Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What if........

SnowGlobe7

Ok so I have been thinking...Lets say that Iraq does go ahead and do a RD.

That being said, how long before they (if they are going to) follow it up with an RV?

Is there a certain amount of time? Is it possible that it could be years?

Anything is possible...within reason, but you will not find any definite answers here or anywhere else for that matter. I'm sure you just want to be reassured that you've made a good investment. I can't say whether you have or not. Anyhow...obviously it could be years or decades.. this is the middle east... they are very slooooooooooooooow at everything and always have been. Who knows what they have planned. I don't count on much from them anytime soon, I'll tell ya that! ;)

• Upvote 1

Ok so I have been thinking...Lets say that Iraq does go ahead and do a RD.

That being said, how long before they (if they are going to) follow it up with an RV?

Is there a certain amount of time? Is it possible that it could be years?

There was a member here that posted occasionally that lived in Turkey during their RD and from what he was saying it sounded like when the new currency was introduced it already carried the higher value.....but the old currencies value never changed.....

So from that it sounds like it would be at the same time.....RD the old, bring in the new with a higher value....

• Upvote 2

If there is a simple RD, then we know, as Keep pointed out, how that will turn out. There are plenty examples of that, and we don't want Iraq to follow any of them. If there is an RV at the scale we are expecting, then nobody can answer the OP's question, because there has never been an RV of that scale and most people agree that Iraq will never tell us they are going to RV, if that is their intent.

No matter how much we discuss an RV, no matter how many people analyze the news coming out of Iraq, no matter how many opinions we read or express, the simple fact remains that Iraq has never said they will RV, so all we can do is wait and see how it will play out. If they indeed are going to RV 1000x or 100,000 times, they are writing a new playbook and we won't know the plays until after they happen.

• Upvote 2

Heck...your avatar rocks as well!!!!

Mr Dinarman...yes we all would like to have confirmation that we have "invested well" but what i was really wondering was does one action (no matter is it is lop or rd or ?) did it have to follow with an RV in any certain time period to avoid any more complications to their economy.

I was thinking exactly what Keep said...it would seem to almost have to happen at the same time. But some other friends have also made some good points."If they lop then they could RV soon after or they could wait for years". He also says that you would have to"convert to the new currency to benefit from the RV. " I certainly see his point as well

Another friend thinks that they could just increase the value a small amount over years"small RV's" then RD.

I thank you all for your insight....You have confirmed that even if/when we see movement...it may not mean we are getting nearer to the end of this ride, but that we are just changing trains,

PS Nice to talk to ya Keep...how is that little one doing???

• Upvote 1

There was a member here that posted occasionally that lived in Turkey during their RD and from what he was saying it sounded like when the new currency was introduced it already carried the higher value.....but the old currencies value never changed.....

So from that it sounds like it would be at the same time.....RD the old, bring in the new with a higher value....

I really think this is what is going to happen. The new coming out with the higher value and then hopefully increasing as the years go buy. Assuming we can exchange our old for new it might be a good investment in our future, that being our children or grandchildren. When I first got into this, I was hoping for a little liagniappe for me, but I would be okay knowing it may be passed on to another generation. :)

If there is a simple RD, then we know, as Keep pointed out, how that will turn out. There are plenty examples of that, and we don't want Iraq to follow any of them. If there is an RV at the scale we are expecting, then nobody can answer the OP's question, because there has never been an RV of that scale and most people agree that Iraq will never tell us they are going to RV, if that is their intent.

No matter how much we discuss an RV, no matter how many people analyze the news coming out of Iraq, no matter how many opinions we read or express, the simple fact remains that Iraq has never said they will RV, so all we can do is wait and see how it will play out. If they indeed are going to RV 1000x or 100,000 times, they are writing a new playbook and we won't know the plays until after they happen.

"There has never been an RV of that scale." Yet, so many believe this will happen.

It's been nine years and this RV has not appeared. Obama was able to pass his health care plan with opposition from the Republican party. It did not take him 9 years to pass it.

• Upvote 1