Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thanksgiving Thread "

behaviorkat

"It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful but what you have in your heart"

(copied this from chat and wanted to add a comment)

---- "and if you have something in your pocket use it to strengthen and grow your heart"

Thank everyone here at Dinar Vets for growing my heart even when my pockets were empty........

What is your Thanksgiving thought, saying or prayer? :)

Go RV!!

• Upvote 2

May all your Thanksgiving holidays be filled with family and friends whom you love and they love you.

I will bless the Lord at all times;

His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;

The humble shall hear it and rejoice.

O Magnify the Lord with me,

And let us exalt His name together.

(Psalm 34:1-3)

• Upvote 2

May all your Thanksgiving holidays be filled with family and friends whom you love and they love you.

I will bless the Lord at all times;

His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

My soul shall make its boast in the Lord;

The humble shall hear it and rejoice.

O Magnify the Lord with me,

And let us exalt His name together.

(Psalm 34:1-3)

Nice Psalm!

On January 18, 2009, I lost my husband ... best friend, soul mate, For more than a year I felt I had nothing at all for which to be thankful. Oh the RV was something to look forward to but what good is money when you do not have your lifetime soul mate with whom to share it? I had nothing, literally nothing, against which to lean. No family at all, unless you count the cats, which I do. I was devastated, grieving mightily, and no amount of love, hugs., and hope, coming from friends and neighbours was helping,

Then something happened. One night, well actually one morning, about three in the morning actually, I was on the computer and reading postings and comments in this, the DV forum.

I don't know what it was, which post or comment, or what combination of postings could have reached me ... but something did. I cannot say what it made me feel ... no sense of guilt being lifted, or loneliness being eased. No feeling of relief or cause for hope. It was just that over the period of an hour or so of reading the more personal comments and postings, I started to feel less ... down, less hopeless, less discouraged. I did not and do not now feel any less heart sore for my loss, and nothing that is said or done can ever change that. But I no longer feel there is absolutely no reason to live. I was teetering on the edge for a while, literally, actually, frighteningly ready to do what ever it took to leave this life and escape the pain. But whatever happened while reading "your" posts and comments, has made a tremendous difference.

And ladies and gentlemen, THAT is what I am thankful for, and for which I THANK YOU !!!!!

This forum has been a major part of my "recovery" and that means that each and every one of you has been part of what I am able to give thanks for this year. I will ever be grateful. :)

Most sincerely ...

smee2 (Barbara)

• Upvote 2

Smee...you know we all love you dear friend. Your post are always so well written and visual I feel like I know you sweet lady...when my son had surgery in September and you all sent your thoughts and prayers for us you were one of the posters that really helped me, lol, I was thinking if your mom and sister could make it through that ordeal I could surely make it through this...just so you know, you have touched my life and for that I am grateful.

• Upvote 1