Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Quick question

tarheelav8r

I'm new, and I have read everything I can read prior to registrering here, but I have not been able to find an answer to this question. I invested in Dinar with several guys at work with each of us putting different amounts into a pot. That pot returned us a set amount of Dinar. My question is this: If I cash in the dinar, am I liable for the tax on the whole amount or just my cut? I know we'll have to submit a FinCEN 104, and that will have the names and info of everyone in the group. Your help in answering this question will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure why you would pool your money... but I agree with Danan... you'll probably be better off dividing it and being responsible for your own share. It's just money... that's going to be exchanged. You might want to pose your question in the Tax Forum here for a better response.... Welcome and good luck! :)

• Upvote 1

I'm new, and I have read everything I can read prior to registrering here, but I have not been able to find an answer to this question. I invested in Dinar with several guys at work with each of us putting different amounts into a pot. That pot returned us a set amount of Dinar. My question is this: If I cash in the dinar, am I liable for the tax on the whole amount or just my cut? I know we'll have to submit a FinCEN 104, and that will have the names and info of everyone in the group. Your help in answering this question will be greatly appreciated.

The FinCen 104 form does have a part for multiple people to perform a transaction and there be a paper trail for it, it would probably be easier and give more peace of mind for everyone to just do it themselves and be responsible for only their portion. JMO.