Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So why can't the LOP happen?

IhaveMySources

It sounds to me that the LOP is very probable. Basically what the article is saying is that the large denominations will have 3 zeros dropped, and that new lower denomination currency will be implemented. What's so unbelievable about that? IMHO, I think that the issuing of the lower denom's and the RV will happen at the same time, so a 25k note will be worth and treated like a 25 dinar note, and then because of the rv, it would be worth $75 , assuming a rate of 3:1. Couldn't this happen? And don't give me some story about alliances and how other countries will be mad and won't help them because somebody will help them as long as there is money to be made. Also, I don't think many countries will be mad or angry, they would have tripled their investment if it went down this way. Please don't bash me, and if you do, atleast do it politely. I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking. Thanks.

It sounds to me that the LOP is very probable. Basically what the article is saying is that the large denominations will have 3 zeros dropped, and that new lower denomination currency will be implemented. What's so unbelievable about that? IMHO, I think that the issuing of the lower denom's and the RV will happen at the same time, so a 25k note will be worth and treated like a 25 dinar note, and then because of the rv, it would be worth $75 , assuming a rate of 3:1. Couldn't this happen? And don't give me some story about alliances and how other countries will be mad and won't help them because somebody will help them as long as there is money to be made. Also, I don't think many countries will be mad or angry, they would have tripled their investment if it went down this way. Please don't bash me, and if you do, atleast do it politely. I'm just saying what a lot of people are thinking. Thanks.

You are right to a point. I think they are dropping 3 Zeros from the currency that they have in cir right now and going to RV at the same time to the lower denoms. So that way they get there trillions in cir down to billions. I think they plan on an even swap in value of old and new.......so no one loses money and no one gains any. Now over time I think you are right it could go to $3 and you triple your money!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok that is in your Opinion. Now here is My Opinion. And everyone has one so please dont shoot me for expressing mine.

I guess it is all how you look at it. I do not believe when they are talking about dropping the 3 zeros on the money means that.

I feel what they are saying is, the money with the three zeros will be gradually phased out.

1. RV -- This will cause many to exchange their larger notes ( 3 zeroed currency) to be exchanged for USD.

2. Lower denominations ( At the New RV Value) will be circulated -- which will cause even more of the larger notes (3 zeroed currency) to be exchanged for the smaller notes. (Continue to phase out the 3 zero'ed notes)

3. Eventually like our larger notes here in the USA their larger notes will be phased out of circulation.

4. Nobody has said that the larger notes will be useless even in the distant future. (They will be phased out of circulation.)

(If you still had a $500.00 or $1000.00 USD in your possession it is still worth those values today. (But that currency has been phased out of circulation.)

JMO

The thing that gets me is that why on earth would CBI announce an RV of 1000 dinar: 1 USD. That would be insane. They would never give a heads up like that because it is pretty obvious that every sane person would run and go buy as many Dinar as possible. I mean, really?? Why would they do that, they wouldn't! They are telling everyone in plain English what they are going to do, and its not like we dreamed of. I was cautiously optimistic about this investment, and I only invested what I could comfortably afford to lose. I feel bad for those who may have taken out credit card advances or otherwise gone into debt to buy dinar. Remember what we know: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I don't think I will lose money in this deal, but it might take a year or so to double my investment, which is fine by me. However, making millions of dollars is just not gonna happen, and I was silly to think that it could. Nothing like what WE wanted has ever happened in history, has it? Correct me if I am wrong. I would love for this fantasy come true, but honestly, the only ones who are making a killing on this deal are the dealers themselves.

The thing that gets me is that why on earth would CBI announce an RV of 1000 dinar: 1 USD. That would be insane. They would never give a heads up like that because it is pretty obvious that every sane person would run and go buy as many Dinar as possible. I mean, really?? Why would they do that, they wouldn't! They are telling everyone in plain English what they are going to do, and its not like we dreamed of. I was cautiously optimistic about this investment, and I only invested what I could comfortably afford to lose. I feel bad for those who may have taken out credit card advances or otherwise gone into debt to buy dinar. Remember what we know: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I don't think I will lose money in this deal, but it might take a year or so to double my investment, which is fine by me. However, making millions of dollars is just not gonna happen, and I was silly to think that it could. Nothing like what WE wanted has ever happened in history, has it? Correct me if I am wrong. I would love for this fantasy come true, but honestly, the only ones who are making a killing on this deal are the dealers themselves.

Oh how I wish you were wrong...........but I agree.......... you are not!

• Downvote 1

Seems to me if a lop occured would be AFTER rv, or concurrent because the currency is near valueless now imagine if it lopped at its current rate? I dont see that happening and Iraq wouldnt be attractive to investors which it is trying so hard to attract, think about it!

I know that Adam addressed the larger denoms in his chat this a.m., only to say that he thought via the info he got from his CBI contact that they would be good. And from what I understood, his take on the "re-denomination article" was that it was a very positive indication that the RV was upon us in some sense. What I have not seen him address as having been discussed with his CBI contact is this very question ... are we looking at a removal of three 000's and THEN the RV? Good, pointed question for his contact, eh?

Seems to me if a lop occured would be AFTER rv, or concurrent because the currency is near valueless now imagine if it lopped at its current rate? I dont see that happening and Iraq wouldnt be attractive to investors which it is trying so hard to attract, think about it!

Ok, so if they leave it as is today, or lop 3 zeroes today, what's the difference? Doesn't seem to be a very valid point.

You must look at the whole picture. A bank does not just exchange currency for the heck of it. Especially one that is under the guidence of the IMF and is rebuilding. It is very expensive to do this and there must be a real purpose. To exchange to remove just 3 zeros for convienece is completely rediculious. There is a plan. And that plan is yet to unfold. But I feel they must RV prior to any such swapping of currency to acheive the goals they want. It just makes sense.

why dont you talk about something constructive, i have my sources it is not happening so get of the wagon and post positive you must of voted for obama

Uhm, what? Nobody's 'sources' have been right thus far so what would make yours better than anyone else's? Who are you to tell someone what to do, or to insinuate who they voted for like its an insult? The fact that anything is being done is positive, and I am posting positive. Just because its not something that tickles your ear doesn't mean its not positive. I am looking at hopefully a 300% increase or more if it lops. That sounds pretty positive to me.

And I don't know what you all know about lops, but its not a devaluation at all. It changes the face of the currency and increases the value of each note without adding additional wealth to the country. It does not devalue the currency at all. If 25000 dinar is worth 25 dinar after a lop, then a 25000 dinar item is worth 25 dinar after the lop. Of course something still needs to be done afterward and I am hoping for them to increase it with a reval after this happens, if it happens. Please don't act like a know-it-all if you have no clue what you are talking about.

why dont you talk about something constructive, i have my sources it is not happening so get of the wagon and post positive you must of voted for obama

Why dont you take your opinion elsewhere, we are sharing thoughts here, and dont ever insult me with your Obama reference again pea brain.

My opinion on this is Iraq is doing this for there own good. After the old notes were removed from circulation and they printed new ones the average Iraqi lost out on the deal and they became poverty stricken. The way I see it is they want to give back there people what they took in the past. They will RV and at that point the Iraqi people will turn in there larger notes that they carry on them and will be replaced with smaller notes. This is all for there people and others that are going to do business with them in the future. They will not lop, that will do them no good whatsoever. We as investors own a very small amount of dinars, they are not concerned with us at all. So what we turn in is a small amount. JMO

We are debating and expressing our opinions on what the article means. So instead of relying on a source(one of the talking heads who have never been right I bet) stop acting like a lemming and do you're own research and make it a constructive debate

• Downvote 1

Why don't you see that happening? If it went for a 1:1 then you'd have the same amount, and a 2:1, double. People wouldn't be mad. Everyone on this site has tunnel vision, because they have this built up idea that millions of dollars are a possibility. However, you also must consider that this 1000% increase was never even a possibility to CBI,TBI, or the GOI, these guys might have never even thought about it. Nobody on here actually talks with any key people in Iraq, though they may say otherwise, but you know they don't. "pipe dreams", sorry but since nobody on here is an actual currency trader or directly involved with any of this, we have no idea what is happening.

Why don't you see that happening? If it went for a 1:1 then you'd have the same amount, and a 2:1, double. People wouldn't be mad. Everyone on this site has tunnel vision, because they have this built up idea that millions of dollars are a possibility. However, you also must consider that this 1000% increase was never even a possibility to CBI,TBI, or the GOI, these guys might have never even thought about it. Nobody on here actually talks with any key people in Iraq, though they may say otherwise, but you know they don't. "pipe dreams", sorry but since nobody on here is an actual currency trader or directly involved with any of this, we have no idea what is happening.

I partially agree with this. Specifically that most people have tunnel vision. The majority of the public does not invest personally and does not want to because its not a 'right now' return or a get-rich-quick scheme. Looking at 10s of thousands of percentage return on this makes it out to be a get-rich-quick scheme and has brought so many people who are otherwise not investors on board with it. When you mention that you may get 200-300% increase, which in the investment world is really good considering the amount of time most have been invested, as a worst case scenario then people start to lose it because to them its not an investment at all.

My question is if they drop three 0's off the 25k note how would that effect the local Iraqi people? The government of Iraq really doesn't care about us here in the U.S.A. but do need the people of Iraq to have confidence in them as leaders. If the decrease the value of the dinar to a point that it is worth so little compared to what they had yesterday then how would they react? If they have been paid or saved up the dinar and all of a sudden it loses so much value then what confidence would they have? I believe that they will make sure that they keep the people of Iraq as happy as possible in order to maintain power and by taking away a huge value in thier currency would not achieve this. I have no proof or documumented evidence but common sense tells me that the government will not allow the people to lose out on the money they have invested in the new government. Now, if the people of Iraq only hold a small portion of dinars and the international community is the major holder of the dinars in circulation then I could see them doing a LOP in order to maintain thier levels of investment in country. So the biggest question I have is what percentage of the dinars out there are held by Iraqi's and what percentage is held by others?