Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Website?

ezjc79

Guest marketralley

This far behing is not normal. Now don't say that it means it rv'd. But, the single fact is that the site has not been updared since the 28th.

I read somewhere that today and tomorrow are some kind of holidays in Iraq. Not everything is closed, but the CBI might be. Some government offices are closed.

Go to CBI site, it will give a list for holidays,I don't think yesterday or today were any holidays, may be closed for security reasons, or because they are gonna update site, I don't really know, just seems strange to me.

Artist...why do you think it isn't there now..I look for it almost every day?

Terr:

To be perfectly honest with you, I haven't the foggiest idea why they have suspended any reporting. However, my best tea-leaf speculation is that they are vigorously engaging in those very same sub rosa open-market operations that I have mentioned on numerous occasions in these Forums before, and in anticipation of the upcoming elections. We're approaching that thirty-day window come Sunday.

They can make all the agreements they want (US), get billions in foreign debt forgiven (China), cut all the sweetheart oil deals they can (China/BP/Chevron), get all the sanctions lifted they can (UN/Kuwait), and even join the GCC countries as a major player, but it will all be to no avail regarding the estimable (and relative) trading value of the Iraqi dinar.

In addition to all of the above, and in order for an RV to even be possible—let alone, effective—the physical "money" supply (M1) has to be dried up by one-third to one-half ("open-market operations") and be either sequestered, spirited out of the country, or destroyed. Another problem, of course, are those nations outside Iraq that have extensive reserves of dinars—most notably, China; but even the Chinese wouldn't do anything rash in light of their now quite-vested interest in the Iraqi economy. It's China's "rainy-day" stash.

Now, and with the way some of my other luck has been running recently, the CBI will make a blasted fool of me and recommence reporting by midnight our times. I am actually doing better with my Series 1988 Rwandan 5000 franc notes, as they have appreciated ten-fold since buying them.

Again, open-market operations, increasing the discount rates (lending rates) to the sixteen domestic member banks, and increasing the cash liquidity reserve ratios (actual piles of paper currency) in each and every one of the individual branches in Iraq from 20% to 25% will be required for anything to inch forward.

To be closed for one day is one thing; however, to be closed for three consecutive trading days smells of something completely different.

The longer the CBI chooses to suspend actual trading, the far better it is for we currency investors.

Nothing seems normal these days.

Dinardoll:

Today is now day 4 in a row that the CBI has yet to either trade or publicly report, so I guess they didn't make the fool of me after all.

Yes, everything's up for grabs, now, and "nothing seems normal these days". As Gunner very astutely pointed out in the "11th hour rv/ri" thread, February has only twenty-eight days, thus, abbreviating the election window vs. Iraqi law.

The "something" game this time is afoot

Terr:

To be perfectly honest with you, I haven't the foggiest idea why they have suspended any reporting. However, my best tea-leaf speculation is that they are vigorously engaging in those very same sub rosa open-market operations that I have mentioned on numerous occasions in these Forums before, and in anticipation of the upcoming elections. We're approaching that thirty-day window come Sunday.

They can make all the agreements they want (US), get billions in foreign debt forgiven (China), cut all the sweetheart oil deals they can (China/BP/Chevron), get all the sanctions lifted they can (UN/Kuwait), and even join the GCC countries as a major player, but it will all be to no avail regarding the estimable (and relative) trading value of the Iraqi dinar.

In addition to all of the above, and in order for an RV to even be possible—let alone, effective—the physical "money" supply (M1) has to be dried up by one-third to one-half ("open-market operations") and be either sequestered, spirited out of the country, or destroyed. Another problem, of course, are those nations outside Iraq that have extensive reserves of dinars—most notably, China; but even the Chinese wouldn't do anything rash in light of their now quite-vested interest in the Iraqi economy. It's China's "rainy-day" stash.

Now, and with the way some of my other luck has been running recently, the CBI will make a blasted fool of me and recommence reporting by midnight our times. I am actually doing better with my Series 1988 Rwandan 5000 franc notes, as they have appreciated ten-fold since buying them.

Again, open-market operations, increasing the discount rates (lending rates) to the sixteen domestic member banks, and increasing the cash liquidity reserve ratios (actual piles of paper currency) in each and every one of the individual branches in Iraq from 20% to 25% will be required for anything to inch forward.

To be closed for one day is one thing; however, to be closed for three consecutive trading days smells of something completely different.

The longer the CBI chooses to suspend actual trading, the far better it is for we currency investors.

I so appreciate you making an attempt to answer, I have asked several times, no answer. I thank you. I find it odd we can not get exchange rate any longer,on CBI site. I agree the longer this goes on, it makes me think , time they needed for possible announcement, and heres hoping , a final end to this roller coaster ride. Here is hoping! terr