Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Perfect fix for Congress...

HeyJonesy

Love this quote!

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes I've heard in all this drama about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told Becky Quick.

"You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election."

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=b17560ae-fbd9-4447-8564-f73a8f254637

• Upvote 11

Love it!!!

Have you ever noticed congress is never included in any Healthcare or social security "reform"?

I have a friend which works for the VA and is always telling me, "If you want Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, VA benefits, or other "government" program fixed just make all elected officials, congressmen, senators, all the way to presidents automatically part of these programs. Remove the 'special' programs for civil servants and let them be servants."

How many employees in America would like to tell the company owners, aka "boss", what they wanted in their benefits package, what they were going to pay for it and it would remain in force after being fired, laid-off, and for the dependants of the deceased? I don't think any corporate America businesses would go along with it.

Do not misunderstand! I am a full supporter of all we can do for our military, inactive (for what ever reason ie. but not limited to disability), retired, and/or active!! In fact I do not think we honor and protect them in enough.

I am simply saying, it is easier to spend someone else's money than spend one's owns. Thus, I would also add to Mr. Buffett by saying, "When congress approves a budget with a built-in deficit let the balance come out of their portion of the budget." Bring back the age of accountability. We expect it of our children, ourselves, and even our animals, but when one is elected to public office we seem to exempt them and even give them the power to make laws which make us accountable for them. Why should I be held accountable for the debt created by others concerning something I know nothing of or care about? What would the founding Fathers of America say?

• Upvote 3

This is the kind of person we need running our country. He is a philanthropist as well as one of the world's top money makers. If anyone could fix the mess we are in, it would be him.

All those who understand the law of abundance understand giving through gratitude brings more. Any one who hordes to themselves is destined to unhappiness and lack because they are living in an attitude of lack.

• Upvote 1

Love it!!!

......." Bring back the age of accountability. We expect it of our children, ourselves, and even our animals, but when one is elected to public office we seem to exempt them and even give them the power to make laws which make us accountable for them.

Accountability.. Hmmm. Nicely said ! I will most certainly agree and feel it's about time.