Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

TARGET DATE FOR NATIONAL MEETING

shabbadude

I know everybody is getting all giddy over the Summit. All the signs seem to be in place for an RV right? Massive security in place, 3 days off, city shutting down, borders semi shut, reports of Iraqi's ready to party, the National Conference will take place before the Summit.... ooops, wait a minute:

Baghdad/ NINA/--The National Alliance coalition confirmed convening the national meeting of political blocs leaders after holding the Arab summit in light that the Preparatory Committee for holding the summit recently reached to a formula for the semi-final draft of the agenda of the planned meeting.

A statement issued after a meeting held last night, headed by Dr. Ibrahim al-Jaafari, head of the coalition said : " The alliance provides the requirements of the meeting, stressing on the necessity of respect of the independence of the judiciary , stressing that the Arab summit of Baghdad will develop the joint Arab action away from discussing the internal problems. "/ End [/font]

Semi final draft? It looks like even the Summit can't get these people to put their stick on the ice!

Like everyone else I want this thing to end, and end well. Even with all of the good news, the basics haven't been reported yet: Security Minister seated, Erbil agreement, financial laws passed and chapter 7 not released (UN to meet in June to review).

Let's not get all hot 'n bothered over what most likely is Iraq's dog and pony show for the Summit. Just like they coached is in football, stick to the fundamentals and you'll be successful.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

***///

I think they've already had it - done on the down low so as not to attract attention....

I call smoke, even though it appears a lack of fire!... :P

I agree Seargent.. Correct me if I'm wrong but, if there's this "media blackout" going on as we speak.. Then why is there articles and such still feeding into the media? Makes no sense, I believe it is SMOKE as well

• Upvote 2

I agree Seargent.. Correct me if I'm wrong but, if there's this "media blackout" going on as we speak.. Then why is there articles and such still feeding into the media? Makes no sense, I believe it is SMOKE as well

Good morning Gentlemen,

Sarge, I respect your opinions and get a kick out of your sense of humor. :tiphat:

For argument's sake, I read two articles, one from Aswat al Iraq, the other from KUNA that both state the date for the National Conference will be April 5th.

Here's a link for KUNA:

http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticlePrintPage.aspx?id=2229592&mode=DOC&language=en

I read the articles last week regarding the news black out, but if I understood them correctly, it will begin at the start of the Summit 3/29/12.

Could it be "smoke", sure anything is possible.

What do you guy's have besides that back up your opinions?