Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Birther Band Wagon and wanna Bees

TPSprayduster

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/birther-terry-lakin-dismissed-army-sentenced-months-prison/story?id=12414886

This is a prime example of following a movement which cost this Col select his career. He disobyed an order to deploy because he felt the Commander in Chief should show his birth certificate. As a military officer it is forbidden to speak disrespectfully toward a superior officer. He took the advice of a lawyer and ended up Dismissed (dishonorable discharge for officers) and six months in the brig. He admitted he made a mistake and ask for light sentence well he got it. Instead of 3 years, 6 months and removed from service. There goes the retirement and benefits. Just an example of following a movement and get kicked to the curb afterwards by the movement. Some birthers said it would be an outcry. He has been forgotten except for this research i did on my own.

Jump on the bandwagon and see where you end up.

Several states were in the process of passing laws that required presidential candidiates to show there birth certificates the long form that is, well after the long form was shown to the world SILENCE, you could hear a Gnat pass gas.

In Closing, i hope all of you have a great day and GO RV :)

Update:

Ltcol Larkin got an early release this was in May 2011 If you want to help him out for taking one for the team here is a link.

http://www.thepostemail.com/2011/05/11/lieutenant-colonel-terry-lakin-decorated-army-doctor-imprisoned-for-challenging-constitutional-presidential-eligibility-gets-early-release/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wars are seldom won in the first battle... It is a series of men who take the first bullets for the right cause. Obama sealed his records on day one in the White House... why? He knows why. Every order from his lips or pen is an illegal one and will be proven as such soon enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your interpetation of that was a total load of BS!

The guy is in the military, there are rules you have to follow, period.

You just cannot disobey an order for a cause just or not.

To blame this on the bogus birth certificate is nonsense, the guy is just an idiot!

Spend the same time looking at the BC instead of looking for fodder.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well... there is a big difference betweeen civilian action and military insubordinance. I'm sure the civilian band wagon has nothing to fear in pursuing the truth... whatever the outcome!

Wars are seldom won in the first battle... It is a series of men who take the first bullets for the right cause. Obama sealed his records on day one in the White House... why? He knows why. Every order from his lips or pen is an illegal one and will be proven as such soon enough.

According to Mr Larkin, he knew he should have followed orders but they blamed on bad advice. He who thinks about the consquences of a decsion and if he has enough ass to take the chewying then go forth and proceed. If not then it is best to chaulk it up as a good try deploy finish your time retire and then talk mad trash. When you listen to bonehead, who pump you up and stand behind up until they have no use for you then who is left holding the bag?

• Downvote 1

According to Mr Larkin, he knew he should have followed orders but they blamed on bad advice. He who thinks about the consquences of a decsion and if he has enough ass to take the chewying then go forth and proceed. If not then it is best to chaulk it up as a good try deploy finish your time retire and then talk mad trash. When you listen to bonehead, who pump you up and stand behind up until they have no use for you then who is left holding the bag?

I feel badly for the "REAL" soldiers, who expected Larkin to have their backs, over in the M E.

• Downvote 1

If you spent any time in the service you should know that while yes it is a crime to disobey a lawful order , it is a bigger crime to follow and carry out an unlawful one. So if 05 Larkin felt it was an unlawful order he should have stuck to his guns and insisted on a courtmartial. Believe me if he had and there was any merit to his defence it would have come out in the article 32 hearing. This is much more than jumping on a bandwagon, because if it should come out that Obama isn't qualified to be president , then technicaly all orders carried out that were issued by him could be unlawful and open up a huge mess for all.

• Upvote 1

Just my thoughts, Think about ware we or our country would be if all our service men and women took Mr Larkins approach. We would all be in a world of Sh$$. He took an oath to serve and didn't fallow through. He should be reprimanded for his actions. If all did what they wanted and disobeyed orders you wouldn't be typing your post my brother. :o

• Downvote 2

Wars are seldom won in the first battle... It is a series of men who take the first bullets for the right cause. Obama sealed his records on day one in the White House That is a blatant birther lie.... why? He knows why. Every order from his lips or pen is an illegal one and will be proven as such soon enough.Wrong again.

If you spent any time in the service you should know that while yes it is a crime to disobey a lawful order , it is a bigger crime to follow and carry out an unlawful one. So if 05 Larkin felt it was an unlawful order he should have stuck to his guns and insisted on a courtmartial. Believe me if he had and there was any merit to his defence it would have come out in the article 32 hearing. This is much more than jumping on a bandwagon, because if it should come out that Obama isn't qualified to be president , then technicaly all orders carried out that were issued by him could be unlawful Need to read up on the Defacto Officer Doctrine, and you would know that was false.and open up a huge mess for all.Even IF he wasn't eligible to be President, all of the laws he passed would still be legal and would stand.

I would not want to be in a foxhole with Lt. Col. Larkin.

Wonder what happened to the soldier who was sent to war in his place?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If you spent any time in the service you should know that while yes it is a crime to disobey a lawful order , it is a bigger crime to follow and carry out an unlawful one. So if 05 Larkin felt it was an unlawful order he should have stuck to his guns and insisted on a courtmartial. Believe me if he had and there was any merit to his defence it would have come out in the article 32 hearing. This is much more than jumping on a bandwagon, because if it should come out that Obama isn't qualified to be president , then technicaly all orders carried out that were issued by him could be unlawful and open up a huge mess for all.

That is a huge "what if?".

Whether I like it or not, Obama is the President, and Larkin's boss.

Larkin chose to join the military. He was not drafted.

Like I said- I feel badly for the soldiers that joined with true intentions.

Larkin really sounds like some of those that joined for a place to live , workout, and eat, hoping to never have to do their jobs.

Delta, he did insist on a courts martial

found guilty of disobeying orders

ask for a light sentence but prosecution hammered him

Sentence. Dismissed from the Service(dishonorable discharge for officers)

forfeit all pay and allowance

6 months in the Brig

Released in may 5 months served.

Sir, if you read the links i provided for all you would have seen his courts martial, blame his former defense attorney and admitted he made a bad decision. It is Mr larkin not O5 Larkin. He may appeal but it is unlikely he will get his rank back. Sir, if they had evidence that the President was not qualified then It would be 06 Larkin instead of Mr Larkin.

• Upvote 1

I feel badly for the "REAL" soldiers, who expected Larkin to have their backs, over in the M E.

His defending the oath he took and knowing the fact that if Obama is not eligible then every single military soldier could be charged with war crimes for following those unlawful orders. Yep, I'd say Lakin is a very fine soldier who did in fact have his fellow militart men and women's backs and he put his 20+ career on the line and went to military prison to stand up for what is right. I'd take a guy like that anyday to have my back.

He was being railroaded through his trial and that military Judge claimed she would not allow the release of Obama's birth certificate because it would be an embarrassment to Obama. Well I wonder what that was because the one released certainly did not reveal anything embarrassing, other than the fact it has been prove a very bad forgery! LOL

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

His defending the oath he took and knowing the fact that if Obama is not eligible then every single military soldier could be charged with war crimes for following those unlawful orders.That's a flat out lie. No soldier is expected to examine the credentials of every officer over him before accpeting an order. Yep, I'd say Lakin is a very fine soldier who did in fact have his fellow militart men and women's backs and he put his 20+ career on the line and went to military prison to stand up for what is right. I'd take a guy like that anyday to have my back. Bet the guy who went to Iraq in his place doesn't feel the same way.

He was being railroaded through his trial and that military Judge claimed she would not allow the release of Obama's birth certificate because it would be an embarrassment to Obama. No, because it wasn't germane to the fact that he REFUSED an order.Well I wonder what that was because the one released certainly did not reveal anything embarrassing, other than the fact it has been prove a very bad forgery! LOL No, it wasn't...and the state of Hawaii verified it AGAIN.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think too many people are taking this at face value. Judging by the comments, names and locations of some of the respondences to this topic it is easy to see some of you are or have been in the service and some have not. But for everyones sake lets take an outside look at this. As an Officer depending on your level of education you are commissioned into the Army a 2nd Lieutenant you make 1st Lieutenant and Caption with in the first four years then you attend a Captions course and after serving in select command roles you make Major. Lieutenant Coronal is the first rank as an officer you are selected by a board for. It is a MAJOR step but it is just one. Yes it is true some good officers spend a carrier never getting passed that step but some great enlisted men and women spend a carrier as a Sargent First Class. The first position you are selected for as an enlisted man. All lower ranks are awarded at much lower levels.

Now back to Officers. After Lt. Col you have Coronal and five different levels of General.

So are you trying to tell me that a man at the lowest Board selected rank demanded to see the President Birth Certificate or he would not deploy and he honestly thought anyone would listen to him? (Thats a rhetorical question) NO that was a ploy. Their is more to the story. Now before you start your "you don't know what your talking about" stuff. Look at my Location. I am military. On the biggest per capita Army post in the US. I can't fart and 5 Lt. Col's not smell it. this guy's stand noble as it may sound had little if anything to do with what he claims and Lt. Col's are a dime a dozen. If he had waited till he had that full bird on his chest he would have been harder to replace but with out it. His "promotable" status means nothing. Promotable is not a rank in the Army. It's something we add to the end of your title to say your time is ALMOST up. But even privates know ALMOST only counts with hand grenades. Just food for thought. Nothing more.

• Upvote 2