Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki is close to the Arab summit "significant economic achievement" for Iraq.

Maliki is close to the Arab summit "significant economic achievement" for Iraq.

MONDAY, MARCH 26 / MARCH 2012 08:51

Twilight News / count close to Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Monday, the Arab summit conference in Baghdad, "a great economic achievement" for Iraq, noting that money spent to set up the summit helped to provide many services to the Iraqi people.

summit.jpgThe MP said a member of the Committee of Economy and Investment, Salman al-Musawi's "Twilight News", "the Arab summit conference in Baghdad, will open the door to closer economic and wide with the Arab countries, especially in the meeting of economic ministers Arabs, and this is an achievement economically significant for Iraq."

He explained that "there are many Arab countries sent signals reflect the willingness to invest and set up many service projects and production in Iraq."

And the al-Moussawi said, "What was said about the exchange amounts exceed one billion dollars on top no truth to it, and the real number does not exceed 500 million dollars."

It is scheduled to hold the Arab summit in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad in the 29 of March, to be preceded by two days for a meeting of Arab ministers of economy and one day for a meeting of Arab foreign ministers.

He said, "This money did not go in vain, but the government was able to develop a lot of service facilities, such as the Baghdad airport and hotels, as well as parks and roads, all of which will end the services benefit the Iraqi people."

The head of the Iraqi Federation of Industries firm Atraqchi detection for "Twilight News", on Sunday, said that "expenditures government in preparation for the Arab summit conference approached billion dollars, while the economic benefit Almertjah of which may not worth to lose Iraq every day, in addition to the loss at the economic level result of disruption for 10 or 15 days. "

According to parliamentary sources that Iraq had spent more than a billion and a quarter billion dollars during 2011 and 2012 in preparation for the Arab summit.

These amounts were distributed on the maintenance of the main hotels and the streets near the venue of the meeting of Arab leaders in the Green Zone, the center of the capital.

The member of the parliamentary Finance Committee Faleh applicable, that the financial allocations for the summit entrusted to each of the Baghdad Municipality and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Link:http://translate.goo...-----q--q-.html

• Upvote 2

wow they spent $1.25 Billion ..... in preparations for the summit ....... WTF !!

Hey Shabs where is our RV !! ..... you better do it quick before you have to start those credit card payments from the summit lol

Instead of spending that money on trees they could've bought all my dinars back, just saying.

laugh.gif Machine and Tony.... I'm suspecting they could have bought all our dinar back for the cost of these renovations... unless... this is all in the plan to get them back to the head of the pack, getting the support of their M.E. neighbors again and looking good at all the block parties! wink.gif

laugh.gif Machine and Tony.... I'm suspecting they could have bought all our dinar back for the cost of these renovations... unless... this is all in the plan to get them back to the head of the pack, getting the support of their M.E. neighbors again and looking good at all the block parties! wink.gif

They're trying their best to impress their neighbors, and hopefully get some help getting out of the rut they're in.

• Upvote 1

I figured at some point the powers that be would have to at least attempt to "sell" the idea of the Arab summit and justify the costs to the average Iraqi citizen. I mean, imagine being your basic average poor Iraqi hearing about this multi-million dollar event that he doesn't necessarily support or understand. I feel like this article is an attempt towards that end.

• Upvote 1

These Iraqi people are doing this thing in style. That sure is a nice looking building. Go head on Iraq !!!! I aint mad AT YA. I just pray after this summit meeting is over with and done that all agreements have been reached and all arrangements made for their people and for us(ha,ha). Lets get this RV going.

• Upvote 1