Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

One Step Closer

I bet he's voted in, Obeidi. He just survived an assassination attempt. Unless the IS repeals his nomination, I don't see this derailing him being voted in. Do you think that the GOI would pull him just because of an IED attack? It may solidify the GOI behind him. The would be assassins may have just guaranteed that he's voted in.

• Upvote 1

Article link

Redsand; You must be a prophet!

29/05/2011 14:36:00

Baghdad (NINA) – Iraqiya Slate candidate for the Ministry of Defense, Khalid Al Obeidi, was severely injured in an assassination attempt this afternoon in Mosul.

A source in Obeidi’s office said to NINA on Sunday that “an AED blasted in Obeidi’s car, leading to injuring him severely, he was immediately admitted to hospital.”

“The convoy contains Obeidi’s car and a number of traffic police cars, Obeidi was not in his car as kind of camouflage, and he was in one of the traffic police cars,” the source added, pointing out that the AED was put in the car he went in.

“Obeidi now is in the hospital to get the shrapnel out of his body,” the source went on saying.

Obeidi was earlier nominated by Iraqiya Slate for the MOD, but, it withdrew him from the names for the post despite that Maliki insisted on him. /End/

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/68491-breaking-news%e2%80%a6is-candidate-for-mod-survives-assassination/#ixzz1NmHce7ox

rsskelton; Sorry 'bout that duplication there. I didn't see your post before I added mine.

I didn't mean to post that again. Sorry!

3 hours after this guy is nominated some one tried to whack him, now he is in the hospital recovering pulling shrapnel out his @$$, its the Iraqi mafia, sounds like the next big hbo series, might be interesting? lol, anyways don't these people wanna be rich even the dudes with the silencers I'm sure they own dinar? Lets seat the government and pull the trigger on the RV! M & S Let's get it done! POST RV WILL = GREATNESS 4 EVERYONE!

GO RV!!!!!!! :woot: :woot:

Lets get them voted in to place now so this part is a done deal. That would make 2 things done and only the HCL left to do. I am getting excited and I want this done so we can have an RV. Since Maliki said RV would be higher the prewar times I am feeling really good today and feel mid June to end of June is the time frame we are looking at now (please god let this be done please).

So one of the canidates is pulling shrapnel (sp?) out of his body. So does this article mean much now?

This article about the re-nomination came out AFTER the attack by over 24 hrs.

He is fine, welcome to Baghdad. :lol:

Lets get them voted in to place now so this part is a done deal. That would make 2 things done and only the HCL left to do. I am getting excited and I want this done so we can have an RV. Since Maliki said RV would be higher the prewar times I am feeling really good today and feel mid June to end of June is the time frame we are looking at now (please god let this be done please).

Did they not say they would call an emergency Parliment meeting to vote for the Minister of Defence?