Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US denies report on troop cut in Iraq

Spud

Washington - The White House on Tuesday denied a report that the Obama administration has decided to slash the number of US troops in Iraq to 3,000 at the end of the year.

Quoting "multiple sources familiar with the inner workings and decisions on US troop movements in Iraq," Fox News reported Tuesday that the number of US troops in Iraq will be reduced to 3,000 at the end of the year, a proposal that has been approved by Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

Continues ..

Press Secretary Jay Carney responded with a flat "no" when the accuracy of the report was questioned at the White House's daily press briefing.

The administration is "in negotiations, consultations with the Iraqi government about what our relationship with Iraq will look like going forward," Carney said.

"We want a normal, productive, healthy relationship with Iraq," he said. "If the Iraqi government makes a request of us, we will certainly consider it."

More than 40,000 US service members are now stationed in Iraq, and they are to pull out completely by the end of 2011, according to a security agreement signed in 2008 between Baghdad and Washington.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2011-09/07/content_13636142.htm

I don't claim to know anything but I am working for a contractor in Iraq and in my small part of the big picture we are being told the base is being closed and the troops gone by the end of December 2011.

Saw it on Fox news this morning. They got it from somewhere. Either their intel is as reliable as our dinar intel or could it be........ the dinar board is wrong on this? LOL I have seen the media jump the gun and get it wrong from trying to get hot news out fast. It could be again but I have figured out that my boob box has more reliable news than my computer.