Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Somolia hasn't had a govt. since 1991...

BANE

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/piracy

I just read that Somolia hasn't had a government since 1991. The entire country is now one wasteland of pirates etc. HOW in the heck do they function everyday without some form of government? Could Iraq do the same thing?

Wow This is the most negative thing I have ever read here I am glad that I don't let negative thinking effect me as I await my Blessings

• Downvote 2

Wow This is the most negative thing I have ever read here I am glad that I don't let negative thinking effect me as I await my Blessings

So it's negative to say Somolia doesn't have a government. And hasn't had one since 1991....Ok....I didn't know that was negative but rather FACTUAL information. Somolia is the most negative thing you have read here? You make NO sense.

• Upvote 2

I just read that Somolia hasn't had a government since 1991. The entire country is now one wasteland of pirates etc. HOW in the heck do they function everyday without some form of government? Could Iraq do the same thing?

I guess Iraq could do whatever they want. However, they would not do this. Let's not forget why the USA invaded Iraq. To set the people free, create a democracy, and secure our future of driving big a$$ SUVs with all of that black gold they float on. Also, they already have a government and are working hard to keep it that way. They have too much to loose by letting what they have going for them crumble. They know this, we know this as does the whole world. Every country wants a slice of that oil and Iraq knows they will one day be the kings of the world. No way they would jeopardize that on purpose. Just my .02

• Upvote 1

See? There ya go Polar Bear! A reply that MADE SENSE. I just don't want it happening to Iraq.

Nani, How long have I been popping up with this? What do I talk about Somolia everyday? In fact I THINK this is the first time I have ever typed or indeed uttered the world Somolia. It is not in my everyday vocabulary...in fact Nani, Why don't you do a post history search and count just how many times I have used the word Somolia since I have been here at dinarvets. I am VERY curious to know the outcome... :huh:

• Upvote 1

I suspect now that the GOI is formed minus a few posts this would not occur. Besides with all of the partnership the US and others have contributed it would not be permitted to happen. If it did happen it would be a disaster with much egg on our face! We would likley send over Biden and Clinton for months on end to ensure they stay on track! JMHO :)

I am with ya bane I know I will get bashed for it but I have never read this or anything like this and to the negative NEWBIE please don't start off your posting career with a negative comment... it doesn't suite you and I also have many Leather Neck friends so lets not drag their name through the mud either by getting everyone thinking all marines are negative... thanks againbiggrin.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

somolia has nothing to offer the world....World leaders dont care about this country ...Iraq has what EVERY nation wants ...thus they actually care about them having a stable and prosperous government so its a win win for both iraq and all other countries of the world who wants what iraq has ... :)

• Upvote 1

iraq has something Somalia doesn't. OIL. And LOTS of it. Then add in all the other resources.... natural gas, minerals, near future enormous agriculture production, enormous history that brings in tourism. They are also central to the oil producing nations which is likely THE #1 reason we are there. Iraq has a LOT going for itself, where Somalia is a nothing country. Iraq is part of the OPEC nations, has well established international trade relations. I don't think you can put Somalia on the same page as Iraq. No comparison at all. An interesting question though and one I chose to research a little. Thanks for the input.

ECONOMY

Somalia lacks natural resources and faces major development challenges. Recent economic reverses have left its people increasingly dependent on remittances from abroad. Its economy is pastoral and agricultural, with livestock--principally camels, cattle, sheep, and goats--representing the main form of wealth. Livestock exports in recent years have been severely reduced by periodic bans, ostensibly for concerns of animal health, by Arabian Peninsula states. Drought has also impaired agricultural and livestock production. Because rainfall is scanty and irregular, farming generally is limited to certain coastal districts, areas near Hargeisa, and the Juba and Shabelle River valleys. The agricultural sector of the economy consists mainly of banana plantations located in the south, which use modern irrigation systems and up-to-date farm machinery.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2863.htm

• Upvote 1