Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barzani: We are not with the war option

Carrello

Barzani: We are not with the war option

Tuesday, 11 September 2012 09:46

Shafaq News / Kurdistan Region President, Massoud Barzani said that the Kurds are not with starting an armed war with the current Iraqi government, but they must be in a state of readiness to defend themselves, confirming that it can’t be accepted to live under the rule of dictatorship in Iraq.

Barzani's statements came at a ceremony organized by his party; the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) attended by "Shafaq News", marking the 51 anniversary since the outbreak of the Kurdish September revolution against the Iraqi government at that time in 1961 under the leadership of the late Kurdish leader, Mullah Mustafa Barzani.

"That time to be the attackers has gone so let us not think in the war, but we must be ready to defend ourselves as wars time has gone and now it is the dialogue, understanding and respect for each other time."

He added, "We are with a democratic and pluralistic Iraq in which we don’t sense the dictatorship, from now on we will strive with all Iraqi parties to install the constitution, new Iraq must be for everyone and a true partnership of all parties must be achieved in the new government and I think that all Iraqi parties will not accept any form of giving any person the right for himself to order decisions alone.”

Barzani has renewed his invitation to resolve differences with Baghdad on the Constitution basis and added that "We are ready to address all the problems by the constitution, but anyone considering imposing things strongly on Kurdistan and thinks of eliminating that by force, we say that this is impossible, I know very well that the worst possibilities is war, but the worst of the war is the person to be under the rule of a dictatorship.”

Barzani noted indirectly forming Tigris forces in Kirkuk and Diyala, as he said that "We are taking steps towards peace and democratic Iraq that everyone live in, but it is impossible to accept insulting the gains of Kurdistan or anyone who thinks of establishing new headquarters for military forces or moving forces that this will affect the situation, as I think that we must deal with the situation more rationally because war does not and will not solve the problems.”

"Iraq is a component of two major nationalities with my respect to the other nationalities in which we live with them as brothers, but after World War I, the modern Iraqi state was founded on this basis that Kurds and Arabs are partners in this country, but the Iraqi state has not committed to this , that’s why Iraq did not become a state and the Kurds did not find comfort.

www.shafaaq.com

• Upvote 1