Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Travel Alert with 20,000,000 million IQD to the Airport

Marshallpr

Does anybody know if your allowed to travel with lots of Dinars in the Airport? What would happen with TSA? Cash in time is very close and we have to be very concerned that in the airport they don't confiscate your money.:rolleyes: If anybody knows about the situation please explain to all of us who bought dinars and are in plans to travel to cash in.:woot:

I have thought of that myself. I know that you can't come through Customs without declaring an amount you are carrying. I think it is $10,000. It is a different scenario. But I was wondering if that is true in the states as well. Would you be flagged because the money is from Iraq? That would be a horrible thing to miss a flight, be pulled over, questioned, have money confiscated etc. Or worse yet....have money taken from you and never seen again. A similiar thing like that happened to me in Zimbabwe.

The protocol is, call the airport you will be leaving from and ask their drill, you don't need to do anything unless what you are carrying/travellinmg with anything in excess of 10K. In my case I was asking about lvng from Charlottee -- I was told to come EARLY for the flight, they suggested an hr earlier than usual but that it probably wouldn't take that, and that the first official I met (thay said, likely the ticket counter) to tell them I needed them to call downstairs to customs that I needed to register something and that a customs official would come up to help me w/ some paperwork that is supposed to be easy. They downplayed everything: Easy, no big deal, might take a little time if agents were busy with something else. I was inquiring about flying to Montreal, and was told to also call them (never got an answer but didn't try too hard) to ask what to do on the other end.

BEWARE!!! when I said they downplayed everything, that was IF you followed procedures. IF you DO NOT. I was warned that you may have huge trouble, will be assumed you are involed in money launderinng or an illegal pursuit and you may head straight for jail. TAKE NO CHANCES, openly declare in advance. **(mod, if this could please be added to last post, do so -- don't want anyone reading last post but not this one. Thanks!)

i had personally called the tsa and they told me their is no law not allowing you to carry your currency on a flight even in large amounts. my only concern was that if that money has that metal strip in it will it cause alarms to go off and does the actual untrained tsa joe at the gate know the rules or not because i dont want to draw any attention to my self. and i really didnt want to put it in a check in bag. i would only use a carry on but thats all i know

i had personally called the tsa and they told me their is no law not allowing you to carry your currency on a flight even in large amounts. my only concern was that if that money has that metal strip in it will it cause alarms to go off and does the actual untrained tsa joe at the gate know the rules or not because i dont want to draw any attention to my self. and i really didnt want to put it in a check in bag. i would only use a carry on but thats all i know

I travelled from Florida to Denver with some of mine in my hand luggage, no problems, no alarms etc from the metal strips.

I have had my Dinar for just over 5 year's, and I have herd alot... NOT TO FLY!!!!! you will lose your money. I would hope everyone got into there cars and go on a road trip. That would be very Sad if any one lost there Dinar going through the airport crap.

My thoughts as well, drive to your destination to cash in. A couple hours drive may save you from a few days in the " Pokey " or be sequestered by the PO PO. Don't take any chances on that part of the trip. Find out in advance if you still want to fly the friendly skies. The less attention you draw to your situation will be to your own advantage. Not everybody is aware of this type of transaction. We who have been fortunate enough to have been given this opportunity must be " Wise " as we can. Don't put yourself in position to be questioned about all those dinars. That's just my opinion. See ya in the " BIG APPLE "..

currency is currency. you cannot travel with nothing more that $10000 on you. i have seen two travelers stop because they had more than that amount in their presents.like (2 bbs) said either charter a jet or send it as freight on the same flight that you are going on.

I do know that one can only take 10,000 dollars in or out of the country because they asked you. Why not call the TSA and ask them. You can always hire a money transport company to deliver your dinars from one bank to another.

If you need to be more accurate in the information relating to hard cash on board the plane, please just phone up to the flight information counter in your own state and check it out right now. It should take you to get an updated good answer from the right source within a few minutes. I believe the flight security dept may give you a form to fill up your identity and declaration of how much foreign currency you carry. Remember to ask them for a duplicate copy for safety sake. Do not let bloggers give you the wrong answer now and then blame them later.