Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait Dinar RV

RobLe

Yesterday I read a thread that I found quit depressing. It was members from dinarvets that have been owners of the Dinar for over 7 years. They were talking like this will not happen for up to 3 more years. Really takes the wind out of the sail.

So, I was thinking about the RV of the Kuwait Dinar. I don't know the history of this event at all. Some of you all have been around for years and I believe a lot of us would be interested in the history of the Kuwait Dinar RV.

Can anyone tell us the process that took place. How long was it that after the invasion of Kuwait by Iraq that the Dinar had their RV? What were all of the underling circumstances of the RV. Any history that could be shared with us would truly shed some light at what we are going through with the Iraq Dinar. I know the circumstances are different , but there are and should be a lot of similarities.

I hope I am posting in the right location for all of the answers will be rumors and on the Dinar.

So any help that those of you can share with us would be greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Good post Pontiyak...

I spoke to a gentlemen who is from iraq... and he said the reason some did indeed get wealthy was because Sadam basically told them that their Dinar was now worthless to anyone and the new currency was to be the Sadam Dinar. So in return the people of Kuwait were selling their Kuwaiti Dinar for whatever & to whoever they could get for it. The ones that got wealthy were the ones who bought Kuwaiti Dinar for pennies and later when it was recognized again as a currency then made out good. His words.

• Upvote 1

You are correct the Kuwaiti dinar didnt revalue ...... the value of the KWD was re-instated.

Big difference........

SemichDave is very accurate - I'll elaborate a bit.

Well, it reinstated, but not a "magical gain value RI". The Kuwait RV/Reinstated rumors were made up (based on a very uncommon occurrence; though there was a kind of reinstation) to pump dinar sales. As an old pumper, I can say we used this false info numerous times to "comfort" investors. Nothing technically happened to the Kuwaiti Dinar.

The Kuwaiti Dinar was in an unstable environment, due to the invasion by Iraq. The Kuwaiti dinar was essentially tossed aside, as they were to use Iraq's currency. This caused panic and several individuals lost faith in the revival of their old dinar. Some individuals actually sold their dinar at a U.S. rate of as low as $0.10, fearing that they would soon have nothing anyways. However, their Dinar did not lose it's value and upon liberation was once again the national currency. It was at the same exact value, but new bills were to be issued. During this, they could exchange their old bills for new, equal valued, bills.

This was never an actual rate change. The Dinar never lost its value as many feared; remaining in the $3 range with only minor fluctuations. If you want proof, just pull up historical currency charts.

That's the actual Kuwaiti Dinar story. There was no massive RV/RI like many "preach". Just a distortion of the facts/ rumor used to get some to invest. Ask anyone who was actually around at that time; they'll tell you the same thing.

And HappySteel is also correct; this won't happen the way most think. And you will likely have a great return on the investment; but not a magical return. Study economic policy, inflation, revaluation, and re-denominations of currencies. Paired with Iraq's history, you'll get a great idea of how you will actually gain money off of this investment. Possibly a 33%-60% gain if we're fairly lucky. That beats just about every other investment on earth. It would certainly make me happy.

After doing a good amount of research - OUTSIDE OF THESE DINAR SITES (do real research. Not economists' predictions, guru predictions, etc. Go out and study real economics, monetary policy, etc.) you'll know exactly what to expect from this investment. Hope this helps. It'll also get you off of these sites. Some people check this everyday, because they don't understand what is going on and think there will be a magic "100,000,000x change in the currency". Once you understand it, you may come here once a month to give others info, or just to check up on friends.

Edited by dinarvictory
  • Upvote 1

SemichDave is very accurate - I'll elaborate a bit.

Well, it reinstated, but not a "magical gain value RI". The Kuwait RV/Reinstated rumors were made up (based on a very uncommon occurrence; though there was a kind of reinstation) to pump dinar sales. As an old pumper, I can say we used this false info numerous times to "comfort" investors. Nothing technically happened to the Kuwaiti Dinar.

The Kuwaiti Dinar was in an unstable environment, due to the invasion by Iraq. The Kuwaiti dinar was essentially tossed aside, as they were to use Iraq's currency. This caused panic and several individuals lost faith in the revival of their old dinar. Some individuals actually sold their dinar at a U.S. rate of as low as $0.10, fearing that they would soon have nothing anyways. However, their Dinar did not lose it's value and upon liberation was once again the national currency. It was at the same exact value, but new bills were to be issued. During this, they could exchange their old bills for new, equal valued, bills.

This was never an actual rate change. The Dinar never lost its value as many feared; remaining in the $3 range with only minor fluctuations. If you want proof, just pull up historical currency charts.

That's the actual Kuwaiti Dinar story. There was no massive RV/RI like many "preach". Just a distortion of the facts/ rumor used to get some to invest. Ask anyone who was actually around at that time; they'll tell you the same thing.

And HappySteel is also correct; this won't happen the way most think. And you will likely have a great return on the investment; but not a magical return. Study economic policy, inflation, revaluation, and re-denominations of currencies. Paired with Iraq's history, you'll get a great idea of how you will actually gain money off of this investment. Possibly a 33%-60% gain if we're fairly lucky. That beats just about every other investment on earth. It would certainly make me happy.

After doing a good amount of research - OUTSIDE OF THESE DINAR SITES (do real research. Not economists' predictions, guru predictions, etc. Go out and study real economics, monetary policy, etc.) you'll know exactly what to expect from this investment. Hope this helps. It'll also get you off of these sites. Some people check this everyday, because they don't understand what is going on and think there will be a magic "100,000,000x change in the currency". Once you understand it, you may come here once a month to give others info, or just to check up on friends.

After reading through many Guru(Rooster) sites for a while and getting all the confused information to narrowing down to two sites (this and another), its been a while since I came accross a sound, logical answer like this one. So much so that I made my first post regarding it. This is one of the most logical clean cut responses that I've seen and I've seen a lot of good ones. As a prior investor, currency investing is quite new to me. But, as with any other investment, you must do your own unbiased research with a clear, concise and open mind.

I have to admit, that in the beginning, I was hesitant but still fell prey to the hype of the pumpers to buy Dinar. Even then, I took caution and only purchased what I wouldnt mind taking a loss on. After more in-depth research, Currency Investments are not a bad bet. With any investment, its a risk, but a low risk with good potential for gain. As far as crazy $1+ RV's, I personally don't see it happening. Looking at History, I just don't see that happening from a war-torn country that is just trying to get back on their feet.

However, I do see a potential to make money. The country is headed in a positive direction with corporations heading in and Investors hoping to build a strong infrastructure for a country with strong resources. Investing in any part of that is a good investment in my book. If the currency does RV/RI it would be good for people invested in the currency, but no by gobs of profit margins like some say, more like DinarVictory stated, one of the best investment returns that you would see from any standard type of Investments.

At any rate, GO RV!

Edited by RVInvestor

Thank You so much DinarVictory and RVInvestor, both of your information and explanations was truly appreciated and informative. I can't tell you how good that it feels to read information that you feel is true and researched. Thank You so much.