Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq Entry Visas

Hazina

No idea. i got the email this morning, (no i cant post it) but every year they do some kind of crap like this wanting more $$ from our gov. So hopefully it will pass soon.

I guessed it being about making money too. It should pass as soon as possible. I am locked out of that country!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Absolutely it is about the money. They process hundreds, possibly thousands, of those visas daily. They have done this every year for the last 4 or 5 years, sometimes even more than once a year. THey need a smack down I tell you. We never should have ceded them this much control this soon. It is too early yet! IMO

If it is about money lets talk numbers. right now the Red Lanyard team has about 30,262 personnel on ground in Iraq. The last time we had to get the entry stamps they cost $3 that is $90,786 so if they were to raise the price to say $5 that would be $151,310. To me that does not sound like a lot of money to start all this. Is it really worth $150k, I dont think so. Some other things to add to this is that most all HR reps have been called to a meeting and from what I am hearing they are briefing them to let people know that they are NOT to have any Dinar with them, that has never been said before. Another little bit of info that I have is that I just received an email from Warka bank about a question that I had. Funny thing is, Warka has never been open on a Saturday before. Things that make you go HHHHHMMMMM?????

You also have to remember that once you got the visa it was good for almost a year, so they are not processing 1000's a day anymore. I have been traveling on the same one for the last 2 trips out.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know why the GOI has suddenly stopped issuing entry visas into Iraq to almost all foreigners?? :unsure: Basically right now one more or less needs an Iraqi passport to get into Iraq.

The email i got this morning said the GOI is not issuing Entry Visas for American and British Citizens. I dont know why though

Correct, but you have to remember one thing, the Red Lanyard team is not going to send a plane with just 20-30 FN's back to Iraq. So unless they have a plane full of FN's they will not be flying into Baghdad. Another thing on top of that is that there visa's for Dubai are only good for like 76hrs so they cant stay in Dubai as long as US and UK citizens.

We received word today that effective immediately, the Iraqi government has temporarily suspended the approval of Entry Visas into Iraq; and may not honor Entry Visas already approved (valid Multi-Entry Visas). This means that no employee will be allowed entry into Iraq until further notice.

We currently have no indication on how long this will last and/or when entry will resume; therefore, please be advised of the following:

* Employees are able to depart as scheduled; however, there is no guarantee you will be able to re-enter Iraq upon return to Dubai; this includes employees with a current Entry Visa in their passport

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

:tiphat:

Does anyone know why the GOI has suddenly stopped issuing entry visas into Iraq to almost all foreigners?? :unsure: Basically right now one more or less needs an Iraqi passport to get into Iraq.

We got an email this morning in country stating that not that it has been stopped but that the process where it use to take 48 hours is now going to take 15 to 21 days. This is for all US and British citizens. But..

The USG will be addressing this situation with the GOI, until then for all personnel that are due back within the next two weeks you will need to contact them; if they do not already have an Entry Visa the only alternative for entry back into Iraq is through Kuwait International Airport utilizing Gryphon Air; They can go on the website and arrange a ticket, the flights from Kuwait to Sather are every Wednesday, Friday & Sunday; fare is around $605.00.

Just an FYI, though you will fly into the civilian side. Hope this helps.

Im with the blue team and HR called us on vacation and said extend for 1week I'm a Superintendent (TS) cleared and have been here since it began in 03' this is not the first time this has happened. {But i will say something big is going on}

And as you know there are only Three countries allowed to possess DINAR inside IRAQ (only for payment of labor ) thats US ,UK and KUWAIT this was set to law back in 04' and passed to citizens of these countries in 08' but there is still a law against war profiteering that would include all contractors working for the gov. THERE TRYING TO PROTECT YOU GUYS by not allowing you to have large sums on you especially if it dose what there saying it will 1.... 25k note will put you way over what we are supposed to declare when interring a country . If you become a 100miloooouuuunndare over night red flags will go up even in your bathroom where you think you're the safest and 10 IRS agents will call you every day so use some since don't get caught doing it the wrong way.

And yes i have quite a large sum also but i don't bring it back in country with me .

• Upvote 2

Im with the blue team and HR called us on vacation and said extend for 1week I'm a Superintendent (TS) cleared and have been here since it began in 03' this is not the first time this has happened. {But i will say something big is going on}

And as you know there are only Three countries allowed to possess DINAR inside IRAQ (only for payment of labor ) thats US ,UK and KUWAIT this was set to law back in 04' and passed to citizens of these countries in 08' but there is still a law against war profiteering that would include all contractors working for the gov. THERE TRYING TO PROTECT YOU GUYS by not allowing you to have large sums on you especially if it dose what there saying it will 1.... 25k note will put you way over what we are supposed to declare when interring a country . If you become a 100miloooouuuunndare over night red flags will go up even in your bathroom where you think you're the safest and 10 IRS agents will call you every day so use some since don't get caught doing it the wrong way.

And yes i have quite a large sum also but i don't bring it back in country with me .

ROFLMAO!!! Im with you brother, you need to take it out not in. lol