Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

cbi.iq Google search

silicon

Hi,

I have been invested since '04 and have been following this site for over a year now and haven't really had anything useful to say until now. I have noticed that the CBI's website has two areas where they store documentation.

You can go HERE and see what Google has indexed within the CBI website. Notably I found this spreadsheet that is titled "KEY FINANCIAL INDICATORS FOR May 18, 2011" Here is a link to the spreadsheet if you don't have MS Excel - Spreadsheet

I am not a financial wizard and would like to pass along this information for people that do understand financials in hopes that they may be able to find something useful within. My apologies if this has been posted before. Enjoy!

Go RV!

~silicon

• Upvote 2

Hi,

I have been invested since '04 and have been following this site for over a year now and haven't really had anything useful to say until now. I have noticed that the CBI's website has two areas where they store documentation.

You can go HERE and see what Google has indexed within the CBI website. Notably I found this spreadsheet that is titled "KEY FINANCIAL INDICATORS FOR May 18, 2011" Here is a link to the spreadsheet if you don't have MS Excel - Spreadsheet

I am not a financial wizard and would like to pass along this information for people that do understand financials in hopes that they may be able to find something useful within. My apologies if this has been posted before. Enjoy!

Go RV!

~silicon

yeah thats common ammo used around these forums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't claim to be an economist, but I have read, studied, and followed the economics of Iraq and other countries for the last 7 years......does this make me an expert??? Hell NO, but I do have a good idea of how things work.

2 things jump out at me.

Reserves $61.6 billion

M2 58.4 trillion dinars

What Does M2 Mean?

A category within the money supply that includes M1 in addition to all time-related deposits, savings deposits, and non-institutional money-market funds.

Investopedia explains M2

M2 is a broader classification of money than M1. Economists use M2 when looking to quantify the amount of money in circulation and trying to explain different economic monetary conditions.

58.4T/1170=49.5B

49.5 billion DOLLARS worth of dinar in circ, and 61.6 billion dollars in reserves.

Shabibi is maintaining 100%+ reserves, as he has done since the new currency was issued.

Question to the gurus.

How does Shabibi rv to even 1-1 with what he currently has to work with? Can someone please explain the economics to me?

Edited by MrFnHappy

Thanks for posting Silicon, I imagine you can't wait for this ride to be over with! GO RV!smile.gif

It's been a long ride but I remember thinking it would be a long time til I would see any return as the situation in Iraq in '04 was a complete flustcluck. Comparing then to now, Iraq has come a long way. I just hope they can get this thing done.

Go RV!

~silicon

• Upvote 1

I don't claim to be an economist, but I have read, studied, and followed the economics of Iraq and other countries for the last 7 years......does this make me an expert??? Hell NO, but I do have a good idea of how things work.

2 things jump out at me.

Reserves $61.6 billion

M2 58.4 trillion dinars

58.4T/1170=49.5B

49.5 billion DOLLARS worth of dinar in circ, and 61.6 billion dollars in reserves.

Shabibi is maintaining 100%+ reserves, as he has done since the new currency was issued.

Question to the gurus.

How does Shabibi rv to even 1-1 with what he currently has to work with? Can someone please explain the economics to me?

Fractional Banking. They only need a percentage of those reserves because they won't pay out every single dinar in circulation. If you have 1 mil dinar, I will bet you $10,000 that you won't go to the bank and tell them that you want a cool million in cash. A) it will take to long, and B) it'd be silly honestly. Most people are going to use cashier's checks to verify funds when paying for items that are huge. Those numbers give financial guru's a idea so they can balance numbers off their budget. Ever done your budget at home and it be off some? I know I have, a pay check was a little short or high.

Just my thoughts.

Fractional Banking. They only need a percentage of those reserves because they won't pay out every single dinar in circulation. If you have 1 mil dinar, I will bet you $10,000 that you won't go to the bank and tell them that you want a cool million in cash. A) it will take to long, and B) it'd be silly honestly. Most people are going to use cashier's checks to verify funds when paying for items that are huge. Those numbers give financial guru's a idea so they can balance numbers off their budget. Ever done your budget at home and it be off some? I know I have, a pay check was a little short or high.

Just my thoughts.

I am aware of fractional banking, and in fact Iraqi private banks employ fractional banking right now, per CBI mandated banking regs.

Fact is, fractional banking increases the M2.