Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

‘Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus’: Controversial Viral Video Logs 10 Million Hits in Four Days

alan_coaks_3

1 - 15 - 2012

A poem I wrote to highlight the difference between Jesus and false religion. In the scriptures Jesus received the most opposition from the most religious people of his day. At it's core Jesus' gospel and the good news of the Cross is in pure opposition to self-righteousness/self-justification. Religion is man centered, Jesus is God-centered. This poem highlights my journey to discover this truth. Religion either ends in pride or despair. Pride because you make a list and can do it and act better than everyone, or despair because you can't do your own list of rules and feel "not good enough" for God. With Jesus though you have humble confident joy because He represents you, you don't represent yourself and His sacrifice is perfect putting us in perfect standing with God!

My link

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

1 - 15 - 2012

A poem I wrote to highlight the difference between Jesus and false religion. In the scriptures Jesus received the most opposition from the most religious people of his day. At it's core Jesus' gospel and the good news of the Cross is in pure opposition to self-righteousness/self-justification. Religion is man centered, Jesus is God-centered. This poem highlights my journey to discover this truth. Religion either ends in pride or despair. Pride because you make a list and can do it and act better than everyone, or despair because you can't do your own list of rules and feel "not good enough" for God. With Jesus though you have humble confident joy because He represents you, you don't represent yourself and His sacrifice is perfect putting us in perfect standing with God!

My link

I want to share this revelation with you.........

The symbol of the cross is a hated thing of Jesus....and Satan uses this symbol on the bibles and on the "church' buildings to mock Jesus.

God Himself shared this truth with me......so now I can share it with you. I pray the Lord guide, shield, and protect you as you move down this path of Truth.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

This too was posted on my FB wall by my sister; shes a friend of his. I dig itl. However, I am confused by you'll Alan_...

were you saying this is your work?

Y'all should check it out. Good stuff for the most pat. I am a fam of spoken word/slam poetry so it spoke to me.

• Upvote 2

The symbol of the cross is a hated thing of Jesus....and Satan uses this symbol on the bibles and on the "church' buildings to mock Jesus.

God Himself shared this truth with me......so now I can share it with you. I pray the Lord guide, shield, and protect you as you move down this path of Truth.

Richman, from your posts I have very serious doubts about any good you are doing for religion, Christianity, or any who would follow your teachings. The cross is not a hated thing! That was Gods idea! Not satans! I challenge you to find one scripture showing the devil had anything whatsoever to do with Calvary! This was Gods ultimate gift to humanity! Sinless blood to cleanse us from our tainted lineage from Adam and our self-inflicted sins! You are obviously liking trying to get people to not read their Bible or attend religious services. Why? Because you are either deluded by the devil or you are outright serving him and trying to make yourself into some religious leader when you obviously have no concept of what you are talking about. I personally don't care for that video or the other one you posted calling Christians "pretenders" People, don't listen to this person. He/she is obviously sowing seeds of deceit. I challenged him on his other video that was the same as this one! Both are nothing more than slaps against religious traditions and Biblical teaching. He wants you to call yourself a Christian but not read your Bible or listen to theological teaching or have religious roots! Get behind me Satan!

• Upvote 4

To see the difference between religion and Christianity is to begin to see the truth in all things.

While the church still has it's purpose, one day a Christian will be called away from the church, to grow in the way God has intended.

This is a crossroads many Christians have passed.

You made a good decision, I pray you will be blessed on your journey.

• Upvote 1

For the word of the cross is o those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18)

For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. (1 Corinthians 2:2)

But may it never be that I should boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, throug which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. (Galatians 6:14)

I'm sure you really meant that the cross was at one time a cruel, hated means of persecution, but now it has become the symbol of the means God used for mankind's salvation. Since it was God's plan before the foundation of the world, I doubt God would tell you differently. Since God's means of revelation is through His word, the Bible, then He is not going to contradict Himself.

Read through all the references to the "cross" found in a good concordance and see what God says about the "cross."

• Upvote 4

This video has truth mixed with error. The truth sucks people in and they accept the error along with it. He might better have said, "I hate hypocrites" instead of religion.

While I liked some of the things the guy said in the other video, to "hate religion" is painting with too broad a brush. Sure, there are false religions, and hypocrites in all religions...but that can be the excuse that people will use to not go to church at all.

This video refutes the one posted in this thread, line by line and it is GREAT!

Freestylin': Jesus = Religion

• Upvote 2

Richman, from your posts I have very serious doubts about any good you are doing for religion, Christianity, or any who would follow your teachings. The cross is not a hated thing! That was Gods idea! Not satans! I challenge you to find one scripture showing the devil had anything whatsoever to do with Calvary! This was Gods ultimate gift to humanity! Sinless blood to cleanse us from our tainted lineage from Adam and our self-inflicted sins! You are obviously liking trying to get people to not read their Bible or attend religious services. Why? Because you are either deluded by the devil or you are outright serving him and trying to make yourself into some religious leader when you obviously have no concept of what you are talking about. I personally don't care for that video or the other one you posted calling Christians "pretenders" People, don't listen to this person. He/she is obviously sowing seeds of deceit. I challenged him on his other video that was the same as this one! Both are nothing more than slaps against religious traditions and Biblical teaching. He wants you to call yourself a Christian but not read your Bible or listen to theological teaching or have religious roots! Get behind me Satan!

It has not been given to you to receive these words.

Satan not God I AM.

• Downvote 3

Satan not God I AM.

Yep, just as I thought. You are a weirdo! The more you talk the clearer it becomes who you are and who you serve! And although I've never seen your face I have through the Word, the Spirit, the blood, and the name of Jesus cast you out of hundreds who were posessed with your deceiving spirit! Literally hundreds and maybe thousands delivered from your deception in the last 35 years! Every time you conjur up a new identity you always tell the same falsehoods and reveal yourself by your false words! And the Word declares that you already know your fate and already know your time is short! Truth will always set men free!

• Upvote 3

Yep, just as I thought. You are a weirdo! The more you talk the clearer it becomes who you are and who you serve! And although I've never seen your face I have through the Word, the Spirit, the blood, and the name of Jesus cast you out of hundreds who were posessed with your deceiving spirit! Literally hundreds and maybe thousands delivered from your deception in the last 35 years! Every time you conjur up a new identity you always tell the same falsehoods and reveal yourself by your false words! And the Word declares that you already know your fate and already know your time is short! Truth will always set men free!

35 years.......wow....and still blind and naked as the day you were born.

Indeed your time is short.

• Downvote 5

Haha, yep, my time here is short! About ready for the greatest move of God ever known! The rapture! Catching away of the Bride! Redemption of the purchased posession! The marriage feast of the Lamb! I won't tie up any more of my time here with this! A lot here don't want to hear this and you have already through your foolish statements shown what spirit you are of! Going to get ready for an incredible revival in east Texas where we will probably cast out some of your buddies! And there won't be a thing they can do about it!!!!!Already had several healed and baptized and delivered! The power of the name of Jesus!

• Upvote 1

Haha, yep, my time here is short! About ready for the greatest move of God ever known! The rapture! Catching away of the Bride! Redemption of the purchased posession! The marriage feast of the Lamb! I won't tie up any more of my time here with this! A lot here don't want to hear this and you have already through your foolish statements shown what spirit you are of! Going to get ready for an incredible revival in east Texas where we will probably cast out some of your buddies! And there won't be a thing they can do about it!!!!!Already had several healed and baptized and delivered! The power of the name of Jesus!

You are among those which the scripture speaks of........."did we not cast out devils in your name".

Depart from me....I know you not.

• Downvote 1

Lock it. <_<

Why would we lock this when we have the silliness on the M for mature audiences going now for 12,000 replies? Maybe we should mark it C for Christian audiences? This shows where America stands. We will allow off-color innuendos to go on for ever but any Christian comment and we are screaming shut it down! No worry, I'm going on to other things anyway and Richman has shown what h/she is about!

Why would we lock this when we have the silliness on the M for mature audiences going now for 12,000 replies? Maybe we should mark it C for Christian audiences? This shows where America stands. We will allow off-color innuendos to go on for ever but any Christian comment and we are screaming shut it down! No worry, I'm going on to other things anyway and Richman has shown what h/she is about!

Exactly right...........why would you prevent those seeking the truth who are reading this thread from finding it?

For those who want to believe..........................

Lets take you forcible....beat you within an inch of your life, spit, punch,kick,yank,accuse,curse,mock,slap,humiliate,and crucify.....on a cross.

How would you feel about that cross?

"Jesus endured the cross....despising the shame".......just so His so called "church" could wave that symbol everywhere?....put it on their bumper sticker ...their Bibles.....their church....

and in so doing .......the Principalities and Powers of this earth are saying to Jesus......"See....Look......Remember what we did to you when you came to save them"

Open your hearts...........I beg you. The Lord is revealing his truth to all who would not only believe in Him....but Obey Him also.

The truth is YOUR time is short. Very short when it comes to your membership here on DV.

Satan not God I AM.

So what you're saying is that you are Satan?! I believe it, lol. Get thee behind me! :wave:

• Upvote 2

For those who want to believe..........................

Lets take you forcible....beat you within an inch of your life, spit, punch,kick,yank,accuse,curse,mock,slap,humiliate,and crucify.....on a cross.

How would you feel about that cross?

"Jesus endured the cross....despising the shame".......just so His so called "church" could wave that symbol everywhere?....put it on their bumper sticker ...their Bibles.....their church....

and in so doing .......the Principalities and Powers of this earth are saying to Jesus......"See....Look......Remember what we did to you when you came to save them"

Open your hearts...........I beg you. The Lord is revealing his truth to all who would not only believe in Him....but Obey Him also.

If Satan had known what would happen, he never would have wanted Jesus crucified on that cross.

What Satan meant for evil, God meant for good.

Jesus didn't die on that cross for no reason! He took the punishment for all our sins, past and present, and defeated death.

The awfulness of the sins of the whole world is illustrated in the manner that Jesus was crucified.

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." II Cor 5:21

• Upvote 3