Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tomatoes

Heavyduty053

I go grocery shopping nearly everyday or every other day. There is always something that's needed for a meal or something forgot from the last trip. Yes, I make a list but I get so busy I forget it. I'm not sure if I am getting absent minded or if I really go to the store because I like meeting people and then again it might be cause I get lonesome. A little of both I guess. 

On this day it would disappoint me to find a new friend. I was trying desperately to find a nice tomato that looked like it come straight off the vine of my garden. In reality my garden failed miserably this year from lack of care.. I planted it so nice, made sure it was fertilized and watered and somehow got interested in other things and let it die. Looking at the price of veggies, I sure made a mistake.

In frustration I finally grabbed the best one I could find, backing away from the counter with my meager selection in hand, I wasn't paying any attention. "Oh, I am so sorry!" I said as I nearly fell over a little frail woman on an electric shopping cart. More and more stores are providing these things for customers these days. I see them everywhere....well except for this one right behind me.

"Oh that's ok, the lady said, I'm used to it" She laughed and said, " they need to put horns on these things, might help a little". When we are on these carts we are a little bit lower to see and their so quiet that often times people just don't hear us coming. But it helps me get around and shop. My weak legs don't go to far nowadays. I was so wrapped up in trying to find a nice tomato, I just didn't see ya. The prices just keep going up and I usually grow my own but I failed this year and along withmy negligence the weather was so dry didn't help any. It killed so many gardens. The Big boy tomatoes I was supposed to have were little cherry tomatoes in size.

"I'm sorry for your challenges, it must be frustrating, I said". Well, the most important thing it requires is an attitude change like....I could spend my life thinking about all the things that has left me or I can spend it thinking of all the new things open to me that I can use. You see when God closes one door he opens another, we just have to make an effort to find it. My life was filled with raising my children, planting flowers, making a big garden, and other things down through the years and as I got older the strength to do those things went away.....So see I can feel sorry for myself and develop a bad attitude or get busy and find that door. there's always one there. "Never thought of it that way, I love your attitude". Now tell me what new thing you discovered today.

Well, I can go to the store and someone always will run over my cart, its a my way to meet people. And I discovered can't plant flowers any more because of the bending down and all so I paint them from memory, the annuals, the roses and I can have them forever. When I hang the pictures of the flowers on my wall I go and find candles or scents that match them and its like the real thing. And today I met you didn't I and we will always meet again from time to time.

I went away from the grocery store that day learning a new lesson in life. That little frail lady filled my heart with happiness and she had such a happy attitude about her it was like she was an angel sent down to cheer people up.

My dad being a Baptist preacher for almost 60 years taught me a lot of things. He took his rightful place in heaven 19 years ago but what he left me with will never go away......I think the most important thing I have always lived by is when One door closes...God opens another better than the last but its our place to get on our feet, use our hearts and heads and find it. Just like the moral of this story....that little frail lady didn't let her disability's get her done she just found substitutes. I want my attitude to be like that when I start reaching that age when health starts disagreeing with my head.......Have a blessed New Year's and stay safe.

• Upvote 6

Thanks Heavy...This gives me ''Hope''...Now I can look forward to gettin' older....I can look forward to actually ridin' one of those electric carts...I can look forward to perfectin' a technique of quietly parkin' behind the most attractive young woman I spot as my next prey and have her back over my cart and maybe fall out of it so she can help my old azz back in it...:P   :)

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Heavyduty053 said:

Yep skeetdog usefulness is in the mind of the beholder

Just pullin' on your chain.....:peace:

Actually, something of this nature did occur as I was lookin' for my favorite 'Meat Sauces Medium size Lasagna' (Stouffer's) in the frozen section at a Brookshire's....I was bent over and the woman riding/driving one of those cart was lookin' for something else and ran into the back of me shoving my head and shoulder into the frozen case pinning me there for a second until she could put it into reverse...I was goin' through my only divorce at the time and was with my best friend then JIm Beam so I wasn't the steadiest of people to be in that scenario...:unsure: 

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...
On 12/27/2016 at 1:43 PM, skeetdog said:

Thanks Heavy...This gives me ''Hope''...Now I can look forward to gettin' older....I can look forward to actually ridin' one of those electric carts...I can look forward to perfectin' a technique of quietly parkin' behind the most attractive young woman I spot as my next prey and have her back over my cart and maybe fall out of it so she can help my old azz back in it...:P   :)

I wanna be skeetdog "if" when I grow up!

lol! Dirty old man! My brother!

• Upvote 2