Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

National bank of Kuwait offering better rate than CBI

this may be nothing but was just looking on the national bank of Kuwait's (NBK) website they seem to have a better rate than the CBI

On CBI site the sell rate for pounds sterling is 1930 IQD to £1

if you go to the link below for the NBK currency converter starting currency is Iraqi dinar amount is 1930 and convert it to pounds sterling you get £1.12

It's only a small difference but 12p is the equivalent of over 200 dinar

CBI rate to sterling would be 0.00053

NBK rate to sterling is 0.00058

And its the same for the Dollar, Iraqi dinar @ 1170 equals $1.11 USD

Why such a difference ???

http://www.kuwait.nbk.com/support/tools/currencyconverter_en_gb.aspx

Edited by The Machine
  • Upvote 5

• 7 months later...

NBK has been somewhere between 1151 and 1149 for a while now. When I banked there I would go in once a month to check the rate, and when I asked when it would be revalueing they would just laugh at me. There was a story going around Kuwait last year that a certain bank in Kuwait was cashing people out at 35 cents to the dinar for people who had at least 100K of KWD in their accounts. Several of my friends went to the bank that day and security would not let them in the door. Supposedly it was going on for a day or two for Kuwaiti's only, but I don't remember if it was ever de-bunked or not?

• Upvote 1

Folks I may get blasted for this but I believe the reason we are not allowed to go into any zone in Iraq is because there is an in country something going on. What to call it I don't know. But if I were an Iraq and believed my countries currency was going to RV or RI I would hang onto as much of it as I could. Is why I don't understand why peeps think that nothing has happened there and Shabibi has pulled trillion off the streets. Also how Exxon could make so many pounds off the oil investments in Iraq unless some other deal has gone down that is being kept very quiet. I may be wrong but am afraid AFRAID I am right. I want to be wrong. But tell me how many of you really believe any government is going to tell the truth to their people. I sure don't believe ours does nor do I believe the media does. Folks read the bills yourself being passed here in this country. Read the history of the presidential nominees yourself. Don't listen to media tripe read for yourself. The least scary one out there is Ron Paul and after that none else. The rest are puppets. If you don't think the federal reserve has a seat in congress for a reason you need to quit doing those kind of drugs. We are a bunch of people heading to hell in the name of politics right now. When they get all the bills passed they will fire the military that has not been indoctrinated to the new form of government and those are the first ones they will come after. Thye will give you drugs in vet hospitals in the form of flu vaccines or some other needed vaccine and will kill the known fighters for freedom then the rest of the populace will be easy. There will probobly be a mandated RFID chip or implant by some other name with a trace of cyanide that can be exploded when they decide you are not an asset. I would be very careful if I were anyone thinking of RFID or implantation. It not only tells medical but it locates you and controls your nerve impulses. It runs off of your nerve impulses. If you don't think they can manipulate you with it you are a funny farm candidate. It is coming folks be ready for it. May be the only way vets can get medical in a year or two is if they have it.

Edited by CrappieShark
  • Upvote 3

Folks I may get blasted for this but I believe the reason we are not allowed to go into any zone in Iraq is because there is an in country something going on. What to call it I don't know. But if I were an Iraq and believed my countries currency was going to RV or RI I would hang onto as much of it as I could. Is why I don't understand why peeps think that nothing has happened there and Shabibi has pulled trillion off the streets. Also how Exxon could make so many pounds off the oil investments in Iraq unless some other deal has gone down that is being kept very quiet. I may be wrong but am afraid AFRAID I am right. I want to be wrong. But tell me how many of you really believe any government is going to tell the truth to their people. I sure don't believe ours does nor do I believe the media does. Folks read the bills yourself being passed here in this country. Read the history of the presidential nominees yourself. Don't listen to media tripe read for yourself. The least scary one out there is Ron Paul and after that none else. The rest are puppets. If you don't think the federal reserve has a seat in congress for a reason you need to quit doing those kind of drugs. We are a bunch of people heading to hell in the name of politics right now. When they get all the bills passed they will fire the military that has not been indoctrinated to the new form of government and those are the first ones they will come after. Thye will give you drugs in vet hospitals in the form of flu vaccines or some other needed vaccine and will kill the known fighters for freedom then the rest of the populace will be easy. There will probobly be a mandated RFID chip or implant by some other name with a trace of cyanide that can be exploded when they decide you are not an asset. I would be very careful if I were anyone thinking of RFID or implantation. It not only tells medical but it locates you and controls your nerve impulses. It runs off of your nerve impulses. If you don't think they can manipulate you with it you are a funny farm candidate. It is coming folks be ready for it. May be the only way vets can get medical in a year or two is if they have it.

Huh? :blink: