Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What happened to ERM?

warrengz

Today there is no reason for the ERM to be active. Exchange Rate Mechanism is an agreement made by a country to keep the value within established boundries of other neighboring currencies.... i.e. within 2.75% of each other's value. With the Dinar at .000866 cents, there is no need for ERM. When the IQD revalues and discussion turns to joining the GCC, ERM will be of interest to the trading partners. Think of the Euro..... each country is bound by an ERM.

Ok so you guys are saying it went into effect on Sunday so now the. 0008 value can only fluctuate 2.25% up or down, and THAT'S A GOOD THING? Im looking for educated opinions on why a law did not happen that is effecting the Iraqi economy. And I understand what u implied goldminer which is why I started this thread. So any other analysis?

Can Iraq revalue at 10 cents and then ERM is forced to set in by the authorized entity? What would happen next? Can an already revalued IQD be re-revalued higher in one year's or two years' time? Let us discuss about it with more common sense this time. No bashing, please!