Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I was in Tallil which is the base right outside of Ur, and had the opportunity to climb to the top of the Zigurrat and tour through Abraham's House, which was amazing in itself 27 rooms! I've also been to Abraham's Well in Al Asad. The history here is amazing, and hopefully one day the country will capitalize on that as well.

I actually attended a Maronite Church in Fayetteville North Carolina that spoke and did their hyms in Aramaic, such a beautiful language as well.

Chief V,

It's awesome that you visited the house and well of Abraham! I lived most of my early childhood in Baghdad, and occasionally we would travel to northern Iraq to meet some relatives there in the town of Tel Kaif (or Tel Keppe), but I never had the chance to visit a ziggurat and climb on top of it, or do other kinds of sightseeing in Iraq. Hopefully, one day, I'll go back and visit again, I still have some relatives there.

Yes the Aramaic dialect of the Maronite Church (and also the Syriac Church) is quiet beautiful, and known as Western Aramaic, as opposed to, Eastern Aramaic which is what we Chaldeans and Assyrians speak. In the ancient world, the dividing line between the Roman Empire and the Persian Empire was the Euphrates River, and so some of Aramaic-speaking people fell to the west of this river, and others fell to the east of the river.

netinfo

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a possiblity that you will continue to translate the information coming out of Iraq for us? That is, in my opinion, the biggest obstacle we face here is being able to obtain accurate information. As you know Google translation distorts the language so grossly that it is at times literally unintelligable.

In any event, if you would consider helping us with accurate translations of the articles, I for one would greatly appreciate it.

Barbann,

I will try as best as I can to translate more in the future, depending on the amount of time that I can devote to this site. My studies and other events in my life will have to come first, but on my free time, if some controversial document comes up, I can then try and look at the Arabic.

netinfo

Netinfo, I do hope you get the opportunity to come back here and see your family and some of the sites. I want to see everything myself, I've flown over a few of them that I haven't been to in a helicopter, but never got a really good picture from the air.

What really amazed me about the Maronite Church was that all prayers were also sung, which made it even more beautiful.

God Bless and thank you,

V

Don't get me wrong ... I want to make a good return on my dinar investment ... but I would also like to know how this affects the people in Iraq. What does this really mean to them in their daily lives? What are the hopes and dreams of the people ... your family and friends who still live in Iraq and those who live elsewhere now. We cannot become better world citizens without truly understanding and caring about the citizens of the world.

I understand your time is limited ... but I have appreciated your comments and especially the translations ... so I hope you will spend more time with us. I'd love to see a thread with a more humanitarian focus ... educate us!

Blessings to you!

luckylucy,

The hopes and dreams of the Iraqi people is to be able to live in a society free from war, turmoil, and poverty. They desire to maintain their family, ethnic, and religious traditions, and celebrate them freely without fear of violence and inter-sect troubles. This is especially the case with us the Christians, since we are a minority there, and who have seen our share of suffering and martyrdom for the Christian faith. We denounce violence against us, but we are always ready to die for the faith when violence does come, like in the case of the martyrdom of our Chaldean priest Fr. Ragheed Ganni, and archbishop Mar Paulos Rahho.

The rebuilding of Iraq, politically, economically, and socially, is a step forward in the direction of peace for Iraq. A strong currency is just one of several aspects (others being security, political stability, religious freedom, etc.) that Iraqis are looking forward to in their quest for becoming a major and important center of progress and voice in the Middle East.

I'll try and post more humanitarian-related information in the future, if the necessity arises.

netinfo

good stuff ... it is a necessity that you share, in my opinion. how else will we really know and understand. all this money we hope to get is meaningless in the end ... if we don't care about one another and want the best for others. Thank you for sharing!

Jeanette aka luckylucy

Netinfo. Please harbor no ill feelings for us, we still welcome you in our comunity.You will be surprised how many folks in here are not who they seem. You are not alone.. Knowing what we know about you, I personaly would enjoy you comming into the chat and enlighten us about the culture you are so proud of . Especially when we get it wrong.

brokendiver5,

Don't worry, I harbor no ill feelings towards anyone, and I respect the West as the other side of the one human family of God. I'll try as much as I can to give more insights into my culture in the near future.

netinfo

ALooooha! Netinfo, I to want to thank you for a Great post!, ALso for sharing part of your past history in Iraq. I can speak for my self and seeing the others response, well, I am glad I had the opportunity to read your magnificent post. Please drop in every now and then, even if its just to say hello.

Mahalo,

bjdksl

Netifo,.....I am very impressed. Very interesting read about your life and culture. I am in Temecula, not far from you. Would be a pleasure to meet you, brother. You have quite a story.

bmrlaone,

Thanks. At any time, if you are interested in meeting me and my community, you can send me a message in regards to when you would like to meet, and we can go from there. My church community has services every day, with Sunday being the major day.

Note to others: For anyone else who may like to meet me and my community some day, you can likewise do the same, just send me a message as to the day that you would like to meet, and I'll look at my times for that day, and we can go from there. I think the best day would be Sunday, since that is the day when a lot of the Chaldeans will be gathered for the liturgical or worship service.

netinfo

If health care does not end up working out for you, a couple of other fields have opened up -- we now know you'd make a great author, and for sure you'd be good in Intelligence (double agent?) :-) Good luck, you are a great guy!

jwb,

I've always liked to be an author one day, so maybe I'll write a book in the future, if God wills it. As for intelligence, hmm, that sounds intriguing, but I suppose I would have to work for a news organization in order for my intelligence to be most effective. I pray that the career in health field works out, because I think that's the best route to go as far as job security and compensation.

netinfo

Netinfo, i am glad you have come clean, good to know we have an Iraqi on board...i spent 4 years there came home last year...i miss the place and the people, well most of em some of them kept shooting at me

sandy040,

Thanks for your service in liberating Iraq from Saddam's regime.

netinfo

Thank you for your honesty and willingness to be a part of this great event for Iraq and us as well. Its no doubt that Iraq could bless many people inside and outside of its borders if it chooses to. I'm sure you insight will be welcomed. Thanks.

pegsue,

I pray that Iraq will be a blessing for you and your family.

netinfo

Netinfo, I just appreciate all the knowledge you have shared with us. I hope you will drop in from time to time just to let us know how things are going with you. I wish you only the best and I know God is in control!

ggast,

Thanks, and yes, God is always in control!

netinfo

Well said. You have always acted with the upmost respect and patience in this chat room. That is why I 'noticed' you a long time ago. I appreciate your honesty and I look forward to chatting with you even more.....you are certainly part of our dysfunctional dinar family whether you like it or not. Keep up the good work!

Nance,

Thank you, and I hope to contribute what I can in the future for the benefit of the members.

netinfo

I am also a returnee to university--to a health field! Good luck and God less you. Thank you for such an honest letter and please know you are loved and appreciated just for who God made you to be!

Lyn LaVigne,

That's awesome! I hope you do well in your studies, and may God bless you abundantly.

netinfo

Don't abandon us. As some of the others have stated we need a good translator. Good luck and we hope to see you in the chat room.

jackdavis1364,

I'll try my best to contribute more in the future, depending on the availability of my free time.

netinfo

Netinfo, i am sending you a pm

Sunglass,

I haven't received the PM, and I think my account does not allow the reception of PMs, for some reason, because this is the message that shows up in my account under Folder Controls:

"Inbox contains 2 messages. You have 2 messages stored, of a total 0 allowed."

Both of these two PMs were from Admin (Adam) that I got over a month ago. I have not been able to receive any PMs since those two, and I'm not sure why it says that zero PMs are allowed for my account.

netinfo

netinfo thank you for this very informative post....I would very MUCH like to talk with you specifically about this portion of your bio data....and to be especially specific about Sts Thomas, Addai and Mari....though it is NOT revelant to this topic...perhaps should be discussed on the "off topic" thread...for 34 years I have been very much involved in the on-going research into the burial Shroud of Christ....which history and tradition say was brought to Edessa (modern Urfa in Turkey) by Addai.....anyway I would love the opportunity to chat with you re: your Catholic traditions about Thomas and Addai (Mari) is a "new" name to me...Thanks for your info...BTW I have a BS in Engineering, Masters in English Phd's in Ministry and Theology....

EagleEye,

I wrote a research paper for one of my Theology courses in regards the apostolic foundation of the Church of the East, and I devoted almost 6 pages to the four main founders: Sts. Thomas and Addai are the well known founders, and Sts. Aggai and Mari are not as well known, but also important for us the in the Catholic Church of Mesopotamia and the East. I can always send you the paper whenever you like, and if you wanted to discuss more about Thomas, Addai, Aggai, and Mari, I wouldn't mind if you make a thread in the off topic section. Here is some basic info. on the lesser known disciples:

Aggai succeeded Addai in governing the Church in Edessa, and was eventually martyred by the unbelieving son of the noble king Abgar Ukama, during the time when the son became a king himself after his father died.

Mari is credited with Addai as the founders of the Assyrian-Chaldean worship service, often known in scholarship as the liturgy or anaphora of Addai and Mari. Mari is the missionary to Babylonia, which at the time, was part of the Parthian or Persian Empire. He was sent by Addai eastward to Nisibis, then descended to Arbela (Erbil), and further south until he reached Seleucia on the river Tigris and Ctesiphon in Babylonia. He established in this area the first church.

It's awesome that you've received a doctorate in Theology, that's pretty cool. Take care,

netinfo

Alright, I'm done posting for tonight, but hopefully I will get to all the other replies and questions soon. I'll try and respond to everyone with an individual response, and will try to respond to the older posts first and then the newer posts.

God bless,

netinfo