Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll be joining you if this RV comes through soon enough! Otherwise I'll be at home working, fighting off jealousy & being happy I have a job ; )

And yes, it's wonderful to have at least one Iraqi here! Netinfo, pls instruct us about cultural issues where there's a need. I'm a US writer and often have to call on a UK friend for some "English-to-English" translation, and we use the same alphabet! And there are always cultural differences to misinterpret...

That's cool!!! Do you mean that if the dinar comes through that you will be going on that exact trip with Perry Stone in Nov? Or just that you love ancient history and want to go to the Holy Lands some time?

lynnkit,

I think your minister is referring to us, the Chaldean (or Babylonian) and Assyrian (or Ninevite) people, who are still present in the villages of Iraq. We are located mainly in the northern Iraqi region of Mosul, but there are some of us in the capital of Baghdad, and some are also found in the southern region of Basra. However, the language that was in the area of Abraham and which Abraham spoke in about the 2nd millennium BC, known as Akkadian, was then largely replaced by Aramaic about a millennium later.

So, in our modern times, I'm not aware of any group that continues to speak the ancient Akkadian as a day to day language, though a few of our people still have a hobby of writing in Akkadian cuneiform. Aramaic became the dominant language of the Chaldeans and Assyrians, and several groups to this day continue to utililze the various dialects of Aramaic, both in its classical form and in its modern forms. Us the Christians (Chaldeans, Assyrians, Syriacs) continue to utilize it, as well as, some Jews, and also a group of John the Baptist followers known as the Mandaeans.

I hope that you will enjoy your time in the Holy Land!

And yes, may Our Lord Come! Maran Iesho' Msheeha bless you!

netinfo

Fascinating !!! Thank you for taking the time to respond. It would be really cool to have your family roots in the same area where it all began, nad the history over there is just so awesome.

Brother... everytime I see an avatar that has a round hillbilly with suspenders and a jug of moonshine I am going to wonder if that is netinfo. Love your story and have appreciated your insight on here. Don't be ridiculous... you know you will find one final and silent alias in here and still be contributing. Your going to be hounded for translations now. Why...You are probably posting yourself in this thread just to throw us off. hahaha

Do you think you could help me become Facebook friends with Maliki?

HE HE HE this is too funny !

Netinfo thank you for your honesty and willingness to be transparent, we appreciate your input and encourage you to share your views and perspective with us. I also am of Arab descent not born in the middle east but my parents were Syrian, i am also a believer and see this investment in the Iraqi dinar as a spiritual inheritance. You must be proud of your country [iraq] and the progress they have made over these last seven years.

I pray that this weekend's election will result in a positive outcome for the people of Iraq and that the man chosen to run your country will continue to aid Iraq in regaining not only global positioning but aid the Iraqi citizens to have a better quality of life not only in the revaluation of their currency but thru the assurance of freedom for them and their future generations.

Blessings Jewel

EagleEye,

I wrote a research paper for one of my Theology courses in regards the apostolic foundation of the Church of the East, and I devoted almost 6 pages to the four main founders: Sts. Thomas and Addai are the well known founders, and Sts. Aggai and Mari are not as well known, but also important for us the in the Catholic Church of Mesopotamia and the East. I can always send you the paper whenever you like, and if you wanted to discuss more about Thomas, Addai, Aggai, and Mari, I wouldn't mind if you make a thread in the off topic section. Here is some basic info. on the lesser known disciples:

Aggai succeeded Addai in governing the Church in Edessa, and was eventually martyred by the unbelieving son of the noble king Abgar Ukama, during the time when the son became a king himself after his father died.

Mari is credited with Addai as the founders of the Assyrian-Chaldean worship service, often known in scholarship as the liturgy or anaphora of Addai and Mari. Mari is the missionary to Babylonia, which at the time, was part of the Parthian or Persian Empire. He was sent by Addai eastward to Nisibis, then descended to Arbela (Erbil), and further south until he reached Seleucia on the river Tigris and Ctesiphon in Babylonia. He established in this area the first church.

It's awesome that you've received a doctorate in Theology, that's pretty cool. Take care,

netinfo

netinfo...I would be delighted and honored to read your paper and will indeed start a post in the off topic section...in this short post you have already given more info about Addai than my "colleagues" have found...I am working on a new book that I will also share with you....My first book was published by Servant Press (Catholic Publisher)....it went into about 16 languages and still is being read...thanks again for your honesty and openess...be blessed

Thanks for being on this site and greatly appreciate your translations...we will be in san diego soon and will send u a notice of our dates. I live in the bay area just north of you. Have in-laws in south LA.

Regards,

Ric

Ric,

Sure, whenever you desire to come, you can let me know.

netinfo

Netinfo, dont go away. You are adding a dimension to this website that we need. The interpretation factor is really a big deal. We could use your help on the website. I know how time consuming the chatroom is, but, you could still monitor the posts and give us your opinions. Thanks,

One question in all seriousness....Why did you want to create a wrold on this website like you did? Please don't answer on here, just PM (personal meesage) me. I want to believe you.

Thanks.

gankans,

There is something wrong with my PM feature. I tried to send a PM in the past to someone, but the system didn't allow me to send it successfully. So, I'm going to give an answer here, since I don't mind doing so publicly, and others might be thinking the same as you, so it would answer their curiosity as well.

As I briefly explained in my first post, creating a world like that was entertaining for me. It was like I was an actor in a movie, and I was choosing my roles. It was a way for me to escape my own reality and enter into a world of my own choosing. I knew that if I would have identified myself from the beginning as a native of Iraq, then I wouldn't have had the chance to play out this Western movie. I'm not really sure how else to explain it.

Suppose it was the other way around, and a Western guy has just entered an Iraqi chat room filled with Easterners, and everyone is speaking Arabic, and he learned Arabic and so was happy to engage in Arabic entertainment with these folks, playing roles like the classics of Ali Baba, and Aladin, or something more common in their life, like a desert bedouin, or an imam of a mosque, etc. The Westerner would try and see if he can fit in and become like one of them, engaging with them in their life and entertainment. The Westerner would try and see how far he can actually pull this off, to see how closely and perfectly he can play a role foreign to him, and do it so well in a foreign world.

So, it was exciting for me to create this world, and see how far I can make it believable without being detected. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, and I am sorry if I caused anyone any emotional harm because of anything I've said and done.

I hope that answers the question.

netinfo

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own .GOD MADE YOU AND ME AND THATS ALL IT MATTERS

archie,

Thank you for quoting the Holy Scriptures, and may God bless you.

netinfo

I don't blame you one little bit for hiding your identity. You would have been inundated with 1,000's of questions that probably would have made you crazy! lol I feel nothing but compassion for the Iraqi people and for all the middle-easterners in war (seems like since the beginning of time itself)... actually anyone in war, it's Tragic for anyone to be in that position, soldiers, civilians, anyone! However, with that being said, I am very patriotic and I am also married to an Egyptian and I lived there for 18 months only. I fell in love with the people and they with me. The capacity to look beyond nationality is a great thing and to see people for who they are is a blessing. Please, please stay a part of this chatroom. Your insight is invaluable. I am not speaking for the RV, but to educate people as to the real, kind, loving nature of middle-easterners. I try, but like I said, I only lived there 18 months. Thank you! And God Bless. Asalaamu Alaikum, Jazakallah!

Mesha,

wAlaikum Asalaam waRahmatullahi waBarakatahu!

Thank you for the post. I will try as much as I am able to contribute in the future to this forum and chatroom, God willing. Take care and be blessed.

netinfo

That's cool!!! Do you mean that if the dinar comes through that you will be going on that exact trip with Perry Stone in Nov? Or just that you love ancient history and want to go to the Holy Lands some time?

Lynnkit,

Yes to both! His latest book (Nightmare along Pennsylvania Avenue) arrived this week but I haven't been able to start it yet. But I'm sure ppl here are more interested in dinars than in Perry Stone ; ) Email me at explorefhtm@gmail.com if you'd like (I don't have PM access here). I'll go look for the off-topic area too. Regardless, ENJOY your trip! If we all get dinar treats in time, I'll be joining you.

How very interesting netinfo. It's was nice to read of your background and to learn that you are a Christian makes it all that much more intriguing. I've often thought how fitting it would be to have a blessing like an RV come from a place where it all began. Please continue to let us hear from you and GOD BLESS.

HERC,

Yes, we ancient Christians are still present in the Middle East, despite the persecutions and martyrdoms that we've suffered throughout the 2000 years since the time of the Lord Jesus. Thank you for the note, and may God bless you as well.

netinfo

Thanks to you, Netinfo, for the fantastic post and for the fact that you trust us with your history. By reading all of the replies to you, you have touched all our hearts! I continue to be impressed with the way your culture has such deep respect for education. I agree with Mesha, about not blaming you for hiding your identity. People can be cruel, they would want to use you up because of only thinking about themselves. Best wishes to you and I do hope you stay with us on the forum/chat! Thanks again!

mongoose,

You're welcome, and I too hope that I will be able to frequent this forum and chatroom more and more, depending on the responsibilities of my life, and the availability of my free time which I can apportion between this site and various other types of sites that I check on the net. Take care.

netinfo

I'm sure that chat is kind of like America. A lot of people from many different backgrounds, racial and every other way we can be different. Thanks for your post, insight, and the good read. I hope all continues to go well for you and God bless.

nrwst,

I pray that all goes well for you as well, and may the Lord bless your life.

netinfo

Everyone, I have an exam on Monday night, which I would need to prepare for during this weekend. I've been slacking somewhat on my studies, so I'll need to catch up on that. God willing, I'll be back to continue posting here on either late Monday night (after school), or on Tuesday.

EagleEye, I will likewise make a post in your new thread late on Monday or on Tuesday.

Take care,

netinfo