Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wal-Mart Versus the Morons

delta22

So....just so I can get this straight....We have 3 people that dont shop

at Walmart saying the products are different from other stores.

Funny....because when I go in there, I see everything from Red Baron Pizza to

Sony TV's.....I can buy almost every product at many other stores in my little

town for a slightly higher price.

I guess Im just imagining that.....silly me :blink:

• Upvote 2

:P :P when i look at the WAL-MART people and we have seen them all -It makes me throw up. I just find it hard ti believe that these poor people who dress up like we have seen shop there.Di i went on a FACT FINDING MISSION--WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW those photo,s aint kiddin. Hahahahahahaha -i could help but stair at some. It git so bad that i really did think i was in a weird moment in time and where were the people who run the store.So i ask and find out they are

SHORTSTAFFED Today. So things arent runnin like they wanted. So they asked if i wanted a job.hahahaha NOPE-.. I could work there. its not the pay I dont want to look like them I had a WALLY WORLD GREETER come up to me and say GLAD YOU CAME -WOULD YOU PLEASE STAND HERE WITH ME. I now see why . NOPE aint for me.My wife likes to shop there .Now when she says she is going to see her mother I know she is at wally world- .....FACT FINDING MISSION over.... Now i have turned to another FACT FINDING MISSION. Fishing. I have been fed a libe and have been lured in by a guy named ROD. -and i cant worm out off it- gee i could go on all day- ( see what happens when u go to WALLY WORLD?????? This can happen to you-i figure the experience will slowly go away in about 30 hours for me . Some other people are different on this - some it takes sooner than later-i------Later all Gone Fishin---l/ :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure Maggie and ski have explored at least one wal-mart store before making such negative statements about them, however, just to let

you know that you can shop any local grocery store and you will find the exact same brands and products, just at a slightly higher price including

most of the standard pet foods. Oh and I don't believe the baby formula issue was restricted to just wal-mart stores so blaming them is unjust.

I personally know people that work for wal-mart and until wal-mart hired them, they were jobless. Wal-mart is also the only company that openly

hires and supports work for the challenged (both mental and physical). Their practice of hiring part-time employees to avoid benefits is standard

practice for the retail and grocery industry but their full-time employees enjoy the same benefits as most other workers. Their pay scale is also in line

with other retail outlets. The products they carry in their electronics section can also be found in Best Buy and other retailers as a matter of fact, most

products in wal-mart can be found in local department stores and shopping malls, once again at slightly increased pricing. Wal-mart contributes

to the community tax base as well as hiring a large number of local residents. In general they support the community.

Just my TwoCents.gif

scute_100-115.gif

Yup, Texas Granny. I'll admit that I have been to a Wall-mart once. I have no idea about Ski's shopping habits. I will tell you Texas Granny, that I will not shop there on principal. I believe they are peditors and I don't care if I could save a dollar... I will not compomise myself for China's crap.

PS. I won't be poisoning my kid's or my animal's with their crap either. Hope You Get It, Granny!

I'm sure Maggie and ski have explored at least one wal-mart store before making such negative statements about them, however, just to let

you know that you can shop any local grocery store and you will find the exact same brands and products, just at a slightly higher price including

most of the standard pet foods. Oh and I don't believe the baby formula issue was restricted to just wal-mart stores so blaming them is unjust.

I personally know people that work for wal-mart and until wal-mart hired them, they were jobless. Wal-mart is also the only company that openly

hires and supports work for the challenged (both mental and physical). Their practice of hiring part-time employees to avoid benefits is standard

practice for the retail and grocery industry but their full-time employees enjoy the same benefits as most other workers. Their pay scale is also in line

with other retail outlets. The products they carry in their electronics section can also be found in Best Buy and other retailers as a matter of fact, most

products in wal-mart can be found in local department stores and shopping malls, once again at slightly increased pricing. Wal-mart contributes

to the community tax base as well as hiring a large number of local residents. In general they support the community.

Just my :twocents:

:rocking-chair:

Wal-Mart is not the only company that openly hires and supports work for the challenged. The supermarket I shop at all the time has the same practice. They have stores all over lower Michigan and many in Ohio and Indiana as well. Not near as big as Wal-Mart but a good sized corporation.

Here's what I noticed about Wal-Mart products, at least the electronic products they carry. Some years back I wanted to buy my dad a pair of Motorola talkabouts (walkie-talkies) for Christmas. I knew what specific model and/or features I was looking for. I first went to Gander Mtn. and found exactly what I wanted, but thought the price was a little high. Next I went across the street to Wal-Mart (one of only 3 times I've ever been in a Wal-Mart ). They had talkabouts, but I noticed they only carried the most basic model. While I was there I noticded this seemed to be true for all of the electronic products they carried. Sure, they have brand names, but they are the most basic, no frills, bare bones models the manufacturer makes. So, to say that Wal-Mart carries the same things as other stores do at a cheaper price isn't really accurate either.

• Upvote 2

I really don't get contentiousness in this thread. THERE IS A MARKET FOR EVERYONE. That's the beauty of it! The quality of products can be quite subjective... same a dollar store's offerings. Many many people obviously want to shop there, and make that choice. Many people care to save money, as their choice... even if that product is offered only as "basic". Walmart isn't trying to fool anyone with their offerings... You don't like it, shop and buy elsewhere. My point is... we all have the freedom to make that shopping choice... and obviously many do. What's the problem? I resent anyone taking that choice from me. And as far as a business model... that's also their choice. Don't like it... don't work there... and yet again, obviously many do. Steer away from politicizing a private company's policies and practices... most people are smart enough to make their own decisions. So, if I want to shop at Wal-mart... or support them... or work for them... it's simply a very conscious decision, based on my personal values, or needs, at that time. Don't judge otherwise... and if you do... I'll invite you to go do my shopping for me. But don't ask me for more money when you over-bought... based on your values. :)

Well I guess convenience makes me guilty... I shop at WalMart because I have 4 children that are with me everywhere I go... It is much easier for me to go to a supercenter and buy everything I need at one store than drive all over town, get my kids in and out, use more gas just to get what I need.... they also price match, I always take my salespapers when I go.... Just sayin!

• Upvote 3

Well I guess convenience makes me guilty... I shop at WalMart because I have 4 children that are with me everywhere I go... It is much easier for me to go to a supercenter and buy everything I need at one store than drive all over town, get my kids in and out, use more gas just to get what I need.... they also price match, I always take my salespapers when I go.... Just sayin!

Bingo Bama! You're making choices that serve you and fit your family's needs. :)

• Upvote 2

Bingo Bama! You're making choices that serve you and fit your family's needs. :)

Exactly! BTW, I also bought my children's baby formula at WalMart... They are 6-15 now and extremely smart and healthy (thank God).... no problems from my choice of formula or where it was purchased..

• Upvote 2