Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama's $1.1 mil Bus Made in USA? NOPE!

krome2ez

Report: Obama’s Bus-Tour ‘Greyhound One’ Made in Canada

Obam boards his bus in Minn. It's been light-heartedly dubbed "Greyhound One." (Photo: AP)

They say that perception is important, especially in politics. So even though Obama’s new, tricked-out bus for his three-day, Midwest bus tour was purchased through a U.S. retailer, the fact that it was made in Canada will surely raise some eyebrows.

Rumors started swirling this week on blogs and in comment sections that Obama’s bus — nicknamed “Greyhound One” — was not American-made, which is ironic considering part of the president’s goal on the tour has been to talk about jobs and getting Americans back to work. The New York Post reveals the large vehicles were originally built in Canada by luxury bus-maker Prevost:

President Obama is barnstorming the heartland to boost US jobs in a taxpayer-financed luxury bus the government had custom built — in Canada, The Post has learned.

The $1.1 million vehicle, one of two that Quebec-based Prevost sold the government, has been tricked out by the Secret Service with state-of-the-art security features and creature comforts.

It’s a VIP H3-45 model, the company’s top of the line, and is used by major traveling rock bands.

“That’s the more luxurious model,” Christine Garant of Prevost told The Post.

The luxury liner apparently has electronic equipment allowing him to communicate worldwide, armored doors, flat-screen TVs, and comfy couches. But while it has a bathroom, it doesn’t have a sleeping area.

Despite being made in Canada, the Post says, the Government purchased the bus (plus an additional one) for $2.2 million from retailer Hemphill Brothers Coach, based in Tennessee.

Still, the contract allegedly made clear where the buses were made: “The contract lists the country of origin as Canada and place of manufacture as ”outside U.S. – Trade Agreements,” a possible reference to the North American Free Trade Agreement.”

So, should the president be blasted for buying buses not made in America? During times of fiscal restraint, it could be that the government got the best deal by buying foreign buses, so we can’t say for sure. But then again, perception is everything.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-obamas-bus-tour-greyhound-one-made-in-canada/

• Upvote 1

thanks for the post, and I have done some research myself on this topic, but you found the article and made light of it. This does not surprise me at all. For those that are, the whitehouse was overthrown by a kenyan, white, black, muslim male aprox. 2 and half years ago. There is a reason he has been labled Obama the Destroyer. He is not finished yet, and every word that trangresses his mouth is with a forked tongue. Personally as a man I have no grudge, but his politics and the race card he plays makes me sick.

Treason comments made by Perry to the Fed in my O is on point, but more so toward the betrayer in the whitehouse.

Again thank you for the post, God bless America, her defenders, and the american worker.

If you can read this, Thank a teacher; If you are reading it in english Thank a soilder..........

PS you know what pisses me off more than anything that he has done yet??? The days the SEALS were killed, by proxy or conspiracy or the "LUCKY SHOT", that was the singles greatest military loss of all 3 wars, yet this IMPOSTER did not order the Flag at half mast. I loose words at this point for fear of being banned or reprimanded by the operators of this site, But you "CATCH MY DRIFT!"

• Upvote 1

It woud be interesting to get a survey of ALL the politicians and what cars, boats, motor homes, airplanes, etc. they own and where they were made.

If the topic is going to be brought up, it should apply to ALL the government leaders and wannabes.

It would be very interesting to find out if the presidents bus purchase was put up for bid and/or if any american companies were given the chance or are

equipped to make a bus that has to be fitted for all the security required by a president.

Just would like ALL the facts before jumping to any conclusions. :blink:

• Upvote 1

Obama had no part of the decision to obtain the buses, yes there were two ordered. The Secret Service ordered and paid for the buses, which by the way, SAVES money. Previously, the secret service had to remodel existing buses every time a sitting President traveled for campaign reasons. Instead of doing the remodel every time, they just out and out purchased them for all future use; thereby, SAVING taxpayers lots of $$.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Obama had no part of the decision to obtain the buses, yes there were two ordered. The Secret Service ordered and paid for the buses, which by the way, SAVES money. Previously, the secret service had to remodel existing buses every time a sitting President traveled for campaign reasons. Instead of doing the remodel every time, they just out and out purchased them for all future use; thereby, SAVING taxpayers lots of $$.

Not sure why someone would give you a negative for a factual statement. The second bus will go to the Republican candidate once he/she has been selected. +1 for you