sure dang well know how many promises the current president has broken, and lies he has told. Not to mention his record of not really doing anything except raising our deficit more than any other president. So maybe it is a whole lot better to have someone give us some hope, than someone who has proven he cannot do the job, and is destroying our country. I get so tired of your negative attitude on everything on this board. I have never used the ignore button, but I think it is time.

• Upvote 5

Romney Quote:

“I went to a number of women’s groups and said, ‘Can you help us find folks?’ ” Romney said, “and they brought us whole binders full of women.”

So who put Women in Binders?....Yep, Womens Groups ;)

I guess the debate over Big Bird is over....Next....Oh yeah, maybe

vote your Lady Parts will work.....Nope.....They have decided to

vote with their brains.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Simple-we are not prejudiced. Romney is not perfect. I guarantee everyone would probably agree to that. We don't know for sure that he will come through with all he promises...but we sure dang well know how many promises the current president has broken, and lies he has told. Not to mention his record of not really doing anything except raising our deficit more than any other president. So maybe it is a whole lot better to have someone give us some hope, than someone who has proven he cannot do the job, and is destroying our country. I get so tired of your negative attitude on everything on this board. I have never used the ignore button, but I think it is time.

Republicans denied Obama bi-partisan achievements then spent the next few years railing about broken promises. Give me a break!

"What prejudices could be so Deep?"

WOW, what a title, I half expected this to be an article on your beloved RACIST messiah O and his wife in the WH. <_< I know you were trying to keep it SIMPLE!!!

Republicans denied Obama bi-partisan achievements then spent the next few years railing about broken promises. Give me a break!

If that's all you have......you're more desperate than I thought! Binders...Lol! :lol:

And what did he do with those "Binders"....His administration hired and promoted women....So thankyou for pointing this out that with Romney he will take advice from others and get something accomplished.

What Prejudices?....Your opening statement is Pathetic.........But I expect no less from you.....Thankyou ....Chris

Republicans denied Obama bi-partisan achievements then spent the next few years railing about broken promises. Give me a break! You should be complaining to your Congress Representatives!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

So what is the excuse for the deficit? Oh....thats right...he needed to pay for the millions his wife spent on vacations! Come on now simple...you forgot the punch line...it was all Bush'e fault! How could you forget that.! That is the only line that O can remember without having to use a teleprompter

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

So what is the excuse for the deficit? Oh....thats right...he needed to pay for the millions his wife spent on vacations! Come on now simple...you forgot the punch line...it was all Bush'e fault! How could you forget that.! That is the only line that O can remember without having to use a teleprompter

Don't be naive here... read again because the country can't manage if one side is pulling back. Republicans denied Obama bi-partisan achievements then spent the next few years railing about broken promises.

Neither I nor the Republicans want to talk about Bush so shove it away!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

In the US government. after every election, there are approximately 3000 people that must be hired to do the gruntwork of the new administration. Often, they are recommended to the President by his immediate advisors. Among the information on each subject, there are many considerations, such as experience, references, skills assessments, education, etc., and there is always the personal information on their demographics: age, sex, race, location of the country that they came from, political affiliations (if any), right to work info, etc.

President Obama, as every other President, did NOT review those people one at a time. When not in electronic format (folders, oh my!) , they would have been in paper form - in binders!

This is such a non-issue, it's not even funny any more. 7.8% unemployment (it's NOT good enough to brag about!), the slowest recession recovery EVER, a HUGE national debt, soldiers dying three times faster than under Bush, public distrust of government, overburdening business restrictions, a terrorist attack cover up, doubled gas prices, and all of that energy under our feet and we're not allowed to get it - there are REAL ISSUES!

Binders? Really? And we thought there was a lot of smoke coming out of Iraq.

• Upvote 9

Oh please SIMPLE, did you forget your boy O had a super majority for his first 2 years and still couldn't get anything done? Including a budget. He didn't need GOP help for anything and locked them out of most meetings and negotiations. Even you know better then to make a statement like that! :rolleyes:

Not to mention the last couple years under Bush, the Dems controlled congress, yet they keep whining about the wars they voted for and the housing bubble they created. :rolleyes:

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

Oh please SIMPLE, did you forget your boy O had a super majority for his first 2 years and still couldn't get anything done? Including a budget. He didn't need GOP help for anything and locked them out of most meetings and negotiations. Even you know better then to make a statement like that! :rolleyes:

Beat me to it Dive! Bi-partisan achievements....MY EYE! ;)

• Upvote 2

Not to mention the last couple years under Bush, the Dems controlled congress, yet they keep whining about the wars they voted for and the housing bubble they created. :rolleyes:

There was loads of accomplishments Dive. It doesn't negate the fact of what Mitch McConnell and the republicans pledged to do in Congress. That wasn't cool.

In the US government. after every election, there are approximately 3000 people that must be hired to do the gruntwork of the new administration. Often, they are recommended to the President by his immediate advisors. Among the information on each subject, there are many considerations, such as experience, references, skills assessments, education, etc., and there is always the personal information on their demographics: age, sex, race, location of the country that they came from, political affiliations (if any), right to work info, etc.

President Obama, as every other President, did NOT review those people one at a time. When not in electronic format (folders, oh my!) , they would have been in paper form - in binders!

This is such a non-issue, it's not even funny any more. 7.8% unemployment (it's NOT good enough to brag about!), the slowest recession recovery EVER, a HUGE national debt, soldiers dying three times faster than under Bush, public distrust of government, overburdening business restrictions, a terrorist attack cover up, doubled gas prices, and all of that energy under our feet and we're not allowed to get it - there are REAL ISSUES!

Binders? Really? And we thought there was a lot of smoke coming out of Iraq.

You missed my point Planet... not about binders. It's about how the group approached Romney, not Romney approaching them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hardly ever give out negs but I signed in just to give you one. I'm so tired of B.S like this, at this point I'd better just leave it like that. It's the weekend people lets enjoy it, at least we're all still here. That last statement includes you as well Simple.

Edited by eddiemac
  • Upvote 1

There was loads of accomplishments Dive. It doesn't negate the fact of what Mitch McConnell and the republicans pledged to do in Congress. That wasn't cool.

What Mitch and company pledged to do in Congress was stop O from completely dismantling the US as we know it. But hey let's have a look.......

Close Gitmo.......nope still open

Cut the debt in half........nope doubled it

Ended Iraq war..........nope Bush had it layed out already he just followed thru with someone who is way smarter then him's plan

Passed Immigration reform his first year.......nope still waiting

Killed Bin Laden.......nope the SEALs pulled the trigger and Hillarious gave the orders to do it.

Passed a balanced budget........nope hasn't passed a budget period even with A SUPER MAJORITY can't get his own party behind him

Saved GM...........I'd say that was a fail if 70% of their product is now made in China

Cash for Clunkers..............Yep he did that, cost the average tax payers about $24,000 per car (Stupid) plus eliminated most autos for low income families

college students, etc. and dried up parts supplies for said cars still on the road.

Got us out of Afcrapistan........nope still there and more Americans have been killed under his watch then Bush's.

But, I guess he has done some stuff if you count golf, vacations, etc. all out of our wallets. Plus here's a few more of his great accomplishments:

Lost our drone technology to the chinese.......Yep

Gave our nuke secrets to the russians.......Yep

Kissed the entire ME's @$$, only to have it now blow up in our faces.........Yep

Alienated our only true friend in the ME (Israel).......Yep

Insulted our strongest ally period (Britain) by sending back the statue of a man whos ideals he hates..........Yep

Wasted our tax dollars on green energy companies who told him themselves they would fail.........Yep

Got 4 Americans in Libya killed, because of failed policy, but hey what can you expect when you skip almost all your daily meetings......Yep

Passed Obamacare..........Yep even though 85% of the US population didn't want it.

Blocked US guns (Garands I believe) from coming back to the US as collectors items even though we built them........Yep

Completely dropped the ball on the BP spill.........Yep

Wiped out almost every single Chrysler dealer owned by a GOP supporter........Yep

Insulted our law enforcement agencies........Yep

Gave guns to Mexican drug cartels......Yep

Insulted our CIA......Yep

Insulted every small business owner in the country.........Yep

Spent 2 million dollars sealing all his personal records..........Yep

Signed more executive orders bypassing Congress completely then any other president by far.......Yep

Spent more of our tax dollars then all the rest of the presidents combined including both Bushes.......Yep

Starts race riots (Martin case) by making stupid statements then does nothing about the racial beatings resulting from it......Yep

Did I miss something SIMPLE? Yeah this is someone I want to support. NOT! A complete failure in every sense of the word, not to mention the MOST un-American, anti-God, anti-business, biggest spineless kiss @$$ we've ever had in office. ONLY a complete idiot would even consider voting for him again.

• Upvote 9

What Mitch and company pledged to do in Congress was stop O from completely dismantling the US as we know it. But hey let's have a look.......

Close Gitmo.......nope still open

Cut the debt in half........nope doubled it

Can't cry like a itch if you support this: Republicans denied Obama bi-partisan achievements then spent the next few years railing about broken promises. Give me a break! Should have contacted your congressman if there was a promise you wanted the government to keep or a motion you thought was indifferent.

I hardly ever give out negs but I signed in just to give you one. I'm so tired of B.S like this, at this point I'd better just leave it like that. It's the weekend people lets enjoy it, at least we're all still here. That last statement includes you as well Simple.

Have a good weekend Eddiemac.

Edited by simple
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Can't cry like a itch if you support this: Republicans denied Obama bi-partisan achievements then spent the next few years railing about broken promises. Give me a break! Should have contacted your congressman if there was a promise you wanted the government to keep or a motion you thought was indifferent.

Have a good weekend Eddiemac.

ROFL, I guess I shouldn't have expected you to come back with anything intelligent to say. One more time so you hopefully understand, "OBAMA HAD A SUPER MAJORITY FOR HIS FIRST 2 YEARS IN OFFICE AND STILL COULDN'T GET ANYTHING DONE". Perhaps I need to make a video with hand gestures so you can understand that. <_<

I've never asked the govt. for anything but to stay out of the way of small businesses, you've missed the point, O made promises to all you clowns out there who love him, that he had no intention of keeping and hasn't kept yet you still support the liar blindly. :rolleyes:

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 2

ROFL, I guess I shouldn't have expected you to come back with anything intelligent to say. One more time so you hopefully understand, "OBAMA HAD A SUPER MAJORITY FOR HIS FIRST 2 YEARS IN OFFICE AND STILL COULDN'T GET ANYTHING DONE". Perhaps I need to make a video with hand gestures so you can understand that. <_<

I've never asked the govt. for anything but to stay out of the way of small businesses, you've missed the point, O made promises to all you clowns out there who love him, that he had no intention of keeping and hasn't kept yet you still support the liar blindly. :rolleyes:

Oh, you're feeling sympathy for others. Okay! :o

Oh, you're feeling sympathy for others. Okay! :o

Rarely sympathy Simple, I feel empathy. Probably went over your head there, Ok, I feel for people's situation but not sorry for them as most put themselves there thru life choices. The only sympathy I feel in this process is for the people who didn't vote for Obama but still had to deal with 4 years of his crap destroying our country.

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 2

THIS JUST IN....(a gift from Obama!)...

The administration has decided to drop the "Binder" thing due to the fact that Obama had a binder assembled with 45 Muslim applicants to be included in various branches of the US federal government. Isn't that just special?

Woops....O'blah needs to wear a mask....Everything blows up in his face :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1