Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

They are saying ebril hS been finalized

Joeshmoe

So what is your take on the RV Blue Orchid? Any idea as far as time-line to implement all of the items listed above? Are we still talking months or potentially years? So in my assessment we need the following....

1) Council of Ebril finalized...only then can they finalize the HCL law

2) HCL

3) This will for the most part finish off the requirements to get them of chap 7

4) Now once out of Chap 7, they can form a military and have an internationally trade able currency.

Is that everything? Am I missing anything? I appreciate all of your wisdom with this.

Got it.+1

Thanks Blue Orchid. Great info.

Blue, have you read the UN Iraqi Freedom document at shows the development plan (can download on the call squad . com)? I would be interested to know what you think.

You're very welcome! Thanks for your kind words.

It has been a long time since I read the development plan and I was not as knowledgeable back then, hinging on every word from the 'gurus' for my knowledge base. I learned quickly not to! :lol:

I have it saved and will pull it up again and re-read it. Until then, I really don't have a basis for an opinion on it. My mind is currently filled with the Erbil Agreement, Art 140, HCL, and UN reports. Once I've read it and compared it to what's been accomplished, what remains to be done, and the recent UN reports as well as news articles, I may be able to contribute my thoughts on it.

:D

• Upvote 2

OOOOOOOPPPPS!!!!! I tried to give you a +1 and I accidentally hit the -1 button. Will someone PLEEEEEEEASE balance him out for me?

Done 1+ added to make 0. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Plz someone do an add of 1+ to get it where it needs to be. excl.gif

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!emot-woot.gif

I do know for a fact that the census is done because I found the actual mp3 where the speaker stated it was done. All of the other stuff I am still searching for confirmation on.

Could u plz post file or link to the census?cool.gif

Thank you,

Got it.+1

Thanks Blue Orchid. Great info.

Blue, have you read the UN Iraqi Freedom document at shows the development plan (can download on the biggrin.gifcall squad . com )? I would be interested to know what you think.

I did a serach and couldn't pull up the document.

Do u have a link or can paste the document.

Thank you !!!! Thank you!!!!biggrin.gif

Edited by cw2

I do know for a fact that the census is done because I found the actual mp3 where the speaker stated it was done. All of the other stuff I am still searching for confirmation on.

The speaker you mention was UN Envoy Ed Melkert during his UNAMI report to the UNSC on July 19th. I have listened to it several times and have transcribed a great part of it. He clearly stated: "...noteworthy in this context is the essential support that UFBA provided recently to the government in successful completion of the dwelling and household parts of the census."

Have you read the census requirements? There are several parts to it. One part was counting the dwellings and households (structures where people actually live) and the businesses (structures that house commercial ventures). The people count has NOT been done. It will be a while yet before it is completed. As you well know, the UNAMI was extended for another year. Melkert also stated in his July 19th report to the UNSC (and the reason he recommended extending UNAMI): "UNAMI is involved in ongoing consultation for the condition for conducting a census." There have also been at least 2 articles DIRECTLY addressing the problems relating to the people count and that it is hoped the guidelines for the people may be in place by end of year. Art 140 needs to be addressed before they can finalized a people count.

- - - - - - - - -

@Joeshmoe: I really have no timeline on the elusive RV. IMO...opinion only.... based on UN reports and recent news articles, I think we're in for more of a wait... I don't see the RV this year. I truly hope I'm wrong, but my common sense is telling me we have a while yet. Too much is yet to be done. IMO, I don't think they'll ever get the Erbil Agreement fully completed. I think M will pick and choose what he wants out of it, but will 'monkey-wrench' the Strategic Council and power-sharing til the cows come home. He wants full control. He does not want to share. Period.

Re HCL: IMO, it is possible they may try to push through parts of it. Most of the squabbling comes from the Kurds not happy with the portion they get as well as having to pay for their own defense. They're also po'd at not having much say in the key positions for the GOI. Again, this all falls back on the Erbil Agreement which M has reneged. Any revenue-sharing agreement depends totally on getting the census done. Can't revenue-share unless you know how many people to divvy up the oil spoils to.... There is nothing in the HCL docs that states Iraq can't enter into contracts with oil companies. The Kurds have been doing it for several years now, much to Iraq's irritation. They have ordered the Kurds to stop, claiming they don't have the authority to do so. Yes, the Kurds now are producing the majority of the oil in Iraq. Go figure. Not likely the Kurds will obey until they see the Erbil Agreement enforced. After all, it WAS agreed on, AND signed!

Re Ch7: that is a whole different ball of wax. That is the Kuwaiti mess. Don't see Kuwait releasing Iraq from the remaining Ch7 resolutions until they come to a peaceable agreement re borders, port dispute, monetary compensation in full, etc. Iraq is now disputing the UN mandated borders, claiming they're not fair. Iraq wants them revisited and revised. Now Iraq is having fits over the new Kuwait port. More mass graves have been found. Those need to be catalogued and determined if they contain Kuwaiti bodies. Iraq still has to find and return documents and archives stolen. And on it goes.... Don't look for this to be resolved any time soon either. IMO, I don't think the Kuwait mess has anything to do with the RV/RD. Time (and news articles) will tell.

Re RV vs. RD: IMO, I'm leaning more and more to the RD. Removal of 3 zeros with creation/distribution of a totally new currency, with an exchange of 1000:1 when it happens. For now, there still remains educating the Iraqis as to what this represents and how it will be done. So far, we've seen several articles stating there is major disagreement over the entire transaction. Again, time will tell... stay tuned to news articles and UN reports. IMO, I don't see this happening this year. I hope I'm wrong.

Keep an eye out for articles on Iran. They are FAR more involved in all things Iraq than meets the eye. IMO, this is one of the KEY reasons the power-sharing agreement has failed....

I do not know which of these parts, if any, MUST be done before Iraq redenominates their currency. IMO, the currency project may be a stand-alone event that is moving along as quickly as they can implement it. Who knows.... I sure don't! Just wish they'd get it done!

• Upvote 2

Here is a translated version of the Erbil Agreement. If you have been following the news and the UN reports, you will see that several have NOT been implemented.

Erbil Agreement (Kurdish demands translated into English):

1. Commitment to the constitution and all of its terms, as well as preserving a federal system of democracy.

2. The formation of an inclusive national government that includes all key Iraqi groups.

3. Adherence to the principle of partnership in making decisions must be maintained as follow:

A- Council of National Security must be formed by a law to be voted on at the same time of the approval of the government.

B- Setting an internal regulation for the Council of Ministers that clarifies the source of decision-making, group-made decisions, and the amount of power prime minister and its deputies seize.

C- Adherence to the principle of Tawafuq (Consensus).

4. The formation of a federal council in a year’s time after the government is formed. The president of the republic and his deputies must have the veto power.

5. The Election Law must be amended in order to fairly represent all Iraqis.

6. A general census must be conducted during its scheduled time.

7. Reconsidering the complex of the armed forces and other security forces and approving of and implementing the principle of balance.

8. Implementing the principle of balance in all of the state institutions including ministries and independent committees and etc…

9. Implementing Article 140 of the constitution and allocating a necessary budget to help the article get implemented in no latter than two years’ time.

10. Approving the finally agreed-upon draft law of water resources in a year’s time following the formation of the government.

11. Approving the finally agreed-upon draft law of oil and gas in a year’s time following the formation of the government.

12. Funding and arming the guards of the region (Peshmerga) as part of the Iraq’s Defense System.

13. Supporting the candidate of the Kurdistani Alliance to become the President of the Republic.

14. Compensating the victims of the former regime including the victims of Anfal [a genocidal campaign in the 1980s resulted in killing more than a 100,000 Kurds] and chemical weapons used against Halabja and other places. The compensation must be immediate and just.

15 The Kurds must be granted key posts in key ministries and the Council of Ministers as well as independent committees in a just way with taking into consideration the rights of the nations [ethnicities].

16. The Kurdistan’s faction must have the right to vote in the approval of the key ministers and other ministries related to the Kurdistan region.

17 The secretary general of the Council of Ministers has to be a candidate from the Kurdistani Alliance.

18. The coalition government shall be dissolved if the Kurdistani Alliance withdraws because of clear violations of the constitution or the refusal to abide by the terms of the program that we have agreed upon.

19. The members of the parliament and government employees representing the prime minister must support the previous projects.

As you can CLEARLY see, the HCL, census, defense, ministries, etc. are KEY parts of the Erbil Agreement.

Maliki's government was endorsed SOLELY because the Erbil Agreement was agreed on and SIGNED by all 3 leaders. The National Council for Strategic Policies was REQUIRED to be formed at the same time Maliki's govt was formed! Of course, we see now that never happened! Malili reneged on his agreement and has royally po'd both Barzani and Allawi. The Kurds are NOT happy. Neither is Allawi's party, the List. Maliki is refusing full power sharing as agreed on and signed on. Until you see the NCSP created and in place, with the Kurds and Allawi in positions of authority, the Erbil Agreement - including the HCL - will NOT be done.

It's all in there folks.... read the documents, read the reports, read the news. It's IN there!

No hype, no gurus, no twisting of truth, fact or fiction. Simply read. It's all there!

I absolutely agree with your assessment. All 19 items will need to be completed before we are able to they are in compliance with the Erbil Agreement.

This news article states Maliki has finally agreed to some of these items and we are finally making headway.

MALIKI GRANTED THE APPROVAL OF DEFENSE MINISTERS

Urgent .. Iraqi deputy reveals Maliki granted the approval of the defense ministers of his list and one by proxy and vote on the political council of parliament

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 17:13

[baghdad

MP for the Iraqi List, Ahmed Jubouri for "the approval of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to give the Ministry of Defence and Minister of one of his list by proxy."

He told all of Iraq [where] that "the President told the head of the list Iyad Allawi during his visit last night that the Prime Minister has agreed to assign the portfolio of the Ministry of Defense Agency to a minister of the Iraqi List, provided that the chosen is one of them until they agree on a candidate to the ministry."

He added,

"Talabani told Allawi, Maliki also approved the formation of the National Council for the strategic policy and be executive and vote in Parliament."

He Jubouri that

"Allawi expressed his willingness to attend the meeting of leaders of political blocs next Saturday after listening to these approvals by al-Maliki".

• Upvote 1

The speaker you mention was UN Envoy Ed Melkert during his UNAMI report to the UNSC on July 19th. I have listened to it several times and have transcribed a great part of it. He clearly stated: "...noteworthy in this context is the essential support that UFBA provided recently to the government in successful completion of the dwelling and household parts of the census."

Have you read the census requirements? There are several parts to it. One part was counting the dwellings and households (structures where people actually live) and the businesses (structures that house commercial ventures). The people count has NOT been done. It will be a while yet before it is completed. As you well know, the UNAMI was extended for another year. Melkert also stated in his July 19th report to the UNSC (and the reason he recommended extending UNAMI): "UNAMI is involved in ongoing consultation for the condition for conducting a census." There have also been at least 2 articles DIRECTLY addressing the problems relating to the people count and that it is hoped the guidelines for the people may be in place by end of year. Art 140 needs to be addressed before they can finalized a people count.

- - - - - - - - -

@Joeshmoe: I really have no timeline on the elusive RV. IMO...opinion only.... based on UN reports and recent news articles, I think we're in for more of a wait... I don't see the RV this year. I truly hope I'm wrong, but my common sense is telling me we have a while yet. Too much is yet to be done. IMO, I don't think they'll ever get the Erbil Agreement fully completed. I think M will pick and choose what he wants out of it, but will 'monkey-wrench' the Strategic Council and power-sharing til the cows come home. He wants full control. He does not want to share. Period.

Re HCL: IMO, it is possible they may try to push through parts of it. Most of the squabbling comes from the Kurds not happy with the portion they get as well as having to pay for their own defense. They're also po'd at not having much say in the key positions for the GOI. Again, this all falls back on the Erbil Agreement which M has reneged. Any revenue-sharing agreement depends totally on getting the census done. Can't revenue-share unless you know how many people to divvy up the oil spoils to.... There is nothing in the HCL docs that states Iraq can't enter into contracts with oil companies. The Kurds have been doing it for several years now, much to Iraq's irritation. They have ordered the Kurds to stop, claiming they don't have the authority to do so. Yes, the Kurds now are producing the majority of the oil in Iraq. Go figure. Not likely the Kurds will obey until they see the Erbil Agreement enforced. After all, it WAS agreed on, AND signed!

Re Ch7: that is a whole different ball of wax. That is the Kuwaiti mess. Don't see Kuwait releasing Iraq from the remaining Ch7 resolutions until they come to a peaceable agreement re borders, port dispute, monetary compensation in full, etc. Iraq is now disputing the UN mandated borders, claiming they're not fair. Iraq wants them revisited and revised. Now Iraq is having fits over the new Kuwait port. More mass graves have been found. Those need to be catalogued and determined if they contain Kuwaiti bodies. Iraq still has to find and return documents and archives stolen. And on it goes.... Don't look for this to be resolved any time soon either. IMO, I don't think the Kuwait mess has anything to do with the RV/RD. Time (and news articles) will tell.

Re RV vs. RD: IMO, I'm leaning more and more to the RD. Removal of 3 zeros with creation/distribution of a totally new currency, with an exchange of 1000:1 when it happens. For now, there still remains educating the Iraqis as to what this represents and how it will be done. So far, we've seen several articles stating there is major disagreement over the entire transaction. Again, time will tell... stay tuned to news articles and UN reports. IMO, I don't see this happening this year. I hope I'm wrong.

Keep an eye out for articles on Iran. They are FAR more involved in all things Iraq than meets the eye. IMO, this is one of the KEY reasons the power-sharing agreement has failed....

I do not know which of these parts, if any, MUST be done before Iraq redenominates their currency. IMO, the currency project may be a stand-alone event that is moving along as quickly as they can implement it. Who knows.... I sure don't! Just wish they'd get it done!

So what would the RD then do to a million dinars? Drop it down to $1,000? Do you think they would RV after?

Do they need Chap 7 done to have a tradeable/international currency? Would this be a prerequisite to an RV?

Awesome stuff Blue Orchid....awesome!

WOW Blue Orchid................you blow my mind with your research.......................... +1000 :D

I was going to post the link to that Unami speech saying that part of the census was done, but since you quoted it I am not going to search for the MP3. You saved me some work.

I think I am going to try to read through that defense dept. document again. After reading your posts I need to go back through it because I think I missed some things.

Need to take chats/CC with a grain of salt. Some have some interesting speculation on various news articles. Some chats/CC you need a truck full of salt. If the Erbil, HCL, Chapter VII sanctions released or complete formation of the GOI, this would be all over the news posts. It's my experience that nobody has special info or a secret source on these CC's. I wish and hope that one of these persons is correct soon.

Stay grounded, calm and be happy

Go RV/RI B)

Staying grounded is what the Call Squad does, maybe listen to it one time, before you place them with Okie, Tony Gurus...they never say they have special INTEL, just the facts, and you can't argue with facts

Hey BlueOrchid...................................do you have the ability to copy any of the Freedom From Intel document and post it here? There is an interesting bit of information on the monetary policies they are operating under that I would love to let Sonny1 and jmw read just to get their respective opinions but I can't get it to copy/paste.

Edited by acceb75