Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar News Maliki finally emailed me back.. no kidding!

k98nights

About a month ago or so I wrote to the PM of Iraq (email) half seriously half as a joke just to see what, if anything would happen. Today I finally got a reply. Here's what he said:

Re: The Iraqi Dinar

Sun, February 28, 2010 1:44:38 AM

To: k98nights@yahoo.com

اجابة دولة رئيس الوزراء :

قرارنا يرتبط بدراسة الاوضاع الاقتصادية التي نضمن بها عملية تقوية الدينار العراقي ولكن الامر محسوم لتقوية الدينار لوجود مقومات قوته بزيادة العائدات وتطور الاقتصاد ولكننا سوف لن نستعجل وسنعمل على إيجاد الضمانات كافة لهذا الاجراء لكي ينجح، والبنك المركزي يكلف على هذه الدراسة وسيعطي قراره قريباً.

Here is the google translation of his email which I have added to this post for the sake of readability:

Arabic to English translation Show romanization

Response of the Prime Minister:

Our study is linked to the economic conditions that guarantee that the process of strengthening the Iraqi dinar, but it settled to the strengthening of the dinar to the presence of elements of strength increase revenue and economic development, but we will not rush and we will work to find all the guarantees for the measure to succeed, the central bank assigned to the study and will give his decision soon.

Edited by k98nights
Added line of explanation about english translation

Dude you are working your tail off to find any info and I DIG THAT ABOUT YOU! haha... seriously thanks! An RV seems imminent when I wasn't sure one would be. I really don't care if it is today or in 12 months. Just make it so. (Note: today would be preferred over the 2.)

About a month ago or so I wrote to the PM of Iraq (email) half seriously half as a joke just to see what, if anything would happen. Today I finally got a reply. Here's what he said:

Re: The Iraqi Dinar

Sun, February 28, 2010 1:44:38 AM

To: k98nights@yahoo.com

اجابة دولة رئيس الوزراء :

قرارنا يرتبط بدراسة الاوضاع الاقتصادية التي نضمن بها عملية تقوية الدينار العراقي ولكن الامر محسوم لتقوية الدينار لوجود مقومات قوته بزيادة العائدات وتطور الاقتصاد ولكننا سوف لن نستعجل وسنعمل على إيجاد الضمانات كافة لهذا الاجراء لكي ينجح، والبنك المركزي يكلف على هذه الدراسة وسيعطي قراره قريباً.

Arabic to English translation Show romanization

Response of the Prime Minister:

Our study is linked to the economic conditions that guarantee that the process of strengthening the Iraqi dinar, but it settled to the strengthening of the dinar to the presence of elements of strength increase revenue and economic development, but we will not rush and we will work to find all the guarantees for the measure to succeed, the central bank assigned to the study and will give his decision soon.

HMMM Where have I heard that before? Oh in the Rumor section by another poster

NO WAY, that the PM sent an email (as stated above)... C'mon folks, don't buy it! I don't think it's a cigar he's smoking... Sorry K98 fans, but it didn't happen.

It came from Maliki just as I stated. It was all in Arabic. I added the english translation. Not pulling anyone's chain at all.

1 month? Gosh, while the Office of the PM busy scratching any direction to reply your email, the CBI HAS DONE THE STUDY of REVALUATING THE IQD, AND IT SEEMS NEED ONLY ONE MORE DAY TO SHABS TO ANNOUNCE IT and GET IT DONE!!!

Might have been 2 months... can't remember. But those in the chat room at the time will remember when I sent the email through his own website. We all laughed about it and how I'd be very lucky to hear back from him. I spent over 15 years as a broadcast journalist... I wrote Maliki as an independant journalist researching a story. It took him a long time to reply, but thankfully, when he was ready to speak to the world about the subject, he also responded to my inquiry. That's all there is to the story.