Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

You Didn't Build That

fnbplanet

Found this HILARIOUS website, put up by people who are taking the POTUS to task for his recent claim that whatever we've done, we didn't build that. You can add your own item to the site too! It's up to about six pages now....

My link

ahhhhh.........what's potus..........ahhhhhh.............is that a dog?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Found this HILARIOUS website, put up by people who are taking the POTUS to task for his recent claim that whatever we've done, we didn't build that. You can add your own item to the site too! It's up to about six pages now....

My link

That is hilarious :D

tumblr_m7f00aIYW11rbxfido1_500.jpg

• Upvote 2

My link

no question Obama inartfully phrased those two sentences, but it’s clear from the context what the president was talking about. He spoke of government — including government-funded education, infrastructure and research — assisting businesses to make what he called “this unbelievable American system that we have.” In summary, he said: “The point is … that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

no question Obama inartfully phrased those two sentences, but it’s clear from the context what the president was talking about. He spoke of government — including government-funded education, infrastructure and research — assisting businesses to make what he called “this unbelievable American system that we have.” In summary, he said: “The point is … that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.”

I missed that part where he praised individual effort.

Mainly because he didn't.

• Upvote 2

THANK YOU for clarifying what barry meant, because thats surely NOT what was said. :blink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

OBAMA: If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own.

OBAMA: You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be 'cause I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something. There are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, that -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

I understand that there is a support system inherent in the capitalist system here in the United Sates of America, and that we all benefit from it when WE, as INDIVIDUALS, make the effort to use the available resources we have or create and synergistically combine them into success. I get it.

But I fail to get even a HINT about American Exceptionalism in not only this particular speech, but in ANYTHING that he has ever said or promoted.

"Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive."

This is nothing more than a "set up" to raise taxes on the successful, the premise being that: it wasn't yours in the first place. We already operate in a progressive tax atmosphere, thereby punishing those who are successful. To take more from them can only serve to impair the "American Dream".

May I add that I have never, ever, been employed by a poor person. I am not comfortable with an 8% (disputable) unemployment number. I am not comfortable with BHO using the entire first 15 months of his term jamming an unpopular health care law down our throats instead of finding a way to get jobs and the private sector going again. According to him, the private sector is "doing all right". Time for another direction. ( I already question which direction his "Forward" is pointed at. )

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

tumblr_m7fg2eYsBf1rbxfido1_400.jpg

Did+I+Do+That.png

This is Bush's fault.

obama-nobel-prize-mainpic.jpg

This is my earned reward

for directing so many to the

Welfare Programs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

OBAMA: You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be 'cause I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something. There are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, that -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

I understand that there is a support system inherent in the capitalist system here in the United Sates of America, and that we all benefit from it when WE, as INDIVIDUALS, make the effort to use the available resources we have or create and synergistically combine them into success. I get it.

But I fail to get even a HINT about American Exceptionalism in not only this particular speech, but in ANYTHING that he has ever said or promoted.

"Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive."

This is nothing more than a "set up" to raise taxes on the successful, the premise being that: it wasn't yours in the first place. We already operate in a progressive tax atmosphere, thereby punishing those who are successful. To take more from them can only serve to impair the "American Dream".

May I add that I have never, ever, been employed by a poor person. I am not comfortable with an 8% (disputable) unemployment number. I am not comfortable with BHO using the entire first 15 months of his term jamming an unpopular health care law down our throats instead of finding a way to get jobs and the private sector going again. According to him, the private sector is "doing all right". Time for another direction. ( I already question which direction his "Forward" is pointed at. )

I agree 100%!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot::tiphat::twothumbs::woot: :woot: :woot:

Cris, I'd love to tell you that you crack me up.....but now we know you didn't do that! :lol:

Im still trying to figure out who did do it...I guess its a philosophical

thing.....I do know that whatever I do from now on, my mistakes werent

done by me neither ;) Thanks Mr Prez.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!! :)