Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

sec.ministries named within the hour

Hell froze over

Please help me, just because they get the security ministers seated does that mean there will automatically be an RV? Shabby has stated for it to happen the security and stability of the country has to be in place. With the infighting within the government there doesn't seem to be a lot of stability, and just because a security minister is in place doesn't mean the security problems are solved. (IMHO) Want RV to happen NOW but am I deluding myself?

No, it does not mean an immediate RV, but it is a positive step in completing the formaition of the GOI. The security ministers, minister of interior and the defense minister still need to officially be named. Once the GOI is complete, there is speculation that Shabibi will pull the trigger on the RV.

I don't see any posts confirming the names have actually been submitted, and it is now evening there. The GOI seems to think that saying you are going to do something to placate the people is just as good as actually doing it!

And I agree with the others of us who think their definitions of "Soon" and "Shortly" are way different than ours. They might as well just say what they really mean: "Shut up and stop whining - we'll do stuff in the fullness of time, when we feel like it!"

Peace and Prosperity

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing! I have only one complaint, and that is that pesky word "SOON" raising its ugly head again!!! ARGHHHH!! lol! :wacko::blink::wacko::P

Yup....and on top of that, it's only a presentation of candiadtes....doesn't mean they will be approved. There have been candidates submitted many times before that have NOT gotten approved. can't get excited until I see they are seated. :P

• Upvote 2

Found this info buried in IMF Document Way on page 26

Similarly, little progress was made in the restructuring of the balance sheets of the two largest

state-owned banks, Rafidain and Rasheed. With the assistance of the IMF, however, we have

now developed a way forward to remove the legacy items of the Saddam-era regime from the

balance sheets of these banks. More specifically, we will establish a Bank Reconciliation Unit

(BRU), with participation at a technical level of staff from these two banks, the CBI, the

Ministry of Finance, the BSA, and experts of Ernst & Young (who were the agents of the

Ministry of Finance in the external debt restructuring process) to: (i) deal with all legacy external

liabilities taking into account the government’s actions in the context of Iraq’s external debt

restructuring (ii) indentify and propose to write-off nonperforming loans to defunct state-owned

enterprises; (iii) propose a course of action for other remaining unreconciled accounts; and (iv)

after the balance sheets have been cleaned up, revalue the remaining foreign currency

denominated balance sheet items. The BRU will work under the supervision of the Restructuring

Oversight Committee (ROC), consisting of the Minister of Finance, the Governor of the CBI,

and the Chairman of the BSA. The BRU will send its recommendations for final approval to the

ROC to ensure that the restructuring of these banks’ balance sheet has the necessary support and

authorization. Through this process, we aim to complete the restructuring of the balance sheets

of Rafidain and Rasheed by end-June 2011 (a new date for the completion of this structural

benchmark).

YOU NEED TO PUT THIS BACK WHERE YOU FOUND IT. WE'VE SEEN IT ENOUGH.

• Downvote 1

Found this info buried in IMF Document Way on page 26

Similarly, little progress was made in the restructuring of the balance sheets of the two largest

state-owned banks, Rafidain and Rasheed.............................Through this process, we aim to complete the restructuring of the balance sheets

of Rafidain and Rasheed by end-June 2011 (a new date for the completion of this structural

benchmark).

Thank you for sharing, Just-Waitin. I, for one, hadn't seen this before. And IMHO, one reason folks may be irritated at seeing it so much is because every time someone replies to your post, it gets posted AGAIN above their comment -- OOPS!

Patience is waning, fuses are short, nails are being chewed to stubs...but we're all in this together!!!

Goooo RVeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :P :P :P