Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tony Blair

vern

Yup Tony Blair says he is sorry for the pain HE has caused for sending troops to war and others who were hurt as a direct hit or collateral or any other type of damage. He also stated that this war was a lie and that he should have but didnt think about it more,He had said to BUCH that he would be there for Bush whenever he needed him. When talking about Saddam -he said that he wasnt a threat as far as he was concerned and that he would still be alive to day if he hadve had the where with all to do so. ---Funny isnt it that hindsight is 20/20------Believe him or not only time will tell.The English will not forget what he has done nor will they want him but he is hoping that maybe someday it will pass and he can shake a hand that will not remeber him for what he has done- someone from this generation. Vern :)

Edited by vern
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

Yup Tony Blair says he is sorry for the pain HE has caused for sending troops to war and others who were hurt as a direct hit or collateral or any other type of damage. He also stated that this war was a lie and that he should have but didnt think about it more,He had said to BUCH that he would be there for Bush whenever he needed him. When talking about Saddam -he said that he wasnt a threat as far as he was concerned and that he would still be alive to day if he hadve had the where with all to do so. ---Funny isnt it that hindsight is 20/20------Believe him or not only time will tell.The English will not forget what he has done nor will they want him but he is hoping that maybe someday it will pass and he can shake a hand that will not remeber him for what he has done- someone from this generation. Vern :)

At least you spelled President Bush correctly one out of two times! :blink:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Had to look where you were from ... then this comment made by you was understandable .... always critical of the ones that do the work... just amazing. I happen to like Tony Blair .. :)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Had to look where you were from ... then this comment made by you was understandable .... always critical of the ones that do the work... just amazing. I happen to like Tony Blair .. :)

Sorry about that-I was just repeating what was said on the CBC and CTV tonite while watching the News- Thats where it came from. so dont hold it against me. Tony was good when he went in and then got sick in the head when he started to listen to BUSH-and the rest of the idiots that want to turn us upside down. I w2ish the Bildebergers and Berzinzki and the ilk would stay out of our lives thats all. Look what they did to Tony. Take that as it may- just 1 mans opinion. -Vern

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=7&t=51365&qpid=355789#ixzz1BgSsHfDJ-------------------------At least you spelled President Bush correctly one out of two times!

--- :lol::lol::lol: YUP YA GOT ME----its been along day for me and i gooooofed- Would sorry be ok to say? I could have said i did that to make sure you were watching- but i didnt - i owned up k? :lol::lol: Thanks - i,ll try harder againk? :lol:;) Vern

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Saddam got what was coming to him,tony blair was a good PM,obviously the war affected many lives.

But this is only the start terrorism will affect us for the rest of our days,were in debt for life for what the servicemen and woman are doing,regardless of how dodgy this war seemed imo it needed doing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

Tony Blair tells Sir John Chilcot he regretted "deeply and profoundly" the deaths in Iraq

January 21, 2011

Tony Blair told the official inquiry into the conflict that he regretted "deeply and profoundly" the deaths of British troops and Iraqi civilians. During the four and a half hour session, the former Prime Minister also set out how the policy on Iraq had evolved during his time in office, his view of the lessons to be learnt, and warned of the threat now posed by Iran

Tony Blair said that, while he made clear that he would always stand "shoulder to shoulder" with the Americans, he had also succeeded in persuading the US leader to go down the "UN route" first.

Mr Blair told the inquiry: "Regime change was their policy so regime change was part of the discussion. If it became the only way of dealing with this issue, we were going to be up for that."

The inquiry also released a note from Tony Blair to his chief of staff Jonathan Powell, from April 2002, in which he said that, from "a centre-left perspective", the case for action against the Iraqi dictator should be "obvious".

"Saddam's regime is a brutal, oppressive military dictatorship. He kills his opponents, has wrecked his country's economy and is a source of instability and danger in the region," he wrote.

Speaking towards the end of Friday’s hearing, Tony Blair said: "At the conclusion of the last hearing, you asked me whether I had any regrets. I took that as a question about the decision to go to war, and I answered that I took responsibility.

"That was taken as my meaning that I had no regrets about the loss of life and that was never my meaning or my intention. I wanted to make it clear that, of course, I regret deeply and profoundly the loss of life, whether from our own armed forces, those of other nations, the civilians who helped people in Iraq or the Iraqis themselves."

Tony Blair ended his evidence with a strong defence of his relationship with America, although he said that at times it could be "tough" and that people had to consider whether the "pain gain ratio" was worth it.

"I think you do have to consider that. My view is clear that it is," he said.

"I believe that it is important that we keep that relationship together. But I think we have to be realistic about it. When we are in a situation like this we are going to have to accept that it is going to be difficult and hard,” he argued.

"I personally think there is an even stronger argument today for the development of both a European defence capability and also a nation-building capacity because I think in both of those areas we can do far more and therefore have more weight and more leverage if we are in alongside others."

Tony Blair also issued a stark warning that the West must be prepared to use force if necessary to deal with the "looming challenge" of Iran and end its "wretched posture of apology" towards the regime in Tehran.

He said the Iranians would remain a destabilising force in the region - while continuing to develop their nuclear programme - unless they were confronted with the "requisite determination".

"This is a looming and coming challenge. I am out in the region the whole time, I see the impact and influence of Iran everywhere. It is negative, destabilising, it is supportive of terrorist groups, it is doing everything it can to impede progress in the Middle East process," he said.

"This is not because we have done something. At some point - and I say this to you with all the passion I possibly can - the West has got to get out of this wretched posture of apology for believing that we are responsible for what the Iranians are doing, or what these extremists are doing.

"We are not. The fact is that they are doing it because they disagree fundamentally with our way of life and they will carry on doing it unless they are met by the requisite determination and if necessary force."

Tony Blair said US President Barack Obama's attempts to extend the hand of partnership to the Iranian regime had failed to induce any change in policy.

"What is the response he gets? They carry on with the terrorism, they carry on with the destabilisation, they carry on with the nuclear weapons programme. At some point we have got to get our head out of the sand and understand they are going to carry on with this," he said.

Tony Blair also tackled the argument that the war in Iraq had emboldened the Iranians. He said it was the former policy of the West to promote Saddam Hussein as a bulwark against Iran that had failed.

"The answer to Iran is not Saddam. That was the policy in the 1980s and all we did was create a monster we couldn't control."

Hey Vern-- you knew you would get negs for bringing facts about the Iraq invasion. Facts that some still ignore. There's one important thing that I think we tend to minimize sometimes, the ultimate price paid by a lot of brave young souls for this country. Their sacrifices may be a reason not to dwell on the missteps that put them there. Maybe we shouldn't make the human loss sound for naught. I know the post was about Blair's regrets but he was pulled in by the conniver. Just a thought.

r65...&...Vern There is no winning this debate as we shoot ourselves in the bank account one way & we relegate the sacrifice to something unacceptable the other. Bushwacker finished Dads' fight for the wrong reasons. Why do you think Gen. Powell resigned. Powell stopped GWs dad from taking the fight too far. I can't say I agreed at the time but Powell knew more about the ME than most.

We cannot be more proud of our fighting men & women today. They make us Nam troops look like Charlie Sheens' dad in his movie about Nam. Many were not disciplined nor regimented like they are in this voluntary fighting machine. I would not want to face this steamroller today. I thank God we have them but better representation/leadership is needed to gamble any lives of our young people. They are not trained or paid to walk into harms way for the whims of lunatic politicians.

Freedom does come at a price but not beyond reality. Fighting to save a way of life is a sacrifice we are willing to make but turning against one another because some politician commands...... aint gonna happen.

Edited by tcat1
  • Upvote 1

r65...&...Vern There is no winning this debate as we shoot ourselves in the bank account one way & we relegate the sacrifice to something unacceptable the other. Bushwacker finished Dads' fight for the wrong reasons. Why do you think Gen. Powell resigned. Powell stopped GWs dad from taking the fight too far. I can't say I agreed at the time but Powell knew more about the ME than most.

We cannot be more proud of our fighting men & women today. They make us Nam troops look like Charlie Sheens' dad in his movie about Nam. Many were not disciplined nor regimented like they are in this voluntary fighting machine. I would not want to face this steamroller today. I thank God we have them but better representation/leadership is needed to gamble any lives of our young people. They are not trained or paid to walk into harms way for the whims of lunatic politicians.

Freedom does come at a price but not beyond reality. Fighting to save a way of life is a sacrifice we are willing to make but turning against one another because some politician commands...... aint gonna happen.

Well said Tcat Hope it didn't sound like I was admonishing Vern. Was just thinking about the lives lost not being in vain.

WAR--is another name for Progressive De-population Program - as far as i am concerned-Yes I HATE WAR as much as any of us and i think of the ones that have fought. I hate it when people lie and get people fighting so that the ones making it happen make Millions while we watch our loved ones die for WHAT? I would like to take the old adage from the 60,s -it is a saying that rang true then as now---If War is so great why arent our leaders there . Send them in and see how long it lasts-What i can say is this --- when the Romans and Turks and the others from way back then fought some of the leaders fought by their sides. Today they hide in their IVORY TOWERS and play games of who is going to win and when can i cash the check. Yup be neg, if you want but you all know that i am up front and in your face until proven different. If I am wrong i will retract what i say and apologize and i,m not afraid of that either. We live on a great continent- NORTH AMERICA-Canada and the U S....I want to keep it free and we dont have to shoot anyone for doing it. Yes i know what about certain elements - well there are ways but money talks and b-s--t walks. Thats the name of the game folks. It is reality and when we have people who want to play with peoples lives i really do take offence to that- Whether it be your people or mine.There is no colour in War-- There is money-- When you realize this then and only then will we make a difference- We talk about not want to talk about war but that is the trouble here - we tend to sweep it under- Do that to a people who buries their dead- We have know of and buried friends of this WAR so we do have an understanding of the thought process . Who freedom are we protecting? Theirs-ours? ---Now we have a President that goes into another war- You have 2 Bushes and Obama oh and Clinton. Oh Carter- --We have Harper-Martin --- I want you to think of something here---if someone was to come into our country and start drawing fire and making rules and telling you what to do and they had no place doing so what would you do? I would fight. so would you- Who are the TERROISTS? That is the Million Dollar QUESTION here... Thats the one I am trying to answer---------This is only my opinion - 1man 1 voice and that is where it starts---Blessings Vern :)