Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

10:00 a.m. ~ UN Webcast Live Schedule for Thursday, 28 July 2011

I am a newbie...please don't bash me too hard! :D

I just found this on another site and copied....not sure what it means, but they think sanctions have been lifted????? DO NOT QUOTE ME....I have no idea!!! :blink: I am just copying the information they posted.

SEE BELOW THE INFORMATION COPIED

Re: $$ UN Security Council Live Webcast Thursday 10:00 EST $$

moto Today at 9:30 am

.Kar/Admin wrote:

This has to do with Resolution 1936, but I don't understand what just happened.

UN closed Resolution 1936 which is UNAMI and that means they are no longer under sanctions of any kind...WHAT DO YOU THINK???.

kristybis4 Today at 9:31 am

.I tend to think you are right moto

kristybis4

Poster

Kar/Admin Today at 9:32 am

.I would think that is correct Moto, but that's only my guess!!!.

moto wrote:

Kar/Admin wrote:

This has to do with Resolution 1936, but I don't understand what just happened.

UN closed Resolution 1936 which is UNAMI and that means they are no longer under sanctions of any kind...WHAT DO YOU THINK???

That is exactly what I understood it to be Moto.. .

IF IT IS IN RELATION TO RESOLUTION 1936 it sounds like they just extended their support..............

Edited by Lotsofdreams

There was also a mention of this being dated 27 July 2011 as far as what they were voting on. It sure didn't take long... less than two min. total from beginning to end... Hope someone else can find this resolution S-2011/465... I'm also guessing this is the correct #'s, I did not write down the #'s they were saying... thought it was going to last a wee bit longer than it did...

The funding for UNAMI was granted for a six month extension back in Dec. I do not expect too much from this meeting.

The UNAMI was just extended for one year, is a humanitarian issue to protect the poor and disenfranchised, and has nothing to do with the sanctions or Chapter 7. Sorry!

• Upvote 1

The UNAMI was just extended for one year, is a humanitarian issue to protect the poor and disenfranchised, and has nothing to do with the sanctions or Chapter 7. Sorry!

Exactly...this strictly humanitarian purposes, hence why the agenda was 1) Iraq 2) darfur 3) lybia