Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. senator is likely collapse of the Maliki government and the disintegration of Iraq into three states

trooper

There will never be peace in the Middle East... they have been fighting for thousands of years. since they would rather fight and blow each other up instead of letting their countries evolve and progress, all we can (should) do is watch. The Iran situation is the most dangerous for us (the USA). We need a strong President for the next term and sadly, I don't see ANY candidates that I feel can take care of this situation in a good way.

We just need to keep a handle on things and stop trying to change the people there. They will never change.

Not sure if Iraq splitting up would be good for an RV or not. I think it is the best answer for Iraq. They will never get along.

Over the past holidays, my mom & I had a good conversation about this. She brought up a good point on how some likely act like that. Its all based upon grudges from prevoius generations. They are much more religion orientated than we are, and will willingly die for their religion. The younger generations are influenced by the older generations in the ways they act. Not to mention that if your a young child and you see your older family members brutally murdered, you may feel the need to enact revenge as you grow older towards that group. A simple yo-yo effect, so to speak. The Kurds are smart, they know to step back and deal with their own problems. They've also come along way in advancing because of this. Their region alone is a night & day difference from B-town.

Would three separate regions be a bad thing? They could enact Federal Law & Regional Law.

(Much how we are within the U.S. -- State & Federal)

It would give portions of the regions a little bit more control in their area. They already have a KRG, so why not create two additional Regional Governments and let the current Govt housing become the Capitol of the Country that over looks the country as a whole & deals with larger issues.

Maybe it is much like that already, I don't know, I would have to read into it more.

Iraq also needs to set itself up like Kuwait by profit sharing the oil revenues with it's citizens. Offer incenatives for taking a job, buying a home, getting married, having kids or getting a college degree. Kuwait has been doing this for it's citizens for decades. It has helped to keep down discontent.

I wish I could get additional incentives to work, buy a house, get married, have kids and so forth. Seems like they get everything practically paid for.

My brother was in S.A., and he told me about this a few months ago. You get married, you get a house. Your married and have kids, they give you an even bigger house. Plus you get a salary for being a citizen (Think of how Alaska works)..

Lucky.....

• Upvote 1

I have great respect for Senator McCain, but he is a grumpy, old man, and is still mad over past situations. True, Iraq is in turmoil, which we all knew would happen after our departure, but there is much discussion in progress with the Iraqi heads of state.

This is an election year, and the water flows both ways in this river.

Excellent point my friend. Yes there is turmoil and we knew that. It is now up to Iraq to get on their feet. They need more trust amongst each other. With this being election year, oh my, we will hear all sorts of stuff. Take it all with an open eye, ear, and grain of salt.