Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bloomington, Indiana

umbertino

Wow! Didn't realize how nice Bloomington, Indiana was. Thank you for sharing this! When I first read your post, I thought "What? An Italian in Indiana...must be like a fish out of water". But after seeing the architecture, the landscape and the cosmopolitan way of life there, I thought, yup, umbertino would fit in nicely! Hey, I bet you were a Starlite drive-in theater local, too! I know in Spain, there were several outdoor theaters when I visited (but, they weren't drive-in's. They were walk-in's and you sat in chairs. Pretty neat, though).

• Downvote 1

Wow! Didn't realize how nice Bloomington, Indiana was. Thank you for sharing this! When I first read your post, I thought "What? An Italian in Indiana...must be like a fish out of water". But after seeing the architecture, the landscape and the cosmopolitan way of life there, I thought, yup, umbertino would fit in nicely! Hey, I bet you were a Starlite drive-in theater local, too! I know in Spain, there were several outdoor theaters when I visited (but, they weren't drive-in's. They were walk-in's and you sat in chairs. Pretty neat, though).

Thank you my Friend.... I did a year of voluntary work there in a day-care center for low income kids and it was quite an experience.. In my free time I would hang around the University and meet people there and join groups ( I was heavily into Politics at the time..meetings, rallies, etc.....smile).. I had a great time.....

• Upvote 1

Thank you my Friend.... I did a year of voluntary work there in a day-care center for low income kids and it was quite an experience.. In my free time I would hang around the University and meet people there and join groups ( I was heavily into Politics at the time..meetings, rallies, etc.....smile).. I had a great time.....

Wow! I didn't know that about you! What a sweet guy, you are! :)

• Downvote 1

My mom was born in Bloomington and alot of my people are form around that area.

It's a great place... I hope I'll visit again one of these days ( months, years...smile)..

Most likely I won't recognize anything after 30 plus years......At the timeI was there I had gotten a discreet mastery at orienting myself through the area......

I used to live in an area called "Pigeon Hill"... Worked at the MCUM ( Monroe County United Ministries) day- care center ( Christian Center)

Wow! I didn't know that about you! What a sweet guy, you are! :)

You're very kind......Thanks my Friend.

I appeared 2 or 3 times on the local paper ( Herald-Telephone)... Once for the interview to the "Roman Catholic" ( they defined me that way... smile) guy volunteering at the Christian Center... And another couple of times for rallies where I'd be in the front line....

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

I bet you can get a good Cheeseburger down by the College.........tongue.gif

Well... Honestly I was never into hamburgers or cheeseburgers while instead appreciating other typical American dishes like for example... PANCAKES...I used to adore them......

One of the places I'd love going to was an "all you can eat" restaurant where I'd get as many re-fills of lasagna and salad as I wanted..... for only $2.75 ( we're talking 1980/81).. The all you can eat thing was a formula unknown to me cos there was nothing like this in Italy at that time ( I suspect not even now)