Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

GOP, running scared, threatens to block Nevada from RNC

divemaster5734

Even though Ron Paul won over 50% of the Nevada vote, the corporatist s that control the RINO GOP are going to try to pull off a farce convention by ignoring the voice of the people.

When I started talking to people about RP I got laughed at 4 out of 5 times. Now, no one is laughing except the morons at each end of the polar fringe.

Now that more people have realized they will not be scorned for supporting the only candidate that has been telling the truth, we have seen a landslide of grassroots support.

The GOP knows this, and are now attempting to "fix" the convention in order to get their puppet Romney the nomination.

Even some left wing politicos are starting to support RP.

The Republican National Committee has sent a stern letter to the Nevada Republican Party warning the state not to draw too heavily from supporters of Texas Congressman Ron Paul ® for its delegates, reports DC insider blog “The Hill.” If the delegation fails to feature the 20 out of 28 supporters it needs for former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney ®, the national committee has warned that it will refuse to seat them at the Republican National Convention this summer.

Rachel Maddow has reported that at this juncture, no delegates have been awarded to any of the candidates from Michigan, Iowa and other states including Nevada. Paul and his supporters have been using their own strategy, including some of the more obscure rules of delegate selection, to pack state committees with their own delegates.

Paul enjoys strong support in Nevada. National officials are becoming worried that the congressman’s popularity could throw a wrench into the works of an otherwise smooth nomination process for Romney.

RNC chief counsel John R. Phillippe Jr. wrote to Nevada GOP chair Michael McDonald, “I believe it is highly likely that any committee with jurisdiction over the matter would find improper any change to the election, selection, allocation, or binding of delegates, thus jeopardizing the seating of Nevada’s entire delegation to the National Convention.”

Typically, delegate distribution is meant to reflect the state’s caucus vote, which took place on February 4, with Romney winning more than 50 percent of the votes cast. National Republicans are concerned that Paul-friendly delegates will use their power in Nevada to game the state convention in Sparks, Nevada this weekend, thus opening the possibility that they will send a delegation to Tampa this summer that will flout party rules and support their candidate over the party’s nominee.

Las Vegas Sun columnist Jon Ralston wrote that Nevada’s GOP chair McDonald is “close to some of the Paul folks. He adds that he doesn’t think Paul’s supporters “respect authority too much,” which creates the distinct possibility of havoc this weekend, a prospect that Ralston finds “too delicious.”

Paul himself expressed optimism in an interview with Bloomberg TV on Monday.

“Just look at this last week,” he said, “The news is very favorable to us. We could even end up winning Iowa, ironically enough. In Minnesota, we’re doing well, and Maine, Nevada and Missouri. We’re doing very, very well. Some of the states we could very well win or come up very much because the delegate process is completely different than these straw votes. We’re pleased … It’s another month or so until they count all the delegates and we find out where we stand.”

Initial vote counts said that Mitt Romney won the Iowa caucus, which was one of the earliest primary votes, held on January 3. Recounts have since then shown that the majority of votes in the state were actually won by Paul.

This just proves the media's collaboration to try to suppress RP.

My link

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Even though Ron Paul won over 50% of the Nevada vote, the corporatist s that control the RINO GOP are going to try to pull off a farce convention by ignoring the voice of the people.

When I started talking to people about RP I got laughed at 4 out of 5 times. Now, no one is laughing except the morons at each end of the polar fringe.

Now that more people have realized they will not be scorned for supporting the only candidate that has been telling the truth, we have seen a landslide of grassroots support.

The GOP knows this, and are now attempting to "fix" the convention in order to get their puppet Romney the nomination.

Even some left wing politicos are starting to support RP.

The Republican National Committee has sent a stern letter to the Nevada Republican Party warning the state not to draw too heavily from supporters of Texas Congressman Ron Paul ® for its delegates, reports DC insider blog “The Hill.” If the delegation fails to feature the 20 out of 28 supporters it needs for former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney ®, the national committee has warned that it will refuse to seat them at the Republican National Convention this summer.

Rachel Maddow has reported that at this juncture, no delegates have been awarded to any of the candidates from Michigan, Iowa and other states including Nevada. Paul and his supporters have been using their own strategy, including some of the more obscure rules of delegate selection, to pack state committees with their own delegates.

Paul enjoys strong support in Nevada. National officials are becoming worried that the congressman’s popularity could throw a wrench into the works of an otherwise smooth nomination process for Romney.

RNC chief counsel John R. Phillippe Jr. wrote to Nevada GOP chair Michael McDonald, “I believe it is highly likely that any committee with jurisdiction over the matter would find improper any change to the election, selection, allocation, or binding of delegates, thus jeopardizing the seating of Nevada’s entire delegation to the National Convention.”

Typically, delegate distribution is meant to reflect the state’s caucus vote, which took place on February 4, with Romney winning more than 50 percent of the votes cast. National Republicans are concerned that Paul-friendly delegates will use their power in Nevada to game the state convention in Sparks, Nevada this weekend, thus opening the possibility that they will send a delegation to Tampa this summer that will flout party rules and support their candidate over the party’s nominee.

Las Vegas Sun columnist Jon Ralston wrote that Nevada’s GOP chair McDonald is “close to some of the Paul folks. He adds that he doesn’t think Paul’s supporters “respect authority too much,” which creates the distinct possibility of havoc this weekend, a prospect that Ralston finds “too delicious.”

Paul himself expressed optimism in an interview with Bloomberg TV on Monday.

“Just look at this last week,” he said, “The news is very favorable to us. We could even end up winning Iowa, ironically enough. In Minnesota, we’re doing well, and Maine, Nevada and Missouri. We’re doing very, very well. Some of the states we could very well win or come up very much because the delegate process is completely different than these straw votes. We’re pleased … It’s another month or so until they count all the delegates and we find out where we stand.”

Initial vote counts said that Mitt Romney won the Iowa caucus, which was one of the earliest primary votes, held on January 3. Recounts have since then shown that the majority of votes in the state were actually won by Paul.

This just proves the media's collaboration to try to suppress RP.

My link

It's disheartening to see/read/hear of this kind of corruption taking place. Our system has become so corrupt. I pray for divine intervention, that God would find just one righteous person to save us from this corruption. There were those who fought along side of our founding fathers and weren't able to sign the declaration of independence, constitution and our bill of rights because they died in battle. I pray that we don't have to go down that road again but it's looking like we may.

• Upvote 1

http://www.nevadagop.org/nvgop-caucus-results-certified/ LINK

Dive can you post your link to show Ron Paul won 50 percent of the vote?

Mitt Romney won 50 percent of the vote Dr Paul was 3rd with 18.7 Percent so can you show us the link that states otherwise. Not the Results of delegate total from the take over of the selection of delegate process.

NVGOP Caucus Results Certified

Romney wins, Gingrich 2nd, Paul 3rd, Santorum 4th

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – The Nevada Republican Party (NVGOP) has certified the results of the 2012 Nevada Republican Caucus, officially declaring Governor Mitt Romney the winner. This evening the NVGOP received final certified ballot counts from the Clark County Republican Party and final statewide totals were certified by the NVGOP Executive Board as required by party rules.

Party rules state that NVGOP must certify the entire state within a day of the caucus. The final results have been reviewed by the presidential campaigns and unanimously certified by the Nevada GOP Executive Board to ensure accuracy and transparency. While in some states it takes days or weeks to complete certification, NVGOP certified the results in less than a day. Results as follows:

Nevada Caucus

February 4, 2012

100% reporting (1800/1800)

All Candidates

Romney

50.0%

Gingrich

21.1%

Paul

18.7%

Santorum

9.9%

Acting Nevada Republican Party Chairman James Smack and Secretary Jim DeGraffenried issued the following statements:

“The Nevada Republican Party congratulates Governor Mitt Romney on his victory as well as the entire field for their participation in the caucuses,” said acting Chairman James Smack. “Republicans in Nevada are moving in the right direction, we continue to register more voters than the Democratic Party, and we are enthusiastic to move forward after our caucuses to beat Barack Obama and build on our GOP victories in 2010,” Smack continued.

“This evening after a unanimous approval by the Nevada GOP Executive Board, consultation with the presidential campaigns, I have officially certified the 2012 Nevada Caucus results,” said DeGraffenried.

• Upvote 4

Ron Paul campaign will continue the convention strategy, despite RNC threat

Supporters of presidential candidate U.S. Rep. Ron Paul said Thursday that they will continue their strategy to elect as many Paul supporters as possible as delegates to the national convention during Saturday’s state GOP convention — despite written threats from the Republican National Committee.

The RNC, in a letter sent to state GOP Chairman Michael McDonald, threatened to bar the Nevada delegation from the national convention in Tampa, Fla., if it is stacked with supporters of Paul, R-Texas. It was the second in a week sent by the RNC. In an earlier letter, dated April 30 and posted online by Las Vegas Sun political writer Jon Ralston, Phillippe opined that unbinding the Nevada delegation from the results of the Nevada presidential caucus would be “impermissible.”

Yet, Carl Bunce, chairman of Paul’s campaign in Nevada, said he will continue his strategy of electing as many Paul supporters as possible to Nevada’s national delegation on Saturday at the state convention at John Ascuaga’s Nugget in Sparks.

Bunce noted that his campaign is only following the rules of the party by trying to pack the convention with Paul supporters. He noted former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney’s campaign also could try to pack the campaign with his supporters and be within the rules.

Bunce called the letter, written by RNC chief counsel John R. Phillippe Jr., “a creative writing assignment given to them by the Romney campaign to threaten the Paul supporters and Ron Paul campaign.

“It’s ridiculous. It is nothing more than a veiled threat.”

More at link...

http://www.rgj.com/a...pite-RNC-threat

:cigar:

ron-paul-revolution_9382782.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.nevadagop.org/nvgop-caucus-results-certified/ LINK

Dive can you post your link to show Ron Paul won 50 percent of the vote?

My link

You have missed the point TP.

The inconclusive results so far has RP winning it.

There was so much fraud in the GOP reporting that there is now a tally for each states voters to register their votes after the respective caucus and primaries.

Because of this the GOP has no choice but to try and rig the RNC by refusing to allow any delegates that do not support their puppet.

Can you see what this means?

The Ron Paul campaign has begun to instil real hope in real people.

As a matter of fact we CAN make a difference.

We CAN force the government to represent The People instead of oppressing us.

We CAN refuse to be forced to capitulate to unethical corporatism through corrupt self-serving politicians.

I think you are ready too, aren't you?

after 8 years of Bush it was obvious the old GOP style was not going to work.

Now after only 3 years of liberal progressiveness it is obvious that is not the way either.

Time for a "new" thing.

Time to go back to the founding principals.

That ALL humans are created EQUAL.

That each Human has RIGHTS, evidenced through life. Not privileges bestowed by a benevolent government.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 3

LOL, isn't that copy write infringement 40?

LOL yes it would be if he did not supply the link to where he retrieved it from, duh. You really do not know much. By the way, when we say Ron Paul won over half of the DELEGATES, that does not mean vote, duh again.

The whole voting process has become corrupt. Between the media manipulating the weaks minds and the present administration manipulating the weaknesses in the system, I am afraid the next election is going to be little more than a farce.

My link

You have missed the point TP.

The inconclusive results so far has RP winning it.

There was so much fraud in the GOP reporting that there is now a tally for each states voters to register their votes after the respective caucus and primaries.

Because of this the GOP has no choice but to try and rig the RNC by refusing to allow any delegates that do not support their puppet.

Can you see what this means?

The Ron Paul campaign has begun to instil real hope in real people.

As a matter of fact we CAN make a difference.

We CAN force the government to represent The People instead of oppressing us.

We CAN refuse to be forced to capitulate to unethical corporatism through corrupt self-serving politicians.

I think you are ready too, aren't you?

after 8 years of Bush it was obvious the old GOP style was not going to work.

Now after only 3 years of liberal progressiveness it is obvious that is not the way either.

Time for a "new" thing.

Time to go back to the founding principals.

That ALL humans are created EQUAL.

That each Human has RIGHTS, evidenced through life. Not privileges bestowed by a benevolent government.

Can you prove this fraud or is this another opinion you happen to find on the internet.

LOL yes it would be if he did not supply the link to where he retrieved it from, duh. You really do not know much. By the way, when we say Ron Paul won over half of the DELEGATES, that does not mean vote, duh again.

Scrum, please sir Dr Paul had not won over half the delegates that is just some wishful thinking if said enough someone will start to believe it. I don't.

""""Even some left wing politicos are starting to support RP""" Oops this lost me :unsure:

uh, excuse me again, here's some "unfortunate" facts;

Support for Ron Paul

from the Left:

The following is a Democrat / Liberal viewpoint on why it is important for everyone, regardless of party affiliation, to support Ron Paul in his bid to win the Republican party nomination.

My link

an excerpt

"It is purely self interest for Democrats to support and encourage

those within the Republican party who are real,

Constitution-respecting, small government conservatives to retake

their party. The fascist wing of the GOP doesn't see the Democratic

party, or any opposition, as legitimate; real conservatives do. We are

in the fight of our lives against those who would make opposition to

their designs to radically alter our society a crime and use the

powers of government to destroy their enemies. Our natural allies in

that fight are not just other liberals (we are weakened if we limit

our alliances such) but those in the other party who are just as

disturbed by the past 6 years as we."

Another articel

Ron Paul Debate Flushes Out Gender-Baiting Right Wing Opportunists Masquerading as Progressives

My link

It should not be controversial to point out that the Democratic party uses identity politics as a cover for its policy of selling out the middle class to banks and big corporate interests, just on a slower and stealthier basis than the right. And we’ve seen the identity card used in a remarkably dishonest manner in this Ron Paul contretemps.

The strategy used is shameless straw manning in combination with gender baiting. Both Katha Pollitt (in “Progressive Man Crushes on Ron Paul“) and Megan Carpentier (“Ron Paul’s useful idiots on the left“) grossly misrepresent Glenn Greenwald’s posts on Paul, in which he says repeatedly that he is talking about broad policy issues, and not standing behind any candidate:

I’m about to discuss the candidacies of Barack Obama and Ron Paul, and no matter how many times I say that I am not “endorsing” or expressing support for anyone’s candidacy, the simple-minded Manicheans and the lying partisan enforcers will claim the opposite…”There are, as I indicated, all sorts of legitimate reasons for progressives to oppose Ron Paul’s candidacy on the whole.

What does this become in Pollitt’s piece? She depicts Greenwald as being on a par with Ron Paul enthusiasts like Andrew Cockburn:

Salon’s Glenn Greenwald is so outraged that progressives haven’t abandoned the warmongering, drone-sending, indefinite-detention-supporting Obama for Paul that he accuses them of supporting the murder of Muslim children…And yes, these are all white men; if there are leftish white women and people of color who admire Paul, they’re keeping pretty quiet.

I could go on but what's the point.

The only thing remaining is for the polar dividers to compel people to vote for the establishment candidates through fear and intimidation.

They will try to force some into voting for no one other than a black man, or to vote for someone else for no other reason than the insecurity of not having troops around the world tn order to be the global bully.

Their "arguments" are falling apart as quickly as the obummer facade did.