Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I agree but my question before i make up my mind were did this come from, media, dinar forum or just speculation.

Would have sat a bit better with some link to back up this so called million Iraq protesters story

I posted it earlier....but here it is again......http://en.aswataliraq.info/Default1.aspx?page=article_page&id=140883&l=1

• Upvote 1

That is a comment I did not think I would hear and not sure what it means. If you are refering to the protest, the link is right here....

http://en.aswataliraq.info/Default1.aspx?page=article_page&id=140883&l=1

I'm not sure what else you would be referring to. I don't think pumpers are causing Iraqi's to burn down buildings or kill 16 year old children. Could you go a bit deeper into your comment because I'm not sure I understand it....Thanks Tim

Again, I appreciate your comments but I don't think the Iraqi people are not gonna give them until June. Have you been in Iraq Tim? You speak as though you have first hand experience. Thanks again for the feedback.

• Upvote 1

I have never been accused of being the brightest lamp on the street, but even I can see that the RV is a answer to the possible protests of the Iraqi people. Probably not the only answer (re: a non corupt government) , but in imho would go along way to calming things down.

It is very hard to fathom why they insist on dragging this out. Could have been accompolished months ago.

Along with go RV, I say go INTELLIGENT decision making. Think of your people !

Agreed sir.

I posted it earlier....but here it is again......http://en.aswataliraq.info/Default1.aspx?page=article_page&id=140883&l=1

Did not work.? Hmmm

Edited by Helicopter Barry
  • Upvote 1

February 25th stands, at this point , to be a pivotal day in Iraqi history. On this day the the Iraqi people are looking to hold a million people protest in Baghdad. 1,000,000 PEOPLE. Maliki and the boys have got to be very nervous. Look what the protest of 2,000 or so did in Wasit and other parts of the country. A mob of 1,000,000 angry Iraqi's in a small area??? The potential outcome would most likely be absolutely devastating. These people could potentially do more damage to Iraq and her existing government than any US bomb ever did.

Obviously the GOI understands this and has to do something before the 25th to appease the Iraqi people and an increase to their ration cards isn't gonna do it. So what do they do? I suppose RV is a plausible option but who knows? Certainly not me.

What do you guys think. I'm very interested in your feedback as it truely helps guide me through this roller coaster.

Peace.

You read my mind.!!

The UNFINISHED Iraqi government won't worry though, they'll just revoke the promised ration cards and free utilities. Seems as though the American Way is already taking a grip.....just file a law suits for restitution. Thats ok...I think the US should demand reval money and not buy into the 1000 to 1 dinar then reval. Another rip-off. US needs to demand they ask the CITIZENS their opinion on dropping zeros on the currency they hold and if they agree and trust what M S and A said ....that it would be better for the people in the long run. Shoot investors need to file suit against the unfinished government since they've continued to sell dinar and collecting interest on the billions they've been banking. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR What an insult that was to demand pymt from US.

Really in all seriousness, we all know that demanding restitution for damages by the US is good reason to redo and delay the budget so they can factor in expenses for going after us. I was just thinking as I'm pouring over my IRS payment....wouldn't it be nice if I had free utilities or atleast a write off... a ration card would be nice too. I think I'll get on facebook and coordinate a US demonstration.

GO RV before I go RV in a humvee!!!!!!huh.gif

I think that is another task in hand. If you take and RV the currency, would this not force every retailer to revise all their prices. That sounds more like an accounting nightmare.

When the Euro came into being, all prices had to be changed. What has to be done will be done whether it is an accounting nightmare or not.

Overnight? No, it probably would do exactly what you said... but think of it this way. Whoever is importing the bread was getting it for 1000 dinar (selling it for 1500 dinar)... now they're getting it for 2 dinar (a week after RV when supply runs out). They'd be mad to think they can still sell it for 1500 dinar. So in the end it would take a bit for the entire domestic market to make the change over... but after that they'd have a lot more buying power.

I agree with your logic...But what will they do in the mean time.

I do not for a moment believe they would get a million people together to do this. These guys are, as we have been witnessing for years now, all talk and very little follow through.

If they could rally this many people, why didn't they do so to oust Saddam, or not let him take over?

And Baghdad is suing the US for damage to the city itself. So if a demonstration of whatever size results in more destruction, well, let the US pay for it.

No, I just don't see them getting that many people together. All talk.

smee2