Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Long Term versus Short Term

I've been pondering all sorts of ways to shelter our pending income or delay the cash-in (for newbee's) in order to take advantage of long-term tax treatments. No matter how clever I and my financial adviser can be we still come to the same conclusion - cash out 100% asap and pay the short-term taxes when due in a year. Here's why: Rather than tying up most of our investment for many months (to get 12 months holding) we can do much better by moving our cash into silver immediately. You will have about a year to "use" the 35% that you are "holding" in reserve for the tax man. In that time you can double or triple your "reserve" by the time it's time to belly-up to the tax man in April 2012. Rather than loose the 35% to the tax man you will be tripling your money, paying 1/3rd to Uncle, and keeping the other 2/3rds for yourself. Most important, make sure you buy ONLY US SILVER (Liberty's and the like). Owning a foreign currency or bullion triggers a 1099 event every time you sell $10,000 or more of it. Selling US minted bullion does not.

Sliver is expected to increase 300% or more this year where as gold is likely to go up to $2,000 per ounce. At the current price of $36 per ounce $10,000 in silver is 17 pounds in weight. The most one could expect to store at home is $100,000 (170 lbs). If you are buying more call Monex or a similar company that will purchase physical gold or silver in your name and store it in their vaults for you. Whenever you want to sell some it's just a call away and the funds appear in your account the next day. It also makes it a snap to move in and out of silver to gold, platinum or palladium as the market changes.

Go RV this week........

• Upvote 1

Just to ask. Have you ever sold any silver you may happen to own? I would suggest going from one silver mine website to the next looking at their audit sheets. It will give you an idea of how much silver is being dug up and what it actually cost them. Research silver more before investing. You should ask refineries if they will buy silver from you as a individual and how much they pay per troy ounce.

I've been buying and selling silver bullion for years. I do noi recommend "paper" silver, only physical silver. If we're talking about $100K in gold, we can easily store that at home. If its silver then storage becomes a problem. For anyone who buys a million or more he'll need a garage to store it. Monex is one of the few who will actually sotor silver bullion, but only if you have a bunch of it. Just ask yourself how do the wealthy "own" millions of ounces of silver? They don't store it under their beds...

I've been buying and selling silver bullion for years. I do noi recommend "paper" silver, only physical silver. If we're talking about $100K in gold, we can easily store that at home. If its silver then storage becomes a problem. For anyone who buys a million or more he'll need a garage to store it. Monex is one of the few who will actually sotor silver bullion, but only if you have a bunch of it. Just ask yourself how do the wealthy "own" millions of ounces of silver? They don't store it under their beds...

Monex! Is this where you buy from? Christ they are or have been charged in several scams and have even been known to make 35% on their investors. NO THANKS. I choose to buy direct from the foundry, Spot +1 and that's enough for them. In addition it will not be an American foundry for sure. Peace.