Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Truth exposed... where does your loyalty rest?

RodandStaff

This video is actually from a very articulate man who happens to be black, and a christian. He is talking about how he has learned how not to be "filed in with the rest of the sheep"... so how anyone would think that he is not thinking for himself??? blink.gif His main point is whatever political view you have make sure it honors God...period!!!

Wow... and calling him racist..rolleyes.gif... I think you've had enough venting for now... so go vent on someone else's thread please... after you have listened more carefully to what has been said that is. Of course if your just here to spread some conspiratorial agenda that no one else is as "enlightened as you"... then maybe you need to open your own thread, and express your views there instead of dumping things on this one and having no continuity with what was being said. Try again... on your own thread... thank you very much.

FYI... I'm pretty sure I understand the meaning of the Rod and Staff, but I am not interested in the least of getting into a pissing contest with anyone, esp. someone who appears to have no other agenda in mind but their own. emot-shakehead.gif Have a good one! wink.gif

Wow my friend I had you better than that. I thought you opened this thread for dialog and not insult? It's real easy to come to the conclusion that he believes the BCC can't think for themselves, he addresses them as a whole and not as a part. I say it racist, because his appeal is only to the BCC like they're the only lost sheep, shouldn't a Bishop appeal to all lost sheep? Please let me point out you honor GOD by honoring the fact that GOD is the Goverment! (Isa. 9:6 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end,....), Romans 13:5-6, Rev 20:4 you respect those that GOD has put over us good or evil. The Bishop knows that.....I think? If you're going to put GOD in politics espcially as a man of GOD you should rightly divide the Word of Truth and not use it for your political agenda. What conspiracy are you talikng about the housing crash is real, the motive behind it is real! Greed is real "For the love of money is the root of all evil". (1 Tim. 6:10). I didn't write on your thread to vent, only to have some constructive dialog....I thought? Here's my agenda... America's problem is bigger than Obama and Romney. America has a problem that only GOD can fix! You will see! I will honor your request and get off your thread (lol). It should give you the final say! You surprised me RodandStaff.... Be Blessed!

• Upvote 1

Wow my friend I had you better than that. I thought you opened this thread for dialog and not insult? It's real easy to come to the conclusion that he believes the BCC can't think for themselves, he addresses them as a whole and not as a part. I say it racist, because his appeal is only to the BCC like they're the only lost sheep, shouldn't a Bishop appeal to all lost sheep? Please let me point out you honor GOD by honoring the fact that GOD is the Goverment! (Isa. 9:6 Of the increase of [his] government and peace [there shall be] no end,....), Romans 13:5-6, Rev 20:4 you respect those that GOD has put over us good or evil. The Bishop knows that.....I think? If you're going to put GOD in politics espcially as a man of GOD you should rightly divide the Word of Truth and not use it for your political agenda. What conspiracy are you talikng about the housing crash is real, the motive behind it is real! Greed is real "For the love of money is the root of all evil". (1 Tim. 6:10). I didn't write on your thread to vent, only to have some constructive dialog....I thought? Here's my agenda... America's problem is bigger than Obama and Romney. America has a problem that only GOD can fix! You will see! I will honor your request and get off your thread (lol). It should give you the final say! You surprised me RodandStaff.... Be Blessed!

I listened to the video and did not find it racist that he was addressing the black population. But there is a message for all of us and I believe he knew that. You are right that the problem is greater than O&R. The problem is with the hearts of every American. We as a nation have been blessed with the ability to help others. But through all the media outlets and schools we are being told that it is all about ME. We are being told that if we do something wrong we can simply blame that on someone else. As evident with the president blaming all of his short comings on others. There is fault on both sides of the isle but what is happening is the same thing that happened in Germany. The leaders choosing one or more groups of people and placing the blame in order to gain more control. Anyone can quote the bible but the bible tells us that we are to be self controlled. To be anything other than that allows for a dictatorship in our own lives. If America will not be self controlled then it invites the kind of leadership we now have.

Edited by darwinatridge
  • Upvote 4

This is "exactly" what he said in the video... did you not get that? And if you want to get right down to it... he wasn't promoting one party over another... again you missed the point my friend. I mean no disrespect, but you came from out of no where and took the context of the thread in a whole different direction that wasn't even on topic... imo. So if you have other topics either start another thread or stay on point... that is what I am trying to say. You have every right to your opinion... so I am not bashing. Just stick to the train of thought so we can keep some kind of continuity is all I ask to keep it respectful. Don't agree with the speaker? That's alright, but I learned long ago that if I spoke up against everyone I disagreed with I would never stop talking... and since I have to breath sometime...well!!! rolleyes.gif Actually I'm learning to let others breath as well... or shall I say to a point... live and let live... as long as someone doesn't cram something down my throat, they can go ahead and have a different opinion... no problem!!! You seem like an intelligent person... give others the same credit then, even if they don't think exactly like you. Nuff said... have a good one! wink.gif

• Upvote 2

This is "exactly" what he said in the video... did you not get that? And if you want to get right down to it... he wasn't promoting one party over another... again you missed the point my friend. I mean no disrespect, but you came from out of no where and took the context of the thread in a whole different direction that wasn't even on topic... imo. So if you have other topics either start another thread or stay on point... that is what I am trying to say. You have every right to your opinion... so I am not bashing. Just stick to the train of thought so we can keep some kind of continuity is all I ask to keep it respectful. Don't agree with the speaker? That's alright, but I learned long ago that if I spoke up against everyone I disagreed with I would never stop talking... and since I have to breath sometime...well!!! rolleyes.gif Actually I'm learning to let others breath as well... or shall I say to a point... live and let live... as long as someone doesn't cram something down my throat, they can go ahead and have a different opinion... no problem!!! You seem like an intelligent person... give others the same credit then, even if they don't think exactly like you. Nuff said... have a good one! wink.gif

Hey Rod my friend, it what they do in today society!! Spin it to make something else out of it!! What is it they call it!! FORWARD

• Upvote 1

Hey Rod my friend, it what they do in today society!! Spin it to make something else out of it!! What is it they call it!! FORWARD

You are exactly right.. It doesn't matter how good the intentions or even if something is spoke in the most loving spirit it is gonna be spun into something it's not and taking completely out of context if it has anything to do with God and spoken by a Christian, at least some realize the importance and power of this man's message... Thanks for posting Rod!

You are exactly right.. It doesn't matter how good the intentions or even if something is spoke in the most loving spirit it is gonna be spun into something it's not and taking completely out of context if it has anything to do with God and spoken by a Christian, at least some realize the importance and power of this man's message... Thanks for posting Rod!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

People say it is hard to understand why. No it isn't. All anyone who wants to understand has to do is just pick up the bible and read Proverbs 1

Proverbs 1

New King James Version (NKJV)

The Beginning of Knowledge

1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel:

2 To know wisdom and instruction,

To perceive the words of understanding,

3 To receive the instruction of wisdom,

Justice, judgment, and equity;

4 To give prudence to the simple,

To the young man knowledge and discretion—

5 A wise man will hear and increase learning,

And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel,

6 To understand a proverb and an enigma,

The words of the wise and their riddles.

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,

But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Shun Evil Counsel

8 My son, hear the instruction of your father,

And do not forsake the law of your mother;

9 For they will be a graceful ornament on your head,

And chains about your neck.

10 My son, if sinners entice you,

Do not consent.

11 If they say, “Come with us,

Let us lie in wait to shed blood;

Let us lurk secretly for the innocent without cause;

12 Let us swallow them alive like Sheol,[a]

And whole, like those who go down to the Pit;

13 We shall find all kinds of precious possessions,

We shall fill our houses with spoil;

14 Cast in your lot among us,

Let us all have one purse”—

15 My son, do not walk in the way with them,

Keep your foot from their path;

16 For their feet run to evil,

And they make haste to shed blood.

17 Surely, in vain the net is spread

In the sight of any bird;

18 But they lie in wait for their own blood,

They lurk secretly for their own lives.

19 So are the ways of everyone who is greedy for gain;

It takes away the life of its owners.

The Call of Wisdom

20 Wisdom calls aloud outside;

She raises her voice in the open squares.

21 She cries out in the chief concourses,

At the openings of the gates in the city

She speaks her words:

22 “How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?

For scorners delight in their scorning,

And fools hate knowledge.

23 Turn at my rebuke;

Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;

I will make my words known to you.

24 Because I have called and you refused,

I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded,

25 Because you disdained all my counsel,

And would have none of my rebuke,

26 I also will laugh at your calamity;

I will mock when your terror comes,

27 When your terror comes like a storm,

And your destruction comes like a whirlwind,

When distress and anguish come upon you.

28 “Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;

They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.

29 Because they hated knowledge

And did not choose the fear of the Lord,

30 They would have none of my counsel

And despised my every rebuke.

31 Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way,

And be filled to the full with their own fancies.

32 For the turning away of the simple will slay them,

And the complacency of fools will destroy them;

33 But whoever listens to me will dwell safely,

And will be secure, without fear of evil.”

For those of you who want to continually argue that government and morality have nothing to do with one another King David and his son Solomon thought differently.

• Upvote 3

O God, You are actively involved in every part of Your creation at every moment. Grant to all Americans a willingness to get involved in the upcoming elections, resisting complacency and passivity. Let each one know the value of his or her vote, and let each one exercise their privilege with diligence and faith.

• Upvote 3

In the past few years, there has been a shift in language usage in America. People tend to go into great depth regarding the meanings of words, usually to be sure to omit no one and to include all. These diggings into the fine-tunings and meanings of words have dug deeply, far beyond the ordinary usage of such words. Thus, this change brought with it a new awareness of word usage which has often led to an even more hightened awareness of one's own sensitivities, as well as those of others, in order not to "offend." Following that came increased sensitivities on the parts of almost everyone who, until then, had no idea they, themselves, were that sensitive.

This led to a deeper dig into the meanings of words, as each person began to examine all discourse, both public and private, for the slightest indication that they may have been discriminated against. Neither ordinary people, nor our leaders, could say much of anything in the public forum without our words being twisted into a slur against someone else. And of course, reasons for such offensive language began to be created, often by people who seemed to misread the words deliberately to make their own point, which was usually far removed from the intent of the original speaker/writer. Suddenly everyone felt charged to comment on the "real intentions" of the writer/speaker who had used what were once ordinary words, and that was often followed by a charge of "racism" against people who had no idea that their comments were racist, since they, themselves, had never entertained such thoughts.

Surely reasonable people will soon again be able to make reasonable comments without those being followed by accusations of racism. Surely we will not allow someone else to define our words to the point that they can call us names and make ugly accusations against us, claiming our thoughts were not just what we believed they were, that every word we speak/write is slathered by the hidden agenda of "racism." Who are the people doing this the most? I believe it is those who have their own agenda, often the democratic party or their cohorts. They throw that word, "racism," around quite freely when they are examing the words of those who disagree with them poltically. Some of them are so ready to use that word against us, that they even claim, if we don't want Obama as president for a second term, it has to be because we are "racist," and certainly not because our cause may be just for not trusting him or his poltics.

Since this accusation is so widely used against anyone with whom the left disagrees, I don't expect it to disappear overnight. It is far too convenient for them as a fall-back position against their opponents. But meantime, I find the accusation, itself, highly offensive in most instances. Speaking or writing in public seems to have become a ducking and dodging game, trying to avoid charges of racism. And sadly, the overuse and misuse of the word "racism" dilutes the charge when actual racism occurs. After we have read or heard "racism" used so often, who even hears it any longer?

• Upvote 1

Francie... some very deep and poignant thoughts indeed and they all ring true, very good, and thank you!!! Some day, just maybe, people can learn to not have such thin skin and be real with each other.

With two adopted kids I see it all the time. This man I feel is trying to speak directly to that "sensitive nerve" which just happens to be people of the same ethnicity and spiritual beliefs... he's just trying to talk some sense into the situation. One time I was called a racist by an Asian gal who was living in the States and was a key note speaker at an adoption meeting. There was a point in the meeting where they asked for some comments from the audience. I got up and quite honestly shared that I try to be somewhat color blind in my dealings with other people, that I feel is how our Creator looks at us (imo). Now that doesn't negate each of our unique cultures and individual expressions. But this lady blasted me for being racist because I didn't make a big deal out of each race. She felt that if I adopted a black child I should raise that child in a black culture. blink.gif Fortunately for me I had just read a very articulate article written by a black woman which addressed that very topic. "Black Culture"???... which black culture would that be??? unsure.gif Would that be inner city Harlem or Chicago? Would that be deep south Mississippi or Alabama? Would that be a black upper class Connecticut family culture, or maybe upper West Coast, or California... which "black culture" are we talking about???... the lady went on to write! What "culture" these adoptive kids need (or any kids imho) is a "culture" of nurturing, loving, and an encouraging home environment. If a child feels loved and respected at home they are much more likely able to handle the difficulties they face outside in the day to day environment that life throws at them. Racism is wrong at the core, pitting one culture, or race against one other as though one of them is superior for what ever reason they choose. We are all on this planet for a reason... and one of the reasons imo is to express our own individuality without flaunting it as being superior over anothers. I personally think God enjoys the variety... that's why He didn't make us all carbon copies. How boring would that be anyway!!! rolleyes.gif Viva the difference, but respect them all!!! peace.gif

• Upvote 1

This is nice to see that he takes the stand of being used to get a vote. That makes me sick. And he is so right. We need God. It may not be for all but it's for me and I stand with the pastor.

Oh, uncirculd, it's for all!! It's just that in this anti-God culture, some people just don't know it. It's easy in this culture to be in denial, to ignore God, and to try to run one's life alone. But it is also the saddest of all worlds. I think, once we get a different leader in the White House, one who has a strong belief, himself, we will see our "Christian"nation right itself, and soon God will be back among us as well as in our country. Actually, He has never left, and He never will, not as long as enough of us continue to pray and to recoginze Him as the "essential source" of our lives.

Francie... some very deep and poignant thoughts indeed and they all ring true, very good, and thank you!!! Some day, just maybe, people can learn to not have such thin skin and be real with each other.

With two adopted kids I see it all the time. This man I feel is trying to speak directly to that "sensitive nerve" which just happens to be people of the same ethnicity and spiritual beliefs... he's just trying to talk some sense into the situation. One time I was called a racist by an Asian gal who was living in the States and was a key note speaker at an adoption meeting. There was a point in the meeting where they asked for some comments from the audience. I got up and quite honestly shared that I try to be somewhat color blind in my dealings with other people, that I feel is how our Creator looks at us (imo). Now that doesn't negate each of our unique cultures and individual expressions. But this lady blasted me for being racist because I didn't make a big deal out of each race. She felt that if I adopted a black child I should raise that child in a black culture. blink.gif Fortunately for me I had just read a very articulate article written by a black woman which addressed that very topic. "Black Culture"???... which black culture would that be??? unsure.gif Would that be inner city Harlem or Chicago? Would that be deep south Mississippi or Alabama? Would that be a black upper class Connecticut family culture, or maybe upper West Coast, or California... which "black culture" are we talking about???... the lady went on to write! What "culture" these adoptive kids need (or any kids imho) is a "culture" of nurturing, loving, and an encouraging home environment. If a child feels loved and respected at home they are much more likely able to handle the difficulties they face outside in the day to day environment that life throws at them. Racism is wrong at the core, pitting one culture, or race against one other as though one of them is superior for what ever reason they choose. We are all on this planet for a reason... and one of the reasons imo is to express our own individuality without flaunting it as being superior over anothers. I personally think God enjoys the variety... that's why He didn't make us all carbon copies. How boring would that be anyway!!! rolleyes.gif Viva the difference, but respect them all!!! peace.gif

R&R, your children have known from their earliest moments that they are very loved and very wanted. I think that is the best "culture" in which any child can grow up. If that is missing, nothing else much matters, and if that is present, nothing else much matters. <smile> So you and their mother gave them the best of all worlds. And again, that is enough.

• Upvote 1

You are right that he is trying talk some sense into people. But you have to look much deeper into the liberal mind set to see what he and we are up against. I think this book(link below) sums up that mind set pretty well. People who disagree with liberals are accused of racism but it is nothing more than a tool used stop people from speaking up. Remember, Satan never does anything in the light

and he will do anything to turn that light away from him so he can continue in his destruction.

http://www.akha.org/content/medicaldocuments/inherentracism.pdf

• Upvote 1