Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

True Veteran Information........

rags2riches4life

Clinton was the second President to be impeached. Andrew Johnson(17th President) was the first. He was acquitted when the Senate was 1 vote shy of the needed votes (2/3 majority) to impeach him and remove him from office.

Aren't you forgetting Nixon?

Oh yes! Please let's go back under Republican control! The country was doing so well under Bush!!!!(eye roll inserted here). President Obama was handed a broken and battered country almost to the point of beyond repair. He has had an uphill battle against all those around him, those put in office to supposedly help the American people, when their main priority is to stick it to the Pres, detrimental to our country or not. It would be like having a car with no engine towed into your driveway and told you have to fix it to drive a dying person to the hospital. The new engine and all of the tools you need are locked away and those who have control of the key have no intention of giving it to you. When the person dies should everyone stand around pointing at you blaming you for the death? Or should everyone point the finger at those who are really to blame, the ones who hindered your ability to fix the car for their own selfish and superficial reasons? Maybe if our government worked harder toward joining together and doing what is best for the American people instead of fighting against each other to do what is best for their own political party, things could actually get better for everyone. Yes I know, rainbows with pots of gold and unicorns. :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

poor taste in women? :lol:

Nice one *lol* The official answer is "Perjury" - but I will accept lying under oath. He was also impeached for "obstruciton of justice".

Also, there have only been 2 US Presidents impeached - and the discussion here has been right, Jackson and Clinton.

One the about the process people don't seem to get. Impeachment is only the first part of a 2 part process to remove an official from office. Impeachment does not necessarily result in removal from office; it is only a legal statement of charges, parallel to an indictment in criminal law and is done by the House of Representatives. An official who is impeached faces a second legislative vote by the Senate which determines conviction, or failure to convict. A 2/3 majority is required. President Clinton was acquitted because the Senate vote fell short of the necessary 2/3 needed to remove him from office, voting 45-55 to remove him on obstruction of justice and 50-50 on perjury

And that's our civics lesson for today :P

• Upvote 1

Oh yes! Please let's go back under Republican control! The country was doing so well under Bush!!!!(eye roll inserted here). President Obama was handed a broken and battered country almost to the point of beyond repair. He has had an uphill battle against all those around him, those put in office to supposedly help the American people, when their main priority is to stick it to the Pres, detrimental to our country or not. It would be like having a car with no engine towed into your driveway and told you have to fix it to drive a dying person to the hospital. The new engine and all of the tools you need are locked away and those who have control of the key have no intention of giving it to you. When the person dies should everyone stand around pointing at you blaming you for the death? Or should everyone point the finger at those who are really to blame, the ones who hindered your ability to fix the car for their own selfish and superficial reasons? Maybe if our government worked harder toward joining together and doing what is best for the American people instead of fighting against each other to do what is best for their own political party, things could actually get better for everyone. Yes I know, rainbows with pots of gold and unicorns. :(

I wouldn't vote for a Democrat no matter what. That only means higher fees and taxes for everyone. Take away your guns. Communism. Secret unofficial wars.

I voted for Ron Paul last time even though he wasn't on the ballet. I would rather through my vote away than vote for sock puppets of the Rockefeller, Bilderberg, New World Order, Federal Reserve, Corporations etc etc etc.

Dear GOD, we thank you for YOUR blessings, bless us all to be GOOD STEWARTS! AMEN!smile.gif

I trust you are referring to the Stewart clan of northern Scotland.

Still trying to figure out this impeachment of Obama. Don't get me wrong - I am in no way a supporter or even a fan of our Command in Chief. Problem for me is - what has he done that is impeachable? Just because you have terrible plicies, or that your prgrams are detrimental does not make it an impeachable offense. Impeachement is only for "Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors." Of these I can possibly see treason - but it's going to take a lot to prove it.

Besides, it's not like impeachment will really hurt him that much. The last impeached president finished his term and left office with the highest end-of-office approval rating of any U.S. president since World War II.

oh - and 25 trivia points if you can name that president!!!! (without using a search engine) Most Americans have forgotten or never even knew he was impeached.

Obama would never be impeached....no matter what he did. He is supported and protected by the State-run media who got him elected in the first place.

I wouldn't vote for a Democrat no matter what. That only means higher fees and taxes for everyone. Take away your guns. Communism. Secret unofficial wars.

I voted for Ron Paul last time even though he wasn't on the ballet. I would rather through my vote away than vote for sock puppets of the Rockefeller, Bilderberg, New World Order, Federal Reserve, Corporations etc etc etc.

Lets not forget standing with Mexico against Arizona.

Lets not forget standing with Mexico against Arizona.

Obama Bush. Same thing. Both work for the same bosses. Who stands to gain from letting them flood in? Cheaper labor for Corporations maybe? Bigger government to take care of their needs? Destabilize the country so they can control through chaos. Cause the problems and offer the solutions. Or they might be just plain dumb.

You know i dont see how this is tied into anything with the USA.

This is iraqs money,,as far as the rest of the world it means little or nothing.

I am retired USAF from the desert storm era.

Once Kuwait was liberated the Saudis not the snub nose kuwaitis offered the US military money for this campaign.

USA government rejected this money for all of us as we are not paid mercenaries.

Instead the saudis gave us the Kuwait liberation medal which is quite impressive, not sure how much its worth but have heard near 300 usd.

The medal we received from Kuwait was dime store trash., only value is its on our DD214 retirement paperwork.

Iraq owes the USA nothing as they did not ever want us there to begin with.

Yes many of our military was lost for what?

I worked flying civilian since 1994 in the middle east and hear this constantly.

So lets all get off this band wagon that Iraq owes us , if we make money on this it will be because we looked at this investment in the right direction.

Yes i would like to see this pay off big time for any and all.

But as far as the Iraqi government saving the world financially, everyone really need to take a break and think about whats really happening here.

YES I REMEMBER AS A VETERAN THEN WE COULD HAVE USED THAT MONEY, IT IS PAY BACK TIME!!!!!