Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Site Economic Data Changes

fnbplanet

I watch for differences/updates to CBI site's Economic Data. Sorry I didn't catch this earlier today......

M2 growth over 5%? Somebody doing some LD printing?

ECONOMIC DATA Jan 16, 2012

Interest rates

CBI policy rate (valid from 1 Apr 2010) 6%

IQD 7 day deposit 4%

Primary credit facility 8%

Economic indicators

Core inflation (YoY): Dec 2011 6.97%

Inflation (YoY): Dec 2011 6.02%

M2 growth (YoY): Oct 2011 17.2%

For 2011F:

GDP - real growth rate 9.6%

Budget deficit/GDP 13.7%

Current account deficit/GDP 0.9%

Net foreign reserves $60B

ECONOMIC DATA Jan. 24, 2012

Interest rates

CBI policy rate (valid from 1 Apr 2010) 6%

IQD 7 day deposit 4%

Primary credit facility 8%

Economic indicators

Core inflation (YoY): Dec 2011 6.97%

Inflation (YoY): Dec 2011 6.02%

M2 growth (YoY): Nov 2011 22.4%

For 2011F:

GDP - real growth rate 9.6%

Budget deficit/GDP 13.7%

Current account deficit/GDP 0.9%

Net foreign reserves $60B

My link

Ummm, at the risk of looking blonde (ok, I am blonde), would you please explain the significance of this, fnb. In English, please... :unsure:

KK

I'm not a blonde, but I have to agree with you. I wish when all these quotes and numbers are posted a simple explanation would help.

But I do appreciate all the information that is passed on to us. I thank you all for your time and effort in researching. :)

I'm not a blonde, but I have to agree with you. I wish when all these quotes and numbers are posted a simple explanation would help.

But I do appreciate all the information that is passed on to us. I thank you all for your time and effort in researching. :)

I ain't blonde nor a woman, and I don't understand it!

"I'm not a smart man..." - Forrest Gump

Git 'R(V) Done!

The M2 represents the amount of currency the CBI has. This raise in the bold print shows an increase between Oct and Nov of last year. He is speculating that this increase was the lower denomination notes being printed. And that they are lying in wait for the redenomination/RV. Let me know if I am off on that.

The M2 represents the amount of currency the CBI has. This raise in the bold print shows an increase between Oct and Nov of last year. He is speculating that this increase was the lower denomination notes being printed. And that they are lying in wait for the redenomination/RV. Let me know if I am off on that.

Thanks, Spud, that makes sense. I used to be smart... Really... I promise..

KK

This pretty much sums up what I insinuated. (BTW, I have blonde hairs on my arms).

The M2 is possibly new money printed to replace worn out or missing hard cash. This is a rather significant increase, almost enough to say, even mint coins for 30 million people (if the small denominations are already printed, as some may think).

Some say that there's 30 trillion dinars in circulation now. If true, this would be an increase of 1.5 Trillion. More than enough to mint the first round of coins. I think 30 trillion is WAY high. They are a cash society, and wear their money out many times faster than we do, PLUS - some of it is outside of the country (like in my safety deposit box at the bank).

Is this to say that all uncirculated currency is counted only in the M2 column?

If it's already at the various locations of the CBI, then, IMO, it's M2.